Secret Weapons as Eventual 8th Title?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Xtianhardy
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Pete Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Secret Weapons as Eventual 8th Title?

Post by Xtianhardy »

grendeljd wrote:EW, RAI & Shadowman gotta be the next 3 titles to come down the pipe...

I think I'd enjoy seeing a Timewalker series in that possible 8th title slot - I never read any of the original, but I like Ivan as a character from what I'd read in other books. It'd make a great series to link present/future Valiant timelines, although EW may serve that purpose just as well...

I'd actually also enjoy seeing some kind of crazy HARD Corps reboot - I've been reading through what I have [1-14ish], and I couldn't help but think that they never really explored the concept of using technology to simulate superpowers very well. It was almost arbitrarily accepted as a simple fact. I could see something cool along the lines of a really cranked up Suicide Squad flavour, with harsh cybernetic implants that may have harmful side-effects...
As much as I'd like to see some new Valiant characters introduced that we haven't seen before, I'll second a lot of the comments made here. Especially yours grendeljd regarding a H.A.R.D. Corps reboot. After seeing their appearances in Harbinger post issue #10, I really thought that the idea could be redone for the modern era and would fit in with the new Valiant universe very well. In the old books, they kind of come across as GI Joe meets Valiant, but the concept of corporate sabotage perpetrated by a private army with simulated superpowers is way too cool to pass up. I would however like to see a new H.A.R.D. Corps/Omen Enterprises as less the "good" to Harbinger Foundation's "evil", and have the relationship between the two factions as more Microsoft Vs. Apple (ie: neither one is more or less objectively "evil" than the other).
"We are what we imagine ourselves to be" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Xtianhardy wrote:I would however like to see a new H.A.R.D. Corps/Omen Enterprises as less the "good" to Harbinger Foundation's "evil", and have the relationship between the two factions as more Microsoft Vs. Apple (ie: neither one is more or less objectively "evil" than the other).
So you want them both to be the bad guys?

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Xtianhardy wrote:
grendeljd wrote:EW, RAI & Shadowman gotta be the next 3 titles to come down the pipe...

I think I'd enjoy seeing a Timewalker series in that possible 8th title slot - I never read any of the original, but I like Ivan as a character from what I'd read in other books. It'd make a great series to link present/future Valiant timelines, although EW may serve that purpose just as well...

I'd actually also enjoy seeing some kind of crazy HARD Corps reboot - I've been reading through what I have [1-14ish], and I couldn't help but think that they never really explored the concept of using technology to simulate superpowers very well. It was almost arbitrarily accepted as a simple fact. I could see something cool along the lines of a really cranked up Suicide Squad flavour, with harsh cybernetic implants that may have harmful side-effects...
As much as I'd like to see some new Valiant characters introduced that we haven't seen before, I'll second a lot of the comments made here. Especially yours grendeljd regarding a H.A.R.D. Corps reboot. After seeing their appearances in Harbinger post issue #10, I really thought that the idea could be redone for the modern era and would fit in with the new Valiant universe very well. In the old books, they kind of come across as GI Joe meets Valiant, but the concept of corporate sabotage perpetrated by a private army with simulated superpowers is way too cool to pass up. I would however like to see a new H.A.R.D. Corps/Omen Enterprises as less the "good" to Harbinger Foundation's "evil", and have the relationship between the two factions as more Microsoft Vs. Apple (ie: neither one is more or less objectively "evil" than the other).
I agree, HARD Corps has a lot of potential and could tie in to several titles like Harbinger, Bloodshot and even XO. The older heroes, and the technology aspect are/were pretty different and interesting. I also agree about having more ambiguity instead of clear good and evil...that is just more realistic when it comes to corporations.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

BugsySig wrote:
Xtianhardy wrote:

I agree, HARD Corps has a lot of potential and could tie in to several titles like Harbinger, Bloodshot and even XO. The older heroes, and the technology aspect are/were pretty different and interesting. I also agree about having more ambiguity instead of clear good and evil...that is just more realistic when it comes to corporations.
Yeah - now that I think about it, it would definitely be cool to see some kind of H.A.R.D. Corps unit activated to track down Bloodshot whenever he ends up going rogue in the new book... perhaps there would be a connection between their development & Project Rising Spirit... ie a different branch of the same experimental lab/corporation.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ross2
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Ross2 »

While I agree SW was a lame concept/lame, I am not a big fan of Future Force either.

I guess V1 wasn't too great in the team book department. Fresh start is in order.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Ross2 wrote:While I agree SW was a lame concept/lame, I am not a big fan of Future Force either.

I guess V1 wasn't too great in the team book department. Fresh start is in order.
:lol: - I thought Future Force was a bad name, but still a good comic at least!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Looks like Secret Weapons is in the works, and it is actually gonna feature Master Darque. Pretty interesting update to the original character!

http://www.newcomicsday.com/ncd/2012/06 ... f-valiant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Dr. Solar wrote:Looks like Secret Weapons is in the works, and it is actually gonna feature Master Darque. Pretty interesting update to the original character!

http://www.newcomicsday.com/ncd/2012/06 ... f-valiant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That article reads like a joke. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume it's a gag.

What is that site? Is that like the National Enquirer for comics websites?
ASM Crossover Home

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

400yrs wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:Looks like Secret Weapons is in the works, and it is actually gonna feature Master Darque. Pretty interesting update to the original character!

That article reads like a joke. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume it's a gag.
Ya think ;)

I'm 400% certain it is 300% real. :D

VEI Reborn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by VEI Reborn »

VEI Reborn wrote:I would like to see Stronghold and Livewire again in some fashion.

Looks like I get my wish :thumb:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Dr. Solar wrote:
400yrs wrote:

Ya think ;)

I'm 400% certain it is 300% real. :D
100% of 50% of the people agree, according to polls.