VcVSS on ebay

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993
VcVSS on ebay

Post by dino »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 93018&rd=1

Nice auction comic kings, the first CGC graded book. Im excited to see how this one does. I love that you included me in the description :D even if its dino instead of Dinesh.

Good luck with it.
Last edited by dino on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

COMICKINGS
Account inactive by user's request

Post by COMICKINGS »

And here I was thinking I got your last name wrong! I went in and changed it for ya!

Wizard of Utopia
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Wizard of Utopia »

Nice auction! However, I don't believe the Layton stash was ever offered on ebay. It was sold directly here on the boards. And Dino got the idea for the VcVSS from the much hated VK.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Wizard of Utopia wrote:Nice auction! However, I don't believe the Layton stash was ever offered on ebay. It was sold directly here on the boards. And Dino got the idea for the VcVSS from the much hated VK.
Thanks for the quick name change:)

VK asked Bob Layton if he'd sign the books as added value and that sparked the whole thing but the VcVSS idea was mine.

COMICKINGS

Post by COMICKINGS »

I forgot that it was an offer to people here on the boards.I feel pretty stupid now :bricks: .It's too late to change it on the auction as there has been bidding already this morning.

Wizard of Utopia

Post by Wizard of Utopia »

dino wrote: VK asked Bob Layton if he'd sign the books as added value and that sparked the whole thing but the VcVSS idea was mine.
Sorry, Dino! :oops:

I was going by the info in your 1st post on this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=1089

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Wizard of Utopia wrote:Nice auction! However, I don't believe the Layton stash was ever offered on ebay. It was sold directly here on the boards. And Dino got the idea for the VcVSS from the much hated VK.
Then why did you come back?
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Talking about yourself in the third person is a sure sign of mental instability.

darthcire
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by darthcire »

Dino, may I know what happen to your ebay account?
Why is it that every time I think I know the answers, someone goes and changes the questions?

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

I got suspended for not paying for an auction. It was a Second Life of Dr. Mirage gold I won for $6 a while back, I forgot about it:(
I sent a check to the guy and he sent my book out two days ago. When I get it and leave feedback I should be back up. Ive actually enjoyed being suspended. There was tons of magnus art on this week and I would have spent far more money than I should have.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Knightt_333 wrote:Bad penny...
This thread's full of them :P

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

I was suprised to see this book get an 8.0 do you think that will drive some fo the people away? I think that it might have done better not in a slab.

hillmanthe2nd

Post by hillmanthe2nd »

DawgPhan wrote:I was suprised to see this book get an 8.0 do you think that will drive some fo the people away? I think that it might have done better not in a slab.
I was thinking the same thing :think: I will be surprised if it goes above the previous high, especially with this grade but you never know.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

Knightt_333 wrote:
dino wrote:I got suspended for not paying for an auction. It was a Second Life of Dr. Mirage gold I won for $6 a while back, I forgot about it:(
College DOES tend to make one forgetful doesnt it, dino ? Especially when it comes to sending stuff out...
I dont think that it is college that makes people forget things...it might be the things that take place while in college...especially things that tend to fly well on the left coast... :thumb:

COMICKINGS

Post by COMICKINGS »

we use to fly just as high here on the right coast!!

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Knightt_333 wrote:
dino wrote:I got suspended for not paying for an auction. It was a Second Life of Dr. Mirage gold I won for $6 a while back, I forgot about it:(
College DOES tend to make one forgetful doesnt it, dino ? Especially when it comes to sending stuff out...
<has been to Dino's dorm room, and stole whatever it was Dino was supposed to ship to Knightt>

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

;)

tbrezz
Long Live Valiant
Long Live Valiant
Valiant fan since: Harbinger 17 May 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by tbrezz »

:D Who is the newest owner of a Magnus 0 VCVSS ME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and if you can't tell I'm Very Happy
Long Live Valiant Because the Voices in My Head Say So
Brandon

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

tbrezz wrote: :D Who is the newest owner of a Magnus 0 VCVSS ME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and if you can't tell I'm Very Happy
Congrats tbrezz, I think you got a pretty good deal, this may be one of those situations where the book might have sold more if it wasn't slabbed and Joey just said it was VF. That big 8.0 hits you right in the face when you see the picture.

My copy isn't in any better shape than that one, I am just happy to own one.

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

tbrezz wrote: :D Who is the newest owner of a Magnus 0 VCVSS ME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and if you can't tell I'm Very Happy
:applause: :cloud9:
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

congrats dude. Welcome to the club.

tbrezz
Long Live Valiant
Long Live Valiant

Post by tbrezz »

Thanks Guys I was high bidder for 9 days Didn't think it was going to happen. I was pulling one heck of a bluff everytime someone bid I would throw a dollar or so onto my max bid to make it look way high but I did have to smack another bidder off at the end but I'm way way happy to finaly have one. 8.0 doesn't bother me that's subjective to me it's a 10 and if it ever does I reckon I could always go after another :twisted: that is if anyone is crazy enough to give up such a Great Comic. And I definetly can not wait to get the Solar 1 :D :D :D :D and you never know I might go after the remarked auction copy :D Now that is going to be a hard one to win. Anyway thanks again guys and I will truely enjoy having The Magnus in my collection :D
Brandon

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

tbrezz wrote:Thanks Guys I was high bidder for 9 days Didn't think it was going to happen. I was pulling one heck of a bluff everytime someone bid I would throw a dollar or so onto my max bid to make it look way high but I did have to smack another bidder off at the end but I'm way way happy to finaly have one. 8.0 doesn't bother me that's subjective to me it's a 10 and if it ever does I reckon I could always go after another :twisted: that is if anyone is crazy enough to give up such a Great Comic. And I definetly can not wait to get the Solar 1 :D :D :D :D and you never know I might go after the remarked auction copy :D Now that is going to be a hard one to win. Anyway thanks again guys and I will truely enjoy having The Magnus in my collection :D
This makes me happy :D

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

dino wrote:
tbrezz wrote:Thanks Guys I was high bidder for 9 days Didn't think it was going to happen. I was pulling one heck of a bluff everytime someone bid I would throw a dollar or so onto my max bid to make it look way high but I did have to smack another bidder off at the end but I'm way way happy to finaly have one. 8.0 doesn't bother me that's subjective to me it's a 10 and if it ever does I reckon I could always go after another :twisted: that is if anyone is crazy enough to give up such a Great Comic. And I definetly can not wait to get the Solar 1 :D :D :D :D and you never know I might go after the remarked auction copy :D Now that is going to be a hard one to win. Anyway thanks again guys and I will truely enjoy having The Magnus in my collection :D
This makes me happy :D
Me too!
~A
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

COMICKINGS

Post by COMICKINGS »

Congrats Brandon!You should get it in a day or so.I had 2 copies.Both got graded.The other was a 9.0.I figured selling one would pay for everything after grading and make somebody out there happy.Good to see it went to a member here! Looking forward to the Solar! Joey

tbrezz
Long Live Valiant
Long Live Valiant

Post by tbrezz »

Thanks Joey I'll let you know when I get it
Brandon