A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

Post by GGSAE »

Here's one listed on ebay, that seems to be cheaper than what they usually go for...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Archer-Armstron ... 53f2460c8b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

Post by greg »

Historically, that would be a fantastic price. The CGC census for 9.8s went from 17 to 25 in the past two weeks. Not sure who submitted those, but that's a huge jump. Somewhere (possibly this seller) there are a small stack of these in CGC 9.8, which has probably never happened before.

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/issuehistory.asp?comicid=23803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

Let's see if he ships to Canada :twisted: :hope:

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

I think I should have waited a little longer before I bought mine. Oh well.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Someone must have found the "VAULT" of VH1 Valiants. Adding 8 copies the census with a BIN price to $279 is still a great deal IMO.

Its almost like buying 2 for 1 prior to those 8 copies.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

greg wrote:Historically, that would be a fantastic price. The CGC census for 9.8s went from 17 to 25 in the past two weeks. Not sure who submitted those, but that's a huge jump. Somewhere (possibly this seller) there are a small stack of these in CGC 9.8, which has probably never happened before.

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/issuehistory.asp?comicid=23803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You think this seller has multiples of that book? That would make sense if this individual knows the price won't sell at what it used to if he/she is about to drop several of these at once. Someone buy themselves an Xmas gift!

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I almost pulled the trigger myself, but I put another $280 on my comic storage unit rental instead. Sadly, my wife won't let me keep 'The Holland Hoard' in the house.

:D

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

greg wrote:I almost pulled the trigger myself, but I put another $280 on my comic storage unit rental instead. Sadly, my wife won't let me keep 'The Holland Hoard' in the house.

:D
Wow, I'll be watching that storage wars episode! I can only imagine Darryl cracking the slabs to take a peak at the books inside. ;)

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

If I hadn't just spent a fortune on home security I would definitely buy this
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

Post by BloodShot »

drmirage wrote:Someone must have found the "VAULT" of VH1 Valiants. Adding 8 copies the census with a BIN price to $279 is still a great deal IMO.

Its almost like buying 2 for 1 prior to those 8 copies.
I just got one of these back myself at the end of last week. I was going back'n'forth about whether or not to sell it. Even if I was willing to sell it, there's just absolutely NO way in Santa's pants I could let it go for only $280. That is an out-right steal!

I can't believe it still hasn't sold; somebody needs to jump on this!!
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

GPA Analysis has the AA 0 Gold at $250 at the last price sold.

With 8 more recently added, there is a reason why it hasn't sold yet. Uncertainty.

If this were a Shadowman Black or Harby / XO QR be listed at $279. I would probably have sold by now. AA 0 Golds supply has met the demand for now.

Funny that a month ago this sold for $499.

IMO, seller should sell higher than $279, unless the have more 9.8s available. Ill have to check the registry #s.

greatbrandino11
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by greatbrandino11 »

This issue is gone now :D

I've been hoping to find this issue at a 9.8 for a decent price. I offered a seller a little over $400 several months ago when he had the BIN price at $599. I'm glad he declined my offer. It certainly seems as if high grade Pre-Unity issues are going for lower prices.
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

BloodShot
A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

Post by BloodShot »

greatbrandino11 wrote:This issue is gone now :D

I've been hoping to find this issue at a 9.8 for a decent price. I offered a seller a little over $400 several months ago when he had the BIN price at $599. I'm glad he declined my offer. It certainly seems as if high grade Pre-Unity issues are going for lower prices.
Some, maybe; definitely not all. In fact, some have actually increased in value. Consider Armorines #0 GOLD and X-O #1/2 GOLD in the same 9.8 grade. You couldn't give those away to anyone at $75 a pop one-to-two years ago. Now, good luck finding either one. And if you do, they'll set you back a good $200 per, as the last few slabs have done in very recent months.

Regardless, bully for you for snagging that 9.8 A&A #0 GOLD. I don't care how you slice it, that was a hella' good deal :wink: !

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

BloodShot wrote:

Some, maybe; definitely not all. In fact, some have actually increased in value. Consider Armorines #0 GOLD and X-O #1/2 GOLD in the same 9.8 grade. You couldn't give those away to anyone at $75 a pop one-to-two years ago. Now, good luck finding either one. And if you do, they'll set you back a good $200 per, as the last few slabs have done in very recent months.

Regardless, bully for you for snagging that 9.8 A&A #0 GOLD. I don't care how you slice it, that was a hella' good deal :wink: !
X-O 1/2 Gold used to be a high dollar book, even raw. A case of them was discovered and the supply greatly increased.

Is X-O 1/2 a pre-Unity book? It ties more into the Wolfbridge Affair (36 to 40?) more than anything in pre-Unity.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

This goes the same for Dr Mirage Gold #1. Probably go for $200+

There should be another 5-6 more AA #0 Gold up for sale very soon from the same seller.

When the Census count goes up by 30% (8 books) instantly on a 5,000 print run 90s book, the book sold almost half of what it normally goes for.

Imagine if VH1 Harbinger #1 had only 10 instead of 90+ copies in the census... How much would that book sell for today?

I wonder how much did Carter spend for his AA #0 Gold for.
BloodShot wrote:

BloodShot
A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

Post by BloodShot »

Chiclo wrote:X-O 1/2 Gold used to be a high dollar book, even raw. A case of them was discovered and the supply greatly increased.

Is X-O 1/2 a pre-Unity book? It ties more into the Wolfbridge Affair (36 to 40?) more than anything in pre-Unity.
No, it definitely is not. To be clear, it wasn't really in reference to that so much as it was to the high-grade V1's "decreasing" in value as the supply has increased.

Guess I should've clarificated that statement.

BloodShot
A&A Gold 9.8 (not mine)

Post by BloodShot »

drmirage wrote:This goes the same for Dr Mirage Gold #1. Probably go for $200+.
Again, to clarify: not a pre-Unity.

But the price-point (premium V1 supply vs. value) was my point exactly.

OTOH, the greatbrandino11 does have a valid point, too, in that several of the pre-Unity 9.8's that were crazy-high have at least attempted to come down to earth somewhat. Magnus #5 and RAI #3 are two more solid examples of that.

One's that I don't believe will come down ANY time soon is Magnus #13; it is an exceptionally difficult pre-Unity to achieve in high grade.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

I thought DR MIRAGE was a Pre-UNITY Book. :lol:

Anyhow...going a little further on this, here are the Registry #'s from this batch of A&A #0 Gold that recently sold for $279.

We can assume that these A&A #0 GOLDs were in a 10 pack since there were 10 books submitted on December 2012. (hm..... :hm: )

Here are the CGC Registry # and CGC Results
1108879001 AA GOLD 0 9.6* SOLD $99 ON 12/23
1108879002 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879003 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879004 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879005 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879006 AA GOLD 0 9.4* SOLD $49 ON 12/23
1108879007 AA GOLD 0 9.8* SOLD $249 ON 12/25
1108879008 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879009 AA GOLD 0 9.6* SOLD $99 ON 12/22
1108879010 AA GOLD 0 9.8

There's a likely possibility that 6 more additional copies will be listed for $279.00 (more or less)

There's also a small possiblity that the seller can have more 10 packs A&A #0 Golds on the seller's hands.

One thing to take note, the seller still has both CGC 9.4 and 9.6 listed using the same images as the previous completed listings. I'm not sure where the 9.4's and 9.6's came from since these were previously sold.

Could the seller have more A&A #0 Golds submitted to CGC? Could there be more 10 packs or additional A&A #0 CGC 9.8's for sale?

I guess we will find out sooner or later.

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Thanks for the info. I think the 9.8 sold for $279.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

drmirage wrote:I thought DR MIRAGE was a Pre-UNITY Book. :lol:

Anyhow...going a little further on this, here are the Registry #'s from this batch of A&A #0 Gold that recently sold for $279.

We can assume that these A&A #0 GOLDs were in a 10 pack since there were 10 books submitted on December 2012. (hm..... :hm: )

Here are the CGC Registry # and CGC Results
1108879001 AA GOLD 0 9.6* SOLD $99 ON 12/23
1108879002 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879003 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879004 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879005 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879006 AA GOLD 0 9.4* SOLD $49 ON 12/23
1108879007 AA GOLD 0 9.8* SOLD $249 ON 12/25
1108879008 AA GOLD 0 9.8
1108879009 AA GOLD 0 9.6* SOLD $99 ON 12/22
1108879010 AA GOLD 0 9.8

There's a likely possibility that 6 more additional copies will be listed for $279.00 (more or less)

There's also a small possiblity that the seller can have more 10 packs A&A #0 Golds on the seller's hands.

One thing to take note, the seller still has both CGC 9.4 and 9.6 listed using the same images as the previous completed listings. I'm not sure where the 9.4's and 9.6's came from since these were previously sold.

Could the seller have more A&A #0 Golds submitted to CGC? Could there be more 10 packs or additional A&A #0 CGC 9.8's for sale?

I guess we will find out sooner or later.
This is stellar detective work right here.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

Like what Greg had mentioned. "Historically, that would be a fantastic price. The CGC census for 9.8s went from 17 to 25 in the past two weeks. Not sure who submitted those, but that's a huge jump. Somewhere (possibly this seller) there are a small stack of these in CGC 9.8, which has probably never happened before."

Thanks CKB, hearing these words from you ... means a lot.
ckb wrote:This is stellar detective work right here.

greatbrandino11

:rant:

I have been working on my 9.8 Pre-Unity collection for about 3 years now. After 3 years of searching (pretty short amount of time), I have seen many of the "rare" issues - Harbinger 1, Solar 10, Rai 5, Magnus 7, etc. - sold multiple times from different sellers on different comic sites. Compared to what I paid, Most of the issues stayed in the ballpark or buyers didn't want to meet the asking price. The issues I feel I may have overpaid for are Harbinger 5 and 6, but at the time, I had never seen them offered for sale, so I was happy to meet the asking prices. When I saw the issues later, the starting bids were much lower than what I paid and no one even bid on them. The issues I have found to be the most difficult - Harbinger 7 (I purchased the only one I have seen offered), Magnus 11 (purchased through this site) and Magnus 13 (still searching). I really have nothing to compare these prices to except using the sales history provided by this site. I know Magnus 13 will cost.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

It's better to take a chance to buy raw copies of Magnus 13 since this book can be purchased anywhere from .50 to 3.00 rather than. Paying $$$ for this book slabbed in CGC 9.8

It's not a rare book to find. Not many have been submitted. Maybe the printing problem is where the problem lies.

You do have to be selective on what lots you purchase. If you are patient, you can find a 9.8 candidate.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Chiclo wrote:
BloodShot wrote:

X-O 1/2 Gold used to be a high dollar book, even raw. A case of them was discovered and the supply greatly increased.

Ya but after that initial flooding of books, X-O Golds went back to their scarcity and haven't been common at all. I've managed to snag a couple cheap in auctions hidden in a batch of books, but it's still quite rare.

greatbrandino11

drmirage wrote:It's better to take a chance to buy raw copies of Magnus 13 since this book can be purchased anywhere from .50 to 3.00 rather than. Paying $$$ for this book slabbed in CGC 9.8

It's not a rare book to find. Not many have been submitted. Maybe the printing problem is where the problem lies.

You do have to be selective on what lots you purchase. If you are patient, you can find a 9.8 candidate.
I have been leaning towards that option. I have 5 NM copies that look really promising and 2 reader copies. I may wait and acquire a couple more NM issues and send them all to CGC via pre-screening.