Bloodshot Release Date Announced

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU
Re: Bloodshot Release Date Announced

Post by Ricomortis »

Juki wrote:Chiclo,

I reluctantly agree that this film "fading away" is a possibility no matter who the starring actor would have been. However, l am cautiously optimistic with the main actor because of the huge success that Vin Diesel has had with the Fast and the Furious franchise. That has to be one of the most profitable movie franchises ever. Hopefully Bloodshot leads into his next set of successful movies with Valiant.

He just seems to be a good possible character fit for this "R" rated Terminator-like killing machine for the Bloodshot movie. :hope:

I Totally AGREE! Its not like we are going for an OSCAR or anything. :lol:

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Summydad1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain

Post by Summydad1 »

I think all of this is good news. In the long run the most most important word is profitability. I know this is an obvious statement. If this movies makes money, then there will be more movies. Vin Deisel is an excellent choice for this role. Like a few people have said, if not him then who? We as the "real" fans have a duty to be positive about this. We have over a year to spread the good word about this movie. Talking to people at conventions, mentioning things to our local comic shops, and letting your friends know how cool Bloodshot is are small things we can do. Word-of-mouth advertising can be effective. Once the movie comes out (which really looks like a reality) we can pick it apart to discuss what we did or didn't like. Until then let's get excited! Why not? Positive energy is contagious. Just my opinion.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

Summydad1 wrote:I think all of this is good news. In the long run the most most important word is profitability. I know this is an obvious statement. If this movies makes money, then there will be more movies. Vin Deisel is an excellent choice for this role. Like a few people have said, if not him then who? We as the "real" fans have a duty to be positive about this. We have over a year to spread the good word about this movie. Talking to people at conventions, mentioning things to our local comic shops, and letting your friends know how cool Bloodshot is are small things we can do. Word-of-mouth advertising can be effective. Once the movie comes out (which really looks like a reality) we can pick it apart to discuss what we did or didn't like. Until then let's get excited! Why not? Positive energy is contagious. Just my opinion.
There are certain storylines they might not be able to do with Vin. What was the last move that asked of him to show deep emotions?

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

"There are certain storylines they might not be able to do with Vin. What was the last move that asked of him to show deep emotions?"

Sven,

While it would be great to have an actor with great emotional depth playing the part.... I feel like it is much more important for this movie to have an actor that can pull off the "super-soldier" indestructible feel for an adult "R" kick-butt action film. I am looking for a lot of bullet flying action in this film. Later in the film Diesel should have to start dealing with the inner turmoil of his memories (trying to figure out what are real memories and what are implanted memories). Hopefully he can pull off the emotions with that. But, if they are going for an 80's Teminator movie....Arnold S. never made me cry...but I thought it was great entertainment for an action/thriller. That is the kind of movie I was hoping to get.

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

Lemme defend Vin. He can act. He's a real actor in FIND ME GUILTY. And I think he can pull on heart strings--at least with his voice acting work. But that's not what he's been known for. I'd take his acting over Arnold and the rest of the other action stars in their prime. But I don't expect the script or the director to demand any heavy lifting in this film.

My biggest fear is this will be DREDD, a really great action movie that doesn't find its audience in theaters; and while deserving of more films, is tainted by its box office draw. But I've loved that they said they are going for a ROBOCOP kind of film. That's one of the most perfect films ever made. I just hope they don't forget how important that musical score was...

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

WrathOfArmstrong wrote:Lemme defend Vin. He can act.
I enjoyed his role in Saving Private Ryan.