Black Bull Comics

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Black Bull Comics

Post by Knightt »

Is Black Bull Comics a Dead Universe ?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I think it is.

Black Bull featured some Amanda Conner goodness as I recall.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I'm thinking this is it:

Beautiful Killer #1-3 (preview, 1 Wizard World blue foil variant, TPB)
Gatecrasher #1-6 (each issue has two different covers. #1 has two and two Wizard World variants)
Gatecrasher: Ring of Fire #1-4 (each issue has two different covers. #1 only has one)
Just A Pilgrim #1-5 (two previews, #1 has four different covers)
Just A Pilgrim: Garden of Eden #1-4 (preview, #1 has two different covers)
New West #1-2
Shadow Reavers #1-5 (preview, #1 blue foil variant, each issue has a 'master edition' variant)

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

How quickly do you reckon you can get that finished then?

:poke:

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Re: Black Bull Comics

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:Is Black Bull Comics a Dead Universe ?

according to wikipedia:
In 2000 Wizard Entertainment forayed into the world of actual comic book publishing, creating the imprint Black Bull Entertainment, and the first comic title released was the miniseries Gatecrasher.[8] Despite attracting such talent as Garth Ennis, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Mark Waid, Nelson DeCastro, and relatively positive sales for their respective titles[citation needed]: Gate Crasher (ongoing series), Just a Pilgrim, Beautiful Killer and Shadow Reavers, Wizard Entertainment has not pursued further publications through Black Bull, and the line is considered dead.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

ian_house wrote:How quickly do you reckon you can get that finished then?

:poke:
Already books are in motion... give me three weeks. :wink:

J-Scott-R
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by J-Scott-R »

Are any of these books any good? :hm: I never could bring myself to buy any of them just because of the association with Wizard.

Scott

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

J-Scott-R wrote:Are any of these books any good? :hm: I never could bring myself to buy any of them just because of the association with Wizard.

Scott
I have a torrent going just to check them out (I just bought quite a few issues and am waiting for them to arrive in the mail) but I have a few here at the house and so far, Shadow Reavers is looking VERY interesting but Gate Crasher has been misleading because the 'covers' look good but the interior art leaves a bit to be desired... BUT, I have not READ any of the books yet as I want to wait til I get them all. I made the same mistake with Triumphant Comics by strictly judging the books by their art (which is the worst I have seen) but as I read the books, I am steadily entertained.

From the torrent, I will find out more (I only torrent, what I buy... meaning, I torrent to check it out and then make sure to buy what I like, this goes for DUs as well as Marvel and DC) and can give a better report unless there is someone else out there who has read these. Me, I am a terrible example though... the running joke is 'how do you get Knightt to pick up a new Dead Universe'.... Answer: 'Send him a few issues of any DU he doesn't already have'. hahahaha and to my shame, it is true. EXample, I ordered from Joe Kochcom off Ebay and he sent along a copy of Next Man from Comico. I looked at it, said HOLY $HIT I GOTTA GET THESE and then I found out about other Comico books, then it lead to Innovation, and then First and then and then and then....

OK, we will see how these books are soon. But I can say, I can't wait to read all of Shadow Reavers and hope that Gate Crasher is as good as it's variant covers.

aggr1103
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by aggr1103 »

Wasn't Just a Pilgrim a good read? Or am I thinking of Scott Pilgrim?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

aggr1103 wrote:Wasn't Just a Pilgrim a good read? Or am I thinking of Scott Pilgrim?
No, no... Just a Pilgrim, I've heard good stuff about that and am in high anticipation to read it. I am REALLY psyched to read Shadow Reavers.

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

Just A Pilgrim ... great read!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Got a slew of books in from doorman today, which included a good number of Black Bull Comics. PEOPLE, doorman is da BOMB !!! Great looking books, packed very well and now I am on a very good start to my newest DU (plus a few others I picked up from him as well... Dagger Comics anyone ? eh ?) :thumb:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Please post a review of Shadow Reavers in the "What comics are you reading now" thread when you finish. This may be a DU I add to my list if it's worth reading. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

geocarr wrote:Please post a review of Shadow Reavers in the "What comics are you reading now" thread when you finish. This may be a DU I add to my list if it's worth reading. :thumb:
Well brother, that may be a while as I usually wait until I am 100% (most times NOT including variants etc) on a DU before I read it. Oddly enough, here I am 100% on Tekno, Continuity, Broadway and Crossgen (maybe one or two more) and I have yet to sit down and read them.

