Harbinger Death

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Harbinger Death

Post by lorddunlow »

My money is on Faith or Flamingo.

Well... Literally my money is on Faith, but I could see it being Flamingo.

If it is Torque, then Dysart a knocked down a few more notches as a writer in my book. I really feel the dream death was a big cop-out, and if he is killed in this arc, then it just feels sloppy to me. Just my opinion, but it's how I would feel.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

lorddunlow wrote:My money is on Faith or Flamingo.

If it is Torque, then Dysart a knocked down a few more notches as a writer in my book. I really feel the dream death was a big cop-out, and if he is killed in this arc, then it just feels sloppy to me. Just my opinion, but it's how I would feel.
I have STRONG reason to believe that Faith, Flamingo, and Torque live.

DBS

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

DirtbagSailor wrote:

DBS
Is it because two of the three are on that Armor Hunters cover, and some incorrectly think that the third is also depicted?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Manaf82
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2010
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Manaf82 »

I think Peter is going to die,but he would enhance Kris and would transfer all his powers to her...so she becomes powerful and with her tactical capabilities, she might be as powerful as Harada and maybe even just as pragmatic..No logic to this ...Just what makes sense in my mind..
Feel my "SQUEEING SQUEE"

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Manaf82 wrote:I think Peter is going to die,but he would enhance Kris and would transfer all his powers to her...so she becomes powerful and with her tactical capabilities, she might be as powerful as Harada and maybe even just as pragmatic..No logic to this ...Just what makes sense in my mind..
This is an interesting idea. I had a similar theory about the kid who "absorbs" other psiots "absorbing" Pete.

Although, transferring someone's conscience to someone else, sort of seems like a cop out and not in keeping with "dead is dead".
Multum In Parvo

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

kjjohanson wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote:

DBS
Is it because two of the three are on that Armor Hunters cover, and some incorrectly think that the third is also depicted?
I have heard that Armor Hunters Harbinger will focus on Gen Zero kids.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Huh. We should have had a rule about henpecking the author into our predicted character death. And I thought I had all the bases covered. :P

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

jmatt wrote:Huh. We should have had a rule about henpecking the author into our predicted character death. And I thought I had all the bases covered. :P
Hey, not my fault if you don't think of all the possible tactics. :P

Manaf82
Valiant fan since: 2010
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Manaf82 »

The Dirt Gang wrote:
Manaf82 wrote:I think Peter is going to die,but he would enhance Kris and would transfer all his powers to her...so she becomes powerful and with her tactical capabilities, she might be as powerful as Harada and maybe even just as pragmatic..No logic to this ...Just what makes sense in my mind..
This is an interesting idea. I had a similar theory about the kid who "absorbs" other psiots "absorbing" Pete.

Although, transferring someone's conscience to someone else, sort of seems like a cop out and not in keeping with "dead is dead".
What I meant was Peter would be dead,but he makes Kris an omega Harbinger before he dies..No little voice in the head like Superior Spider-Man..
Feel my "SQUEEING SQUEE"

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Manaf82 wrote:
What I meant was Peter would be dead,but he makes Kris an omega Harbinger before he dies..No little voice in the head like Superior Spider-Man..

Got ya. That could be an interesting twist, however, I like the fact that Kris is "normal".
Multum In Parvo

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

Back when all the speculation started, my gut instinct was Flamingo. I'm still leaning towards her although the other possibility (in my mind) is Kris. I hope it's Flamingo. Not that I want her to die, but she's my least favorite of the crew. Kris and Ax are "normal" but still exceptional - they could have bright futures.
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

pixierosa wrote:Back when all the speculation started, my gut instinct was Flamingo. I'm still leaning towards her although the other possibility (in my mind) is Kris. I hope it's Flamingo. Not that I want her to die, but she's my least favorite of the crew. Kris and Ax are "normal" but still exceptional - they could have bright futures.
That's pretty much my opinion, and my take, based on what Dysart has done with the characters so far, is that she might be his least favorite as well, making her more likely to be the sacrificial lamb here.

hkupo
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Faith
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain/Henry

Post by hkupo »

kjjohanson wrote:
pixierosa wrote:Back when all the speculation started, my gut instinct was Flamingo. I'm still leaning towards her although the other possibility (in my mind) is Kris. I hope it's Flamingo. Not that I want her to die, but she's my least favorite of the crew. Kris and Ax are "normal" but still exceptional - they could have bright futures.
That's pretty much my opinion, and my take, based on what Dysart has done with the characters so far, is that she might be his least favorite as well, making her more likely to be the sacrificial lamb here.
I don't see Flamingo dying based on the interviews I've read. I know they're supposed to hype these books but I got the feeling that the death really did affect the people over at Valiant. And the only characters in my mind that could have that type of impact would be Faith, Peter, or Kris. Yeah both Torque and Flamingo have gotten a little push lately but they don't really resonate that much...yet.

