Yet another Alien rumor

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: Yet another Alien rumor

Post by ManofTheAtom »

corey wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:25:22 pm
Ryan wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:13:08 pm
corey wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:55:58 pm I have read these threads , and for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone cares this much about rumors/info.

I mean honestly who cares? Why do you care so much to make it a big argument?

Why not just hope for the best(which i have been doing since dmg took over. )

Life will go on no matter who is right or wrong,
Actually nobody is debating about the rumors at all. We're just debating who's actually in charge at Valiant and who (if anybody) should be responsible for ripping off the fans, by paying for products that are promised but never delivered.

Obviously the people discussing and debating it care, if you don't you're free not to read.
I actually do care, but where is our caring going to get us?
Absolutely nowhere.dmg/valiant do not care about the consumer(only in the sense that they get money from us).

I'm just honestly flabbergasted that people have spent alot of time trying to figure out who to blame?
Who cares? It's not going to magically make anything better.

But I am off the same mind of zyzhang.

Just glad I didn't waste money of the KS. I almost went pretty big though lol
Listen to the board,
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

corey wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:55:58 pm I have read these threads , and for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone cares this much about rumors/info.

Actually nobody is debating about the rumors at all. We're just debating who's actually in charge at Valiant and who (if anybody) should be responsible for ripping off the fans, by paying for products that are promised but never delivered.

Obviously the people discussing and debating it care, if you don't you're free not to read.
Absolutely nowhere.dmg/valiant do not care about the consumer(only in the sense that they get money from us).

I'm just honestly flabbergasted that people have spent alot of time trying to figure out who to blame?

I feel ya man.
dmg/valiant do not care about the consumer(only in the sense that they get money from us).
This is exactly the perception issue I was talking about. It doesn't matter who is actually to blame, the perception of Valiant takes a big hit with these kind of scams.

Its up the current people at Valiant to do damage control on this whether it's their fault or not. Or do nothing, and just launch their new publications. But I can't imagine many people who got burned by these will be quick to support the next releases.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:15:14 pm

I feel ya man.
dmg/valiant do not care about the consumer(only in the sense that they get money from us).
This is exactly the perception issue I was talking about. It doesn't matter who is actually to blame, the perception of Valiant takes a big hit with these kind of scams.

Its up the current people at Valiant to do damage control on this whether it's their fault or not. Or do nothing, and just launch their new publications. But I can't imagine many people who got burned by these will be quick to support the next releases.
Indeed.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

buff-beardo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by buff-beardo »

facepalm Dinesh and Jim.
Muse Rocks! Check out “The Handler”.

buff-beardo

Post by buff-beardo »

Such a shame.

buff-beardo

Post by buff-beardo »

Ape me! Kurdt once sang. Ape Me is the epitome of VALIANT. VALIANT characters rung through the mill. No respect

buff-beardo

Post by buff-beardo »

VALIANT is a dream. A fond memory. I’m fine with those characters going into hibernation again for a while.
The third iteration was my final endeavor into these characters. There’s so much amazing stuff out there! I don’t desire them again for a 4th time personally.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

buff-beardo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:42:40 am VALIANT is a dream. A fond memory. I’m fine with those characters going into hibernation again for a while.
The third iteration was my final endeavor into these characters. There’s so much amazing stuff out there! I don’t desire them again for a 4th time personally.
That sucks.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:57:13 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:55:32 pm
syzhang28 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:54:23 pm Travis Escarfullery who was Valiant Director of Design and Production said "I'm not building an AR cover or explaining how it's done." once he was fired and they didn't pay him what they owed him which means he was involved with at least making that one piece of it.

Even with the little they have said we have so much evidence that Valiant was involved with the kickstarter. It was not something DMG were doing but something DMG were ordering Valiant to do.
something DMG were ordering Valiant to do.
And there it is.

The project did not originate from VEI. It originated from DMG. VEI is just dealing with DMG mismanaging the fulfillment.
Yeah man, that's how bosses work. If Hitler orders nazis to kill people the nazis are the bad guys too. famously so actually. even though they tried to say what you are "we're just following orders"

and now we've reached the nazi part of an internet debate.
No 'we', you are the one who proved Godwin's law in this tread.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I keep wondering who the Machiavellian mastermind at VALIANT was that concocted this dastardly plot to fleece and defraud the VALIANT fanbase.

VALIANT is not a living being, it is an entity. It was a person, an individual, who made the decision to not fulfill the Kickstarter.

I don't believe for a second that Pierce or Black stood by two different incarnations of VALIANT bidding their time to fool the fanbase into donating a ton of cash only to not deliver on what they were promising. And I doubt Ward was into that either.

