Captain America: Winter Soldier

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord
Re: Captain America: Winter Soldier

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Sweet little appearance by the dude that plays Abed on Community too :lol:
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

sonicdan wrote:Pixierosa and I saw it last night. I can see why many say it's the best Marvel movie yet.
Crazy action, solid casting, and engaging story line. I loved the Easter Eggs especially the Pulp Fiction nod.
"The path of the righteous man..." :clap:
DAN
It's going to be fun when this comes out on DVD/Bluray checking to see who the targeted people are.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

String
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by String »

kjjohanson wrote:
sonicdan wrote:Pixierosa and I saw it last night. I can see why many say it's the best Marvel movie yet.
Crazy action, solid casting, and engaging story line. I loved the Easter Eggs especially the Pulp Fiction nod.
DAN
It's going to be fun when this comes out on DVD/Bluray checking to see who the targeted people are.
That scene(s) scrolled by soooo fast, I didn't catch that many names either. Although the wife said she noticed Stark Tower (or perhaps Stark himself) targeted.

Excellent, excellent film from the action to the acting. Redford helped bring a certain gravitas to this film which helped elevate it beyond a mere superhero/comic film. Stan's portrayal of Winter is quickly making him into one of the more dynamic Marvel cinematic characters yet.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

String wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
DAN
That scene(s) scrolled by soooo fast, I didn't catch that many names either. Although the wife said she noticed Stark Tower (or perhaps Stark himself) targeted.

Excellent, excellent film from the action to the acting. Redford helped bring a certain gravitas to this film which helped elevate it beyond a mere superhero/comic film. Stan's portrayal of Winter is quickly making him into one of the more dynamic Marvel cinematic characters yet.
Stark was definitely in there when they showed the image of NYC. I imagine that we'd find a lot of other Marvel characters in the picture which might indicate who else might be showing up in the movies. I'm sure there are some creators tossed in as well.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

kjjohanson wrote:
String wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
DAN

Stark was definitely in there when they showed the image of NYC. I imagine that we'd find a lot of other Marvel characters in the picture which might indicate who else might be showing up in the movies. I'm sure there are some creators tossed in as well.
Sitwell threw out the name Stephen Strange when they were questioning him.

That would indicate that he is already active as the Sorcerer Supreme because his birth name was Stephen Saunders. Maybe Sanders?

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

Chiclo wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
String wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
DAN

Sitwell threw out the name Stephen Strange when they were questioning him.

That would indicate that he is already active as the Sorcerer Supreme because his birth name was Stephen Saunders. Maybe Sanders?
That depends on how closely they align the movie version with the comic version. It could be there's already some odd stuff going on around him but a movie would give a character arc that swings things into high gear for him.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Saw this yesterday. Fan *SQUEE* tastic. My favorite Marvel movie to date over Iron Man and Avengers.

My only tiny issue was the falcon suit felt a little forced as it was supposed to be used to kidnap Sidwell in broad daylight, but then they kidnapped him without it.

Other than that, basically perfect. Incredible action. Great character moments. Cool Easter eggs ("Shall we play a game?" was my favorite).

Very cool 1st end of credits scene introducing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as well as a certain Baron.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:Very cool 1st end of credits scene introducing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as well as a certain Baron.
Oh *SQUEE*. I missed this? facepalm

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

My wife and I are going to see it Saturday :thumb:

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote:
BugsySig wrote:Very cool 1st end of credits scene introducing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as well as a certain Baron.
And that was just the FIRST one (after the graphic credits)...There was another END OF CREDITS scene too :D

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:
jmatt wrote:
And that was just the FIRST one (after the graphic credits)...There was another END OF CREDITS scene too :D
Wait, I saw the one as the credits started rolling. Is that who that was? I remember thinking I had no idea who that was supposed to be. Be right back, going to YouTube.

Wow, how could I have missed it. I think them being imprisoned is what threw me.

Savant
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Savant »

BugsySig wrote:
Very cool 1st end of credits scene introducing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as well as a certain Baron.

Before they were shown, I was assuming Baron Von Strucker was talking about Fenris (Andrea & Andreas Von Strucker).....Obviously, that wasn't the case when they were shown.

I wondered if it was intentional misdirection (A nod, if you will) toward hardcore comic fans.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Savant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

Before they were shown, I was assuming Baron Von Strucker was talking about Fenris (Andrea & Andreas Von Strucker).....Obviously, that wasn't the case when they were shown.

I wondered if it was intentional misdirection (A nod, if you will) toward hardcore comic fans.
My first thought as well. I think with the overlap with the X-franchise, they are perhaps using these twins to replace Fenris for introductory purposes.

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

BugsySig wrote:
Savant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

My first thought as well. I think with the overlap with the X-franchise, they are perhaps using these twins to replace Fenris for introductory purposes.
Hmm....my first thought was they were using Baron von Strucker as a replacement for Magneto - the evil father (figure), so they can start off as villains and then join the Avengers. Hadn't thought about Fenris, though - interesting!
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

chriskay99 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Savant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

Hmm....my first thought was they were using Baron von Strucker as a replacement for Magneto - the evil father (figure), so they can start off as villains and then join the Avengers. Hadn't thought about Fenris, though - interesting!
Either way, I think we are getting at the same idea: swapping out their "mutant" background for a Hydra background.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

BugsySig wrote:
chriskay99 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Savant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

Either way, I think we are getting at the same idea: swapping out their "mutant" background for a Hydra background.
Looked like they were insinuating that they had used the scepter to turn them into what they were somehow. 'Miracles' instead of 'Mutants'? Not like the cosmic cube never gave anybody super powers in the comics, right?
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)