But it's all speculation and I really don't want any of them to die even though it's going to be an incredible read. The preview over at CBR looks beyond amazing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... w&id=21806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly, it's been a loooong time since I've been this invested in a comic book and I can't wait.
Peter Vest I stole your N64

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

Okay, just a heads-up. The advertised "death" issue is due out this coming week. Expect spoilers in this thread for anything posted starting Wednesday morning.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

kjjohanson wrote:Okay, just a heads-up. The advertised "death" issue is due out this coming week. Expect spoilers in this thread for anything posted starting Wednesday morning.
And here ... we... go...

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

kjjohanson wrote:Okay, just a heads-up. The advertised "death" issue is due out this coming week. Expect spoilers in this thread for anything posted starting Wednesday morning.
Think we should all agree that even though we're in the "spoilers" section, the initial reports on the death should have the spoiler blocking on.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric

Post by Phoenix8008 »

hkupo wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
I don't see Flamingo dying based on the interviews I've read. I know they're supposed to hype these books but I got the feeling that the death really did affect the people over at Valiant. And the only characters in my mind that could have that type of impact would be Faith, Peter, or Kris. Yeah both Torque and Flamingo have gotten a little push lately but they don't really resonate that much...yet.

But it's all speculation and I really don't want any of them to die even though it's going to be an incredible read. The preview over at CBR looks beyond amazing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... w&id=21806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly, it's been a loooong time since I've been this invested in a comic book and I can't wait.
Quite the preview there! I'm so glad it's near the end of the month. My comics will ship out to me the day these come out probably. I won't have long to wait to read them, unlike the stuff at the begining of the month.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Keith wrote:
Think we should all agree that even though we're in the "spoilers" section, the initial reports on the death should have the spoiler blocking on.
+1

hkupo
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Faith
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain/Henry

Post by hkupo »

Keith wrote:
If anyone is going to be spoiling anything I think they should provide tissues and maybe some comfort food like Ben & Jerry's. I mean come on...it's only fair right?
Peter Vest I stole your N64

rpellech83

Post by rpellech83 »

Had a dream the other night that I was reading the issue and while I didn't actually see the page, every implication was that Pete was the one who bought it. Hope it's not prophetic but my anticipation lever for this book is sky high.

jakgrimm
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jakgrimm »

Sorry I know I am several months behind on this but having just read the issue where Faith and Torque hook up I really think Torque buys it and Zepplin is pregos. My previous jest about fathering Magnus before he goes might not be far off. Plus he received a glitter of sad happiness before he goes just like Kyle Reese in the first Terminator.

Now that we are a day away I am a little sad it is going down. If it is Pete and he transferred his powers to Kris that is cool but a big cop out because the timing is just too coincidental. Kris with the Omega power would be sick tho.
Time to take a dump. -Torque

rpellech83

Post by rpellech83 »

I do not want to see Kris get Omega powers. Luckily I think they are non transferable. Kris's power is that she is a normal human smart enough and in control of Pete to the point where she gets things done. One of two things will happen:

Either Pete dies and Kris has to lead the group without the one person with enough raw power to stand up to Harada.
Or B, Kris dies and Pete will have to take on Harada in the next phase of Harbinger without the brains/strategist as well as the person who keeps him human.

Based on Dysart's clues about not wanting to kill the character it is either Kris based on how much he enjoys the character or Pete due to most fans expecting him to be going against Harada.Though Dysart did also once mention in an interview that he knew how the story of Pete and Harada ends and my gut instinct was that Pete wouldn't win.

vaevictis
Favorite character: Phil Seleski

Post by vaevictis »

Just noticed the final cover of #23 with the crew around the casket has Torque noticeably absent. No big deal normally except that the previous version of this cover had everyone on the cover (if only as a silhouette).
Vae Victis - Woe to the Conquered!

rpellech83

Post by rpellech83 »

Where did you end uo seeing the final cover?

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

rpellech83 wrote:Where did you end uo seeing the final cover?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 661&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;