Shout-out to the Dead Universes

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

sbcomics
My posts can all fit in a short box
Shout-out to the Dead Universes

Post by sbcomics »

I put a shout-out to the Dead Universes section of the Valiantfans.com message board on my blog, since I have found it such a cool repository of information.

http://blog.newsok.com/nerdage/2010/11/ ... -universe/

Also asking people to vote for their favorite "Dead Universe" there.

Keep up the great work!

- Matt

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question
Re: Shout-out to the Dead Universes

Post by Draco »

sbcomics wrote:I put a shout-out to the Dead Universes section of the Valiantfans.com message board on my blog, since I have found it such a cool repository of information.

http://blog.newsok.com/nerdage/2010/11/ ... -universe/

Also asking people to vote for their favorite "Dead Universe" there.

Keep up the great work!

- Matt

Cheers Matt, thats pretty darn cool of you right there

:thumb:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

So many choices!

sbcomics

Post by sbcomics »

Of the handful of votes cast so far, Ultraverse is leading!

HaloReach2010

Post by HaloReach2010 »

Threw in my :twocents:

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Wow, very cool indeed. Thanks for the shout-out !!!

I am quite hooked on these.

Funny story as to how this section came to be:

YEARS ago (10 Oct 2005 to be exact), I had 'left' the board with my panties in a wad and had asked Greg to completely erase all of my posts. To my surpsrise, he DID IT !! :o And I thought 'whatever' but later I felt that tug and allure of Valiant comics again but also had received a number of emails asking why I left, why did you request all of your posts to be erased and others with a bit of anger as there were many threads/posts in which information had been recorded and was now gone.

I would like to say I came back because I wanted to help get that information back into public viewing but I admit it was 'ME', missing the boards. So, I emailed Greg with a 'I would like to come back but I only plan on hanging out in the Dead Universe section. Oh by the way will you make a Dead Universe section for me to hang out IN ? LOL Greg was more than gracious to do this so I then set about re-creating the various lists and tried to get it back up and running. To my pleasant surprise, the section began growing on it's own as more and more members decided to become 'Deadites' and talk about their love of and sometimes addiction to these books that I had named (only for lack of a 'better name'), Dead Universes. The name is not wholly correct but it seemed like it was pretty cool.

Now with a nice following and what must be 'thousands' of Dead Universe books traded and GIVEN away we sit here with a great place to hang out, chat about DUs, are removed from 'flame wars' and have a common area in which we can conduct a bit of research, and add to the various issue lists with 'new finds'. I like having one place to go in which I can look over some of the most comprehensive lists on the internet.

This section would not be what it is today without the help of people like Greg, Brother J, depluto, Draco, Chiclo, Prelate1, covettejim1968, Starbrand and SO many others that I have not listed. And by not listing anyone's name is NOT my intention to infer that they have not been a fantastic contributor (it is only me not coming up with the their name off the top of my head).

I love this place, you guys and these Dead Universes !!!

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:Wow, very cool indeed. Thanks for the shout-out !!!

I am quite hooked on these.

Funny story as to how this section came to be:

YEARS ago (10 Oct 2005 to be exact), I had 'left' the board with my panties in a wad and had asked Greg to completely erase all of my posts. To my surpsrise, he DID IT !! :o And I thought 'whatever' but later I felt that tug and allure of Valiant comics again but also had received a number of emails asking why I left, why did you request all of your posts to be erased and others with a bit of anger as there were many threads/posts in which information had been recorded and was now gone.

I would like to say I came back because I wanted to help get that information back into public viewing but I admit it was 'ME', missing the boards. So, I emailed Greg with a 'I would like to come back but I only plan on hanging out in the Dead Universe section. Oh by the way will you make a Dead Universe section for me to hang out IN ? LOL Greg was more than gracious to do this so I then set about re-creating the various lists and tried to get it back up and running. To my pleasant surprise, the section began growing on it's own as more and more members decided to become 'Deadites' and talk about their love of and sometimes addiction to these books that I had named (only for lack of a 'better name'), Dead Universes. The name is not wholly correct but it seemed like it was pretty cool.

Now with a nice following and what must be 'thousands' of Dead Universe books traded and GIVEN away we sit here with a great place to hang out, chat about DUs, are removed from 'flame wars' and have a common area in which we can conduct a bit of research, and add to the various issue lists with 'new finds'. I like having one place to go in which I can look over some of the most comprehensive lists on the internet.

This section would not be what it is today without the help of people like Greg, Brother J, depluto, Draco, Chiclo, Prelate1, covettejim1968, Starbrand and SO many others that I have not listed. And by not listing anyone's name is NOT my intention to infer that they have not been a fantastic contributor (it is only me not coming up with the their name off the top of my head).

I love this place, you guys and these Dead Universes !!!

I liked it so much i named my company after it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

You did ? I knew coming up with the name Dead Universe© would come in handy one day. You got style, man.

:wink: