What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
Re: What video game are you currently playing?

Post by ian_house »

superman-prime wrote:sleep what is that you say probably none of that till tomarrow
Sleep? What is that, you say? Probably [going to get] none of that [un]til tomorrow!

:wink:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

A wee bit annoyed. Some *SQUEE* cock knob jockey hacked my Lord of the Rings Online account and deleted my characters (probably after pilfering them of all their worth, which wasn't alot).

I just don't see the point, these weren't even maxed out toons, just mid levelled relatively poor characters. And is in-game gold really worth stealing, ooh a couple of pounds/bucks for all that effort.

:(

Hopefully the toons are recoverable, just seems like yet another pointless and cruel thing for people to do to one another.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

ian_house wrote:A wee bit annoyed. Some *SQUEE* cock knob jockey hacked my Lord of the Rings Online account and deleted my characters (probably after pilfering them of all their worth, which wasn't alot).

I just don't see the point, these weren't even maxed out toons, just mid levelled relatively poor characters. And is in-game gold really worth stealing, ooh a couple of pounds/bucks for all that effort.

:(

Hopefully the toons are recoverable, just seems like yet another pointless and cruel thing for people to do to one another.

Some neckbeards have nothing but time on their hands, my friend.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Played the first 1/2 hour of Gears of War 3... maybe I was not in the mood but I am not overly impressed. When I played the beta, the graphics appeared much better and now, the actual game play seems a bit dated.

I think that when Battlefield 3 is released on October 25, it will raise the bar in regards to quick, no stutter, and smooth graphics.

The new Gears story feels belabored and you can feel the stress of 15 years of war on these soldiers and their apathy does not go over well with me nor do I like their lack of motivation at this point. Wow, they are just beat down and have bad attitudes. I got to the point last night where my wife walked by and her lack of clothing totally took my attention that I just quit the game where I was at... I mean, 'as it should be' but normally, I would get to a point in the game where I can stop off and have some sense of accomplishment. It had me so disinterested that I didn't take the time to get to a decent checkpoint.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I guess everyone is playing the new Gears game to comment OR are sleeping from no sleep what say you air prollably none what is are on the tomorrow of playing this game

:wink:

I think the damn game whacked out my vision so badly and made me nauseous for the past couple of days to the point where I couldn't play it. I remember doing the beta test and it making me a bit sick, giving me eye strain, and a headache. Hurm, this could be a loooooong game. LOL

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Haha, sorry to hear it's giving you motion sickness! Was never really a fan of the GoW franchise, always felt a bit heavy and unresponsive to me. Plus it hasnt really changed since the 1st installmemt, the same problem Halo has.
Nanites at work!

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

I don't think GoW3 is a bad game, but I don't think I enjoy it as much as 2. Too many vehicle missions for my taste, for one. I also don't like the people/zombie thing they're got going on. Other than that, though, I think it's a pretty solid game and I do enjoy it. The beginning was a little slow, but when it picks up it gets pretty insane. There are several boss fights that seem pretty difficult even on normal. I like that it offers 4-player co op... now if I just knew 4 people to play with. :D The new way of keeping track of stats is also pretty cool and I like that they've added a ranking system. Although it is painfully obvious that merely playing the game is going to get you nowhere rank wise. I'm almost to Act V and I've only gotten to level 6. Haven't tried the horde or beast modes yet, and I'm not entirely sure I will ever mess with the PvP stuff.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Image in HD. :cloud9:

I dunno about the PS2 version of RE4, but it definitely has some minor differences to the GC version. One, Leon doesn't have his brown coat and there are some missing bounty boxes on occasion.
Still loving every minute of it though. :thumb:

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Still playing WoW. Hello by the way!

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Picked up a copy of Inazuma Eleven yesterday. Haven't had time to play it yet though as I have been asleep all day.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Drift wrote:Picked up a copy of Inazuma Eleven yesterday. Haven't had time to play it yet though as I have been asleep all day.
Whats that ?

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:Still playing WoW. Hello by the way!
You know, I bought a 3 month card a few months back with the intentions of returning to WoW, and I still haven't activated it. I think I got caught up in Black Ops multiplayer. I need to do that at some point...

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

JUST finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood... :thumb:

Fraking Awesome Game. Still need to go back and get all the extra stuff just got the main story done and out of the way.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

betterthanezra wrote:JUST finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood... :thumb:

Fraking Awesome Game. Still need to go back and get all the extra stuff just got the main story done and out of the way.

-Brian
Damn, I can't even get through AC2... it seems like it is a 'history lesson', when I just want to get down to the killin' and Brotherhood looks like that might be the ticket.

betterthanezra
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Knightt wrote:

-Brian
Damn, I can't even get through AC2... it seems like it is a 'history lesson', when I just want to get down to the killin' and Brotherhood looks like that might be the ticket.
IMO Brotherhood is Leaps and Bounds Better than ACII

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

betterthanezra wrote:
Knightt wrote:

-Brian
IMO Brotherhood is Leaps and Bounds Better than ACII

-Brian
GAAAHHH, not listening Brian, not LISTENING... LALALALA, have Gears of War 3, looking at Battlefield 3 in October, Modern Warfare 3 in November, somewhere in there is Batman Arkham City... lalalalala

:lol:

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

Don't forget Skyrim in November!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

R Daneel wrote:Don't forget Skyrim in November!
Already have. I didn't get too far in the first one... Too much talking.

R Daneel
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

Oblivion is one of the few games I got 100% achievements on ... usually there is one or two things that I just do not go the distance to track down. I want to play Skyrim but releasing right after new Battlefield and Modern Warfare releases ?? ouch bad timing.

Speaking of Battlefield ... Many of my friends have turned into BF fanboys and CoD haters - I'm half tempted to just skip BF and now waste my $$ on all three games right on top of each other. Many of the people here play lots of games ... I don't have as much time to grind through them maybe? Especially the CoD series I play tons online and it slows my progress. Prestige 6 or 7 on Black Ops but I have since kicked the habit.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

R Daneel wrote:Oblivion is one of the few games I got 100% achievements on ... usually there is one or two things that I just do not go the distance to track down. I want to play Skyrim but releasing right after new Battlefield and Modern Warfare releases ?? ouch bad timing.

Speaking of Battlefield ... Many of my friends have turned into BF fanboys and CoD haters - I'm half tempted to just skip BF and now waste my $$ on all three games right on top of each other. Many of the people here play lots of games ... I don't have as much time to grind through them maybe? Especially the CoD series I play tons online and it slows my progress. Prestige 6 or 7 on Black Ops but I have since kicked the habit.
I haven't really played Battlefield since the first one Xbox 360 had... I want to say it was 2, but I don't remember. It just had too much going on for my taste and the multiplayer was impossible. The only kills I could get were accidental team kills. Black Ops is a little easier in my opinion. I still suck, but at least I can advance. I don't understand prestiging... I do it, but it just seems so pointless to work so hard to unlock the guns and perks just to have to start over from scratch for nothing more than bragging rights. I think I'm on 3 or 4 right now and it will be the last time I do it.

Drift

Post by Drift »

Knightt wrote:
Drift wrote:Picked up a copy of Inazuma Eleven yesterday. Haven't had time to play it yet though as I have been asleep all day.
Whats that ?
Inazuma Eleven is a JRPG on the DS with a Pokemon style layout where you take on the role of a kid called Mark Evans who's dream is to lead his school's failing football team to the top of the National School Championships.

Don't be put off by mention of Pokemon though, there are no small, fluffy creatures to be captured and forced into bloodsports for the amusement of runaway children. Instead you take on rival teams in short games where you use the DS stylus to control the movement of your players and utilise ludicrous special moves to lead your team to glory.

The story starts off with your school footy team being given one last chance before being disbanded due to lack of interest in a friendly game against the reigning champions. The board think they are going to get their own way and get rid of the lot of you but when the new transfer student joins you and shows off his ability to set the ball on fire whilst he spins in the air before belting it into the goalie's face, the champs concede to give your guys a chance to develop your skills so they can poach your best players later on in the season.

So begins the start of your journey round town to scout out the best players in the local area from over 1000 players so you can essentially cheat your way to the top.

I sat down with it yesterday and have to say that it is enjoyable despite iffy pitch controls and the worst voice-acting I have ever come across (all the characters seem to have a posh Oxford manner of speaking with a Cockney twang that makes the game better with the sound off) and the stupidly themed teams with equally dodgy powers and abilities leave me wanting to find out what nonsense I am going to have to face next. Also 1000 players?!?!?!? How can I resist with my powers of OCD? I also hear there is a Professor Layton crossover later in the game.

If you like RPGs and fancy a bit of a laugh then this is worth it. If you like footy and want to play Pro Evo or FIFA, stick with Pro Evo or FIFA.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I fancy some blood glistening gibbets of meat on the end of my Lancer chainsaw rifle, my friend !!!

Played a bit of campaign AND multiplayer last night before being nuzzled off to perform husbandly deeds by the missus. Needless to say, it was a late night.

But yeah, Gears of War 3 is shaping up a bit better... whoa the amount of collectibles is very nice.

I hear that DC Universe Online is going to go FREE to play soon (still having cost based premiums though for those who want a bit more... GREAT IDEA DC/SONY !!!) and I might have a go at that, wish it was a Marvel Universe Online though. Still anything with The Batman is cool by me. SPEAKING of which, Batman Arkham Asylum has been whispering in my ear.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

As soon as I can get the game running, I'll be playing me some City of Heroes on PC! Biggest problem being that of timing. I just bought the physical game on DVD rom and due to bad timing just found out that they are switching up their servers and stuff to open the game up where you can play for free or pay monthly for the VIP access. So the game launcher that came with my version is no longer supported, and I'm getting errors getting it installed and fully updated. Working with Tech Support to get it going. Hopefully I'll be Super Hero MMOing soon. Being a lifelong comics fan, I can't wait to see that genre explored via MMO. Anybody else here play CoH? If not, maybe time to check it out for free! I'm sure the installing/updating would go better right from their site instead of how I'm trying to do it from an older version. If anybody gets into it, let me know, maybe we can form our own team!

Also looking forward to maybe trying out Bioware's Old Republic when it comes out now that it has an official release date of Dec 20, 2011. CoH I've wanted to try for awhile, but never had the computer able to play it until recently. Old Republic should be easily run-able as well.

As for X-box games, I've got Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Skyrim fully paid off on pre-order and just waiting till Nov to get them. Also have the Guidebook for Skyrim paid for in advance (Strict gaming policy-if the game is from Bethesda or Bioware, I'll pretty much buy it sight unseen. And I will ALWAYS get the book for it because you are gonna need it!) Also have Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition on pre-order but haven't put alot down on that yet. Ohhh, Batman. I'd love to get Arkham City when it comes out, but first I need to go back and beat Arkham Asylum!

The kids are into all the shooter games. They just got Black Ops but didn't like it, so we traded it in for CoD: World at War along with a couple other cheap games. I know they are gonna want the Halo 1 Anniversary Edition this year and Halo 4 when it comes out next year. Not sure what else yet. Maybe the Aliens: Colonial Marines game if it actually releases.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

Last edited by robb77 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:26:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

Wordfued on my phone :P

Will be playing Zelda in Nov when it comes out :)