If you could pick a Dialed hero for solo series...

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
If you could pick a Dialed hero for solo series...

Post by Sven the Returned »

Talking about Dial H of course. Which dial would excite you most to have his own long running series.

For me it's Iron Snail.

He is just plain awesome.

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Re: If you could pick a Dialed hero for solo series...

Post by Lightning Strike »

I'm not sure, but HERO from 2003 is one excellent series. Can't say the same about the new 52 book

The Noto
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Henry

Post by The Noto »

Lightning Strike wrote:I'm not sure, but HERO from 2003 is one excellent series. Can't say the same about the new 52 book
I can. I was bummed as hell when the New 52 Dial-H was cancelled. Such an amazing, unpredictable book. Loved it.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Seconded.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

The Noto wrote:
Lightning Strike wrote:I'm not sure, but HERO from 2003 is one excellent series. Can't say the same about the new 52 book
I can. I was bummed as hell when the New 52 Dial-H was cancelled. Such an amazing, unpredictable book. Loved it.
The writer on that series is an amazing author, outside of comics. Have you ever read any of his books? Highly recommended, he has a very bizarre patchwork imagination, and he effortlessly fuses multiple abstract, strange & familiar themes & ideas together.

I tried to like this comic because he was on it, but it just didn't hold me.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Noto
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Henry

Post by The Noto »

grendeljd wrote:
The Noto wrote:
The writer on that series is an amazing author, outside of comics. Have you ever read any of his books? Highly recommended, he has a very bizarre patchwork imagination, and he effortlessly fuses multiple abstract, strange & familiar themes & ideas together.

I haven't actually. I admit that I don't actually read much in the fiction realm outside of comics and specific authors (Douglas Adams, Philip K Dick, etc.) If you have a specific book to recommend though, I'll gladly check it out.

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

The Noto wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
The Noto wrote:

I haven't actually. I admit that I don't actually read much in the fiction realm outside of comics and specific authors (Douglas Adams, Philip K Dick, etc.) If you have a specific book to recommend though, I'll gladly check it out.
Perdido Street Station is a great place to start, it's excellent. First of a trilogy of books set in the same world but none of them are connected stories. It's so bizarre, I don't even know where to start describing it to hook your interest. There is magic & technology mixed together in a kind of steampunk Victorian setting. There are humans living alongside humanoid birds & a race of people who have beetle heads - not just a head shaped like the head of a beetle, but an entire beetle body for a head, attached to a humanoid body.

Actually, here is the Wikipedia entry for it.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

grendeljd wrote:
The Noto wrote:

Does a lot of his politics show up in his books?

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Forgotten Manchu vet wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
The Noto wrote:

Does a lot of his politics show up in his books?
I've only read Perdido Street Station & The Scar, and its been a few years since I did, but I would not say I felt overwhelmed by a political slant being preached at me, no. Those two novels are incredibly imaginative. The technology of the 'Possibility Sword' in The Scar is still an astoundingly cool idea. I still need to get around to reading The Iron Council, which is the third book set in the same world of Bas-Lag - though none of the books are truly interconnected at all.