Like VALIANT, DMG is not a living person, it is an entity. Likewise, it was a person, an individual, who made the decision not to fulfill the Kickstarter, and we all know who that was.

This is why I keep saying that it's not VALIANT's fault and that it is all on DMG's shoulders.

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:52:50 am I keep wondering who the Machiavellian mastermind at VALIANT was that concocted this dastardly plot to fleece and defraud the VALIANT fanbase.

VALIANT is not a living being, it is an entity. It was a person, an individual, who made the decision to not fulfill the Kickstarter.

I don't believe for a second that Pierce or Black stood by two different incarnations of VALIANT bidding their time to fool the fanbase into donating a ton of cash only to not deliver on what they were promising. And I doubt Ward was into that either.

Like VALIANT, DMG is not a living person, it is an entity. Likewise, it was a person, an individual, who made the decision not to fulfill the Kickstarter, and we all know who that was.

This is why I keep saying that it's not VALIANT's fault and that it is all on DMG's shoulders.
Fred Pierce? No, it's not Pierce's fault. It's Freds. Is what you're saying...

Valiant is now DMG. Valiant employees are DMG employees.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:03:37 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:52:50 am I keep wondering who the Machiavellian mastermind at VALIANT was that concocted this dastardly plot to fleece and defraud the VALIANT fanbase.

That doesn't make them culpable.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:44:04 pm

So no one did it? DMG/Valiant are not culpable? It was divine intervention that took all that money and didn't deliver on the kickstarter

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:49:15 pm

So no one did it? DMG/Valiant are not culpable? It was divine intervention that took all that money and didn't deliver on the kickstarter
VALIANT is not the same as DMG.

VALIANT and DMG are corporate entities. They are not people.

The person responsible for doing this is not from VALIANT. They're from DMG.

If you want to keep insisting it was someone from VALIANT, you need to offer evidence and point a finger at who you believe did it. It could have only been Pierce, Black, or maybe Ward.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Corporate entities don't make decisions. Flesh and blood human beings make decisions.

Unless you can conclusively prove that the person who made this decision was either any of the three named above or any other person that works for VALIANT, you cannot find them responsible for what happened.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:52:07 pm

If you want to keep insisting it was someone from VALIANT, you need to offer evidence and point a finger at who you believe did it. It could have only been Pierce, Black, or maybe Ward.
Dan Mintz. The guy on the top of the Valiant masthead. The guy who owns Valiant. I'm starting to think you don't know how business works. You're employed right? Do you have a boss?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:01:13 am

Dan Mintz. The guy on the top of the Valiant masthead. The guy who owns Valiant. I'm starting to think you don't know how business works. You're employed right? Do you have a boss?
Finally. So no one at VALIANT was responsible. It was DMG's doing.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:03:16 am

DMG is Valiant. You avoided my previous question. Do you have a boss?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:57:01 pm

I'm my own boss.

DMG is not VALIANT. DMG is the corporate entity that purchased VALIANT and will sell it if it does not perform to its satisfaction.

DMG used the assets they purchased to run a Kickstarter and then kept the money without delivering what they promised. That is not the fault of anyone working at VALIANT.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:22:27 pm

I'm my own boss.

DMG is not VALIANT. DMG is the corporate entity that purchased VALIANT and will sell it if it does not perform to its satisfaction.

DMG used the assets they purchased to run a Kickstarter and then kept the money without delivering what they promised. That is not the fault of anyone working at VALIANT.
Self employed in what capacity? I think I've discovered why you don't understand what DMG/Valiant is

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:47:31 pm

I'm my own boss.

Self employed in what capacity? I think I've discovered why you don't understand what DMG/Valiant is
While you are focused on two corporate entities being the same, I'm trying to get you to focus on PEOPLE.

A corporate entity did not steal your money, a flesh and blood human being did. That man was not anyone that works at VALIANT.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:38:43 am

I'm my own boss.

While you are focused on two corporate entities being the same, I'm trying to get you to focus on PEOPLE.

A corporate entity did not steal your money, a flesh and blood human being did. That man was not anyone that works at VALIANT.
I don’t know about where you are from but this is America and in America, corporations are people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:04:24 pm

I'm my own boss.

I don’t know about where you are from but this is America and in America, corporations are people.

:lol:

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

I'm my own boss.

Truth.

To think that corporations and people are not connected is to fall for the vilest lie of the corporate world.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

syzhang28 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:04:55 pm

I'm my own boss.

Truth.

To think that corporations and people are not connected is to fall for the vilest lie of the corporate world.
Catsup is a vegetable?