The Walking Dead

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham
Re: The Walking Dead

Post by 400yrs »

xodacia81 wrote:
...That sounds...oh lord...

Yeah, I doubt it, but we may look back on the series and the pet tiger may be the jump the shark moment. Unless he kills it next issue. That would be a Kirkmanny thing to do.
ASM Crossover Home

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by nutflush76 »

400yrs wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:

Yeah, I doubt it, but we may look back on the series and the pet tiger may be the jump the shark moment. Unless he kills it next issue. That would be a Kirkmanny thing to do.
I don't know, it's not any weirder than pet Zombies.

Although, for some reason I kinda feel like they are going to turn to Ezequiel for help and it turns out he is just as bad, if not worse, than Negan.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

nutflush76 wrote:
400yrs wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:

Although, for some reason I kinda feel like they are going to turn to Ezequiel for help and it turns out he is just as bad, if not worse, than Negan.
It immediately sets off a red flag in my mind that the guy wants to assert himself as the community leader with the title of 'King', and apparently seems to take it all a little too seriously. Isn't this the guy that has been mentioned by others in hushed tones ever since Rick & Co. first arrived in this part of the world?

Seems to me that the overall theme of the book is turning into a character study of the kind of personality types that become leaders of the survivors...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by nutflush76 »

grendeljd wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:
400yrs wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:

It immediately sets off a red flag in my mind that the guy wants to assert himself as the community leader with the title of 'King', and apparently seems to take it all a little too seriously. Isn't this the guy that has been mentioned by others in hushed tones ever since Rick & Co. first arrived in this part of the world?

Seems to me that the overall theme of the book is turning into a character study of the kind of personality types that become leaders of the survivors...
I think it's more of a contrast between Rick and the villains. Rick, even though he has done his fair share of questionable things, is still the town sheriff, who takes care of everyone he can. The villains are the polar opposite. They only have their people for their own gain and they have fully given into the insanity of a world overrun by zombies. Rick had a brush with that with the phone episode, but he has never totally given in to the insanity of the situation.

I also think it's really pretty hard to come up with many different villains considering the world that he is in. but he needs to make them as horrible as possible in order for them to be more of a threat than the zombies.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

grendeljd wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:
400yrs wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:

If that were to be an element in the books, great, but I lost faith in Kirkman to be able to do such writing. When? I don't know...maybe around issue 100.

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

xodacia81 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:
400yrs wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:

If that were to be an element in the books, great, but I lost faith in Kirkman to be able to do such writing. When? I don't know...maybe around issue 100.
I think the writing in the tv show is far worse - not sure how much of it is Kirkman's.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Has anyone read #144 yet? Maybe not as epic and shocking as the end of prison arc but it's pretty huge.

newt138
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by newt138 »

iggy101us wrote:Has anyone read #144 yet? Maybe not as epic and shocking as the end of prison arc but it's pretty huge.
Yeah the last 3 pages had my jaw dropping. Since the time jump the series has been slow. I knew it was just building up to something. Now I see what that was.

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by caniac »

Yeah...had to pick up my jaw...crazy issue.

iggy101us

Post by iggy101us »

Yup, pretty crazy. Don't mess with baldies.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

I was honestly expecting it to be even worse with the deaths at the end - even though it was being telegraphed to worry more about Michonne & Andrea etc.. Still, that was a pretty intense ending!