Ninjak #22 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Ninjak #22 Discussion

Post by DirtbagSailor »

"A visually stunning *SQUEE*-kicking ninja bloodbath written in silence"

My published review of Ninjak #22

http://all-comic.com/2016/ninjak-22/

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Ninjak #22 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Faith #6, and A&A #10], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr94/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Fantastic ending... got chills.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Wow, what an amazing, fun action romp of a read. Absolutely spectacular artwork from CAFU this issue, I hope VEI continues to get this guy as much Valiant work as he can handle!

*Loved* that we got a silent issue! (Well, 95% silent at least!) This was a near perfect nod to the tradition as started by the now classic Marvel GI Joe #21 - complete with ninjas, too! Only off by one issue number to be a true nod, but I believe there is a variant cover for this that is an homage to the GI Joe cover. Soo cool. :thumb: :thumb: :clap:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Keith wrote:Fantastic ending... got chills.
Heck yes!

I guess maybe Roku wasn't actually successful in killing Master Darque as she seemed to intend at the end of Ninjak#16 when she cut down the tree he has become trapped in... Seems she only managed to help free him by the look of this last page. And perhaps she is now fully under his control too, as her behaviour seems to contradict what we saw in #16... :hm:

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

grendeljd wrote:
Heck yes!

I guess maybe Roku wasn't actually successful in killing Master Darque as she seemed to intend at the end of Ninjak#16 when she cut down the tree he has become trapped in... Seems she only managed to help free him by the look of this last page. And perhaps she is now fully under his control too, as her behaviour seems to contradict what we saw in #16... :hm:
Or... she is bringing him back to enact her revenge. Hacking a tree can be so unsatisfying, dontchaknow.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Brapbrap
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Sunlight On Snow
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Raul Allen

Post by Brapbrap »

gotta love a silent issue

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

That was freaking great. I got claustrophobic just imagining going down that rabbit hole and having to slink through a tunnel only 24" high. And I like that at the end, they chose to have Darque pulling himself up through the portal rather than just rising mystically from it. Good choice.

Great art and color! Wow! Great action sequences!

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Two thoughts:

"This... is... SPARTA!" :sumo:

and

I really want the "curve" on the chest of Darque to mean that it's Sandria. :lol:

KladerusofWar
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Favorite character: X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Harbinger
Favorite writer: Matt kindt, Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Raul Allen, Mico Suayan

Post by KladerusofWar »

Keith wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Heck yes!

Or... she is bringing him back to enact her revenge. Hacking a tree can be so unsatisfying, dontchaknow.
But guys, it looks like Darque at first...but then you see his...OR her chest and see some, well...lets say "bewbs" and i like to think that maybe Roku brought Master Darque´s Sister to this realm

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

KladerusofWar wrote:
Keith wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Heck yes!

But guys, it looks like Darque at first...but then you see his...OR her chest and see some, well...lets say "bewbs" and i like to think that maybe Roku brought Master Darque´s Sister to this realm
Mmmm... not sure, that could just be a pec, but good catch.

Dallow Spicer1
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

After a couple of lacklustre arcs this was a welcome standalone issue which sets up the next arc. Enjoyed the art which I think shows how well the artist interpreted Kindt's story.

Looks like Darque's much needed revamp will be on display in the next arc, I'm looking forward to a vastly improved character and character visual design as (for me) this is one of the few characters VEI didn't do a great job on the re-design (along with Shadowman).

Good solid issue -3.75/6

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

That was brutal and amazing, I can't wait for the next arc to drop now.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

You guys are blowing my mind with this Sandria Darque Crazy Theory - I never even considered that! :thumb: :clap:

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Could be Sandria, will be interesting to see. Great issue!
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.

Post by ShadowTuga »

Loved this. That initial sequence in the tunnel reminded me of the Valiant deaths we saw before- really "hardcore" stuff. I can't wait to see Darque ruling this and possibly Jack coming for a hand, again. :hope:
Props to Matt Kindt for not turning this into the Batman-copy we all expected. Colin is really cool and if there's a Breakout character for this incarnation of VEI, I would put him there for discussion, along with Faith.
Love me some Shinobi stuff and occultism/paranormal stuff- this series has given me both.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo