Switch to full style
Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.
Be courteous towards others who may not want too much information before they can read it for themselves.
The Published Issue Discussions sub-forum exists for books to be discussed in detail after publication.
Post a reply

What’s new with VEI?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:56:06 pm

Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:12:22 pm

I think Shadowman moved to Malibu comics? :? :kidaround:

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06:43 pm

drmirage wrote:Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:01:14 pm

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.



What else political has been going on besides that POS Twitter thing? This is a serious question...I am not very up-to-date... although reading this board is helping a lot

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:26:56 pm

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

The key word there being "seems" and that certainly doesn't mean to everyone

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:49:19 pm

kjjohanson wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

The key word there being "seems" and that certainly doesn't mean to everyone


Shame there’s not another 10,000 like minded people to you KJ buying the books as then you’d be well placed to say all’s well! :kidaround:
When’s this mythical new audience going to make an appearance who enjoy the books that Valiant are currently putting out? :?

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:16:34 pm

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

The key word there being "seems" and that certainly doesn't mean to everyone


Shame there’s not another 10,000 like minded people to you KJ buying the books as then you’d be well placed to say all’s well! :kidaround:
When’s this mythical new audience going to make an appearance who enjoy the books that Valiant are currently putting out? :?

You're conflating a non-existing argument about the health of the company with an argument about what the driving force of the company is.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54:49 am

Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:39:23 am

mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.

Savage is apparently coming back soon which I think is a positive step. I assume B Clay Moore will continue on the writing, obviously we won’t have Larosa on art so it’ll be interesting to see who they line up. Larosa’s art was a big part of Savage so without that we’ll see if it can still be as enjoyable.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:57:06 am

mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


I'm not sure what you mean by a "level" female character. A female hero on the same level as the "heavy hitters" like XO and Bloodshot and EW? I don't think one exists yet although Valiant has been making an effort to establish one. I think we need a Kazuyo title myself in 4003

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18:16 pm

I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09:43 pm

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.

Savage is apparently coming back soon which I think is a positive step. I assume B Clay Moore will continue on the writing, obviously we won’t have Larosa on art so it’ll be interesting to see who they line up. Larosa’s art was a big part of Savage so without that we’ll see if it can still be as enjoyable.

Rags art would be awesome and he has experience with that type of thing turok. :clap:
Oxmyx wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


I'm not sure what you mean by a "level" female character. A female hero on the same level as the "heavy hitters" like XO and Bloodshot and EW? I don't think one exists yet although Valiant has been making an effort to establish one. I think we need a Kazuyo title myself in 4003

Yes,that is what i meant by an A level.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:32:57 pm

mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


Agreed!!! I want a Divinity ongoing (or 6 issue mini/I’ll take what I can get) now!!

I’d also like to see...

Savage mini-series or ongoing!!

Sandria Darque one shot, or mini-series!!

Ninjak ongoing!!

Unity Vol 2 ongoing!! New members!!

Red Brigade one-shot or mini-series!!

Shadowman ongoing!! Yes!! Again!!

Harbinger ongoing!! Not just Pete’s team, include Strongholds team as well!!

Animilia one-shot or mini-series!!

Eternal Warrior ongoing!!

Secret Weapons ongoing!!

Looking forward to Valiant’s 2020 rollout, hoping I won’t be disappointed... :?
Last edited by agent_graves on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49:51 am

agent_graves wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


Agreed!!! I want a Divinity ongoing (or 6 issue mini/I’ll take what I can get) now!!

I’d also like to see...

Savage mini-series or ongoing!!

Sandria Darque one shot, or mini-series!!

Ninjak ongoing!!

Unity Vol 2 ongoing!! New members!!

Red Brigade one-shot or mini-series!!

Shadowman ongoing!! Yes!! Again!!

Harbinger ongoing!! Not just Pete’s team, include Stongholds team as well!!

Animilia one-shot or mini-series!!

Eternal Warrior ongoing!!

Secret Weapons ongoing!!

Looking forward to Valiant’s 2020 rollout, hoping I won’t be disappointed... :?

:high-five: Savage and Divinity will have to wait till next year,unless they make an appearance in one of the other titles if the only new #1 left this year will be the new rai though,right?.It would be cool if they had an eternal warrior ongoing,present day/future both in one comic for however long the series is.And maybe two sdes of the cover with half present/future verse.That idea just came to me out of nowhere and i want to see atleast two future titles in one month.Unity 2020 would be a cool title for the next unity.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27:41 pm

I want to see a Kazuyo title and a Far Faraway title, if we're talking fantasy football

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49:54 pm

mramsterdam wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


Agreed!!! I want a Divinity ongoing (or 6 issue mini/I’ll take what I can get) now!!

I’d also like to see...

Savage mini-series or ongoing!!

Sandria Darque one shot, or mini-series!!

Ninjak ongoing!!

Unity Vol 2 ongoing!! New members!!

Red Brigade one-shot or mini-series!!

Shadowman ongoing!! Yes!! Again!!

Harbinger ongoing!! Not just Pete’s team, include Stongholds team as well!!

Animilia one-shot or mini-series!!

Eternal Warrior ongoing!!

Secret Weapons ongoing!!

Looking forward to Valiant’s 2020 rollout, hoping I won’t be disappointed... :?

:high-five: Savage and Divinity will have to wait till next year,unless they make an appearance in one of the other titles if the only new #1 left this year will be the new rai though,right?.It would be cool if they had an eternal warrior ongoing,present day/future both in one comic for however long the series is.And maybe two sdes of the cover with half present/future verse.That idea just came to me out of nowhere and i want to see atleast two future titles in one month.Unity 2020 would be a cool title for the next unity.


They haven’t announced December yet! So there’s still hope! :hope:

But I’m cool if they’re a part of the 2020 rollout. As long as they’re in production. Both characters have been off the board way to long.....

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:18:43 am

nonplayer wrote:I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

XO is one of the few stable elements within the VU right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm not at all against switching out Aric for his daughter at some point in the future, but doing it right now just isn't the right time. The VU need much more stability right now and swapping out one of its strongest characters at this point in time feels to me like handing the entire VU a cyanide pill when it's already on its knees.

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10:18 am

Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

XO is one of the few stable elements within the VU right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm not at all against switching out Aric for his daughter at some point in the future, but doing it right now just isn't the right time. The VU need much more stability right now and swapping out one of its strongest characters at this point in time feels to me like handing the entire VU a cyanide pill when it's already on its knees.


Which means DMG would totally do that and think it was the greatest idea since sliced bread. Oh did you know Armstrong invented sliced bread?

Re: What’s new with VEI?

Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:33:36 pm

Oxmyx wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

XO is one of the few stable elements within the VU right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm not at all against switching out Aric for his daughter at some point in the future, but doing it right now just isn't the right time. The VU need much more stability right now and swapping out one of its strongest characters at this point in time feels to me like handing the entire VU a cyanide pill when it's already on its knees.


Which means DMG would totally do that and think it was the greatest idea since sliced bread. Oh did you know Armstrong invented sliced bread?

You're probably right.
Post a reply