But I think I can make an exception and read the Shadow Reavers for ya... it looks GREAT.

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

thanks for the kudos!

Shadow Reavers had some great looking cover art ... wasn't sure if they ever wrapped up the series though. For some reason, I was under the impression that #5 was to be continued... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:Dagger Comics anyone ? eh ?
Already on the list. :thumb:

Black Bull, you say... :hm:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:

Yeah, Dagger could be A LOT better in regards to art but the story is entertaining enough.

And Black Bull is definately on the list, I received my recent purchase of I dunno 'x' amount of Black Bull comics and went through them... good enough for the DU collection.

I also just picked up The Dark Vol 2 #1 (damn just noticed it is a second printing but cool in that regard, it has a blue foil cover) (signed which was nice on that blue foil cover) and #4 from Continüm (yes, the u has an umlaut over it, ü) and I LOVE that book. So this just got added to my DU 'needs list'... just something about it and it not very long in it's printed books:

Continüm Comics
Continüm Presents: 1, 2, 3
The Dark vol. 1: 1, 2, 3, 4 — adaptation of a character first featured in the 1980s role-playing game Villains and Vigilantes.[1]
The Dark vol. 2: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The Dark Convention Book
Foodang: Clown with a Gun
The Mighty Mites — parody title of Marvel Comics superheroes; acquired from Eternity Comics

Black Bull appears to have a few damn variants but eh, that might make it fun.

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tmcneil82 »

Knightt wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

Yeah, Dagger could be A LOT better in regards to art but the story is entertaining enough.

And Black Bull is definately on the list, I received my recent purchase of I dunno 'x' amount of Black Bull comics and went through them... good enough for the DU collection.

I also just picked up The Dark Vol 2 #1 (damn just noticed it is a second printing but cool in that regard, it has a blue foil cover) (signed which was nice on that blue foil cover) and #4 from Continüm (yes, the u has an umlaut over it, ü) and I LOVE that book. So this just got added to my DU 'needs list'... just something about it and it not very long in it's printed books:

Continüm Comics
The Dark vol. 1: 1, 2, 3, 4 — adaptation of a character first featured in the 1980s role-playing game Villains and Vigilantes.[1]
The Dark Convention Book
The Mighty Mites — parody title of Marvel Comics superheroes; acquired from Eternity Comics

I can't wait until you open a DU museum so we can all come see all the comics that no one bought off the shelves.

(No offense intended Knightt, someone has to buy the stuff)
(PS. PS. At least you don't have a shortbox full of X-Men 1 and X-Force 1)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

tmcneil82 wrote:I can't wait until you open a DU museum so we can all come see all the comics that no one bought off the shelves.
Come on now, nobody would come to something like that... it would be like going to a junk museum. You've got guys on this board that have single CGC issues that are worth all of my junk comics combine... and include my truck in that as well.

I just have junk, man. :wink:

But yeah, no offense taken. :thumb:

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

I focus a lot of my sales on this "junk" and you'd be surprised how many people are looking for these books!

In fact, in the past month, I sold a set of Warriors of Plasm (#1-13 + prestige special) for $20 plus shipping. Not big bucks ... but probably more than you'd think!

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tmcneil82 »

Doorman wrote:I focus a lot of my sales on this "junk" and you'd be surprised how many people are looking for these books!

In fact, in the past month, I sold a set of Warriors of Plasm (#1-13 + prestige special) for $20 plus shipping. Not big bucks ... but probably more than you'd think!
Those last couple issues aren't easy to come by

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:Yeah, Dagger could be A LOT better in regards to art but the story is entertaining enough.

Continüm Comics
The Dark Convention Book

Sum quod eris.

Continüm is already on my list. Keep an eye out for Continüm Presents 1 - that's the expensive one out of this group. I think it was the first appearance of some popular indy character - Cry for Dawn, maybe? I just remember it's a big dog.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:
Knightt wrote:Yeah, Dagger could be A LOT better in regards to art but the story is entertaining enough.

Continüm Comics
The Dark Convention Book

Sum quod eris.

Continüm is already on my list. Keep an eye out for Continüm Presents 1 - that's the expensive one out of this group. I think it was the first appearance of some popular indy character - Cry for Dawn, maybe? I just remember it's a big dog.
Habent sua fata libelli....

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

Continüm Comics
The Dark Convention Book

Sum quod eris.

Habent sua fata libelli....
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

(it is an odd fit but I think the quote works in this section)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

eh, it's all latin to me. :wink: