ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Sep 21, 2019 7:29:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What’s new with VEI?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:56:06 pm 
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:40:45 am
Posts: 3146
Location: Los Angeles
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS
Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:12:22 pm 
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:38:00 pm
Posts: 3183
Location: Here, there, at some point everywhere.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.
I think Shadowman moved to Malibu comics? :? :kidaround:

_________________
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06:43 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1692
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
drmirage wrote:
Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:01:14 pm 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53:37 pm
Posts: 205
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:
Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.



What else political has been going on besides that POS Twitter thing? This is a serious question...I am not very up-to-date... although reading this board is helping a lot


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:26:56 pm 
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52:13 pm
Posts: 4636
Location: Astoria, NY
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:
Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

The key word there being "seems" and that certainly doesn't mean to everyone

_________________
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:49:19 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1692
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
kjjohanson wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:
Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

The key word there being "seems" and that certainly doesn't mean to everyone


Shame there’s not another 10,000 like minded people to you KJ buying the books as then you’d be well placed to say all’s well! :kidaround:
When’s this mythical new audience going to make an appearance who enjoy the books that Valiant are currently putting out? :?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:16:34 pm 
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52:13 pm
Posts: 4636
Location: Astoria, NY
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
drmirage wrote:
Been MIA for quite a while. So what’s new?

Just noticed the JULY sales numbers.

Killers #1 7,949
Fallen World #3 5,938
Punk Mambo #4 5,877
Psi-Lords #2 5,385
Life & Death of Toyo Harada #5 4,621
Livewire #8 4,452

Seems like the readership is way down.

Where’s A&A, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar?


Well, the new editorial team seem more interested in politics and using Valiant as a stepping stone for writer friends and for some inexplicable reason like to focus on B and C level characters. :? Sales doesn’t seem to be part of the strategy and ahead of the Bloodshot movie release we just had the worse Bloodshot series ever (BS Rising Spirit) which was actually worse than Dead Drop!

Not all bad though, Dysart’s LADOTH has been phenomenal.

The key word there being "seems" and that certainly doesn't mean to everyone


Shame there’s not another 10,000 like minded people to you KJ buying the books as then you’d be well placed to say all’s well! :kidaround:
When’s this mythical new audience going to make an appearance who enjoy the books that Valiant are currently putting out? :?

You're conflating a non-existing argument about the health of the company with an argument about what the driving force of the company is.

_________________
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54:49 am 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35:53 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Home of the Devil/Devils
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.

_________________
I-Only judge porn by the cover.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:39:23 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1692
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.

Savage is apparently coming back soon which I think is a positive step. I assume B Clay Moore will continue on the writing, obviously we won’t have Larosa on art so it’ll be interesting to see who they line up. Larosa’s art was a big part of Savage so without that we’ll see if it can still be as enjoyable.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:57:06 am 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53:37 pm
Posts: 205
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


I'm not sure what you mean by a "level" female character. A female hero on the same level as the "heavy hitters" like XO and Bloodshot and EW? I don't think one exists yet although Valiant has been making an effort to establish one. I think we need a Kazuyo title myself in 4003


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18:16 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16:04 pm
Posts: 2000
Location: out for lunch
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo
Favorite title: Divinity, savage,
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

_________________
I Miss Dinesh running Valiant


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09:43 pm 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35:53 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Home of the Devil/Devils
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.

Savage is apparently coming back soon which I think is a positive step. I assume B Clay Moore will continue on the writing, obviously we won’t have Larosa on art so it’ll be interesting to see who they line up. Larosa’s art was a big part of Savage so without that we’ll see if it can still be as enjoyable.

Rags art would be awesome and he has experience with that type of thing turok. :clap:
Oxmyx wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


I'm not sure what you mean by a "level" female character. A female hero on the same level as the "heavy hitters" like XO and Bloodshot and EW? I don't think one exists yet although Valiant has been making an effort to establish one. I think we need a Kazuyo title myself in 4003

Yes,that is what i meant by an A level.

_________________
I-Only judge porn by the cover.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:32:57 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34:56 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: North Carolina
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


Agreed!!! I want a Divinity ongoing (or 6 issue mini/I’ll take what I can get) now!!

I’d also like to see...

Savage mini-series or ongoing!!

Sandria Darque one shot, or mini-series!!

Ninjak ongoing!!

Unity Vol 2 ongoing!! New members!!

Red Brigade one-shot or mini-series!!

Shadowman ongoing!! Yes!! Again!!

Harbinger ongoing!! Not just Pete’s team, include Strongholds team as well!!

Animilia one-shot or mini-series!!

Eternal Warrior ongoing!!

Secret Weapons ongoing!!

Looking forward to Valiant’s 2020 rollout, hoping I won’t be disappointed... :?

_________________
#StayValiant


Last edited by agent_graves on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49:51 am 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35:53 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Home of the Devil/Devils
agent_graves wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


Agreed!!! I want a Divinity ongoing (or 6 issue mini/I’ll take what I can get) now!!

I’d also like to see...

Savage mini-series or ongoing!!

Sandria Darque one shot, or mini-series!!

Ninjak ongoing!!

Unity Vol 2 ongoing!! New members!!

Red Brigade one-shot or mini-series!!

Shadowman ongoing!! Yes!! Again!!

Harbinger ongoing!! Not just Pete’s team, include Stongholds team as well!!

Animilia one-shot or mini-series!!

Eternal Warrior ongoing!!

Secret Weapons ongoing!!

Looking forward to Valiant’s 2020 rollout, hoping I won’t be disappointed... :?

:high-five: Savage and Divinity will have to wait till next year,unless they make an appearance in one of the other titles if the only new #1 left this year will be the new rai though,right?.It would be cool if they had an eternal warrior ongoing,present day/future both in one comic for however long the series is.And maybe two sdes of the cover with half present/future verse.That idea just came to me out of nowhere and i want to see atleast two future titles in one month.Unity 2020 would be a cool title for the next unity.

_________________
I-Only judge porn by the cover.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27:41 pm 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53:37 pm
Posts: 205
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
I want to see a Kazuyo title and a Far Faraway title, if we're talking fantasy football


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49:54 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34:56 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: North Carolina
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
mramsterdam wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
mramsterdam wrote:
Just thinking,who would be an a level female character?I don't really want to see more x-o and bs,but i will.I really want to see savage :hope: more than anything and then divinity,harbinger,and A&A.If they can't do that next year,than i guess they don't care.


Agreed!!! I want a Divinity ongoing (or 6 issue mini/I’ll take what I can get) now!!

I’d also like to see...

Savage mini-series or ongoing!!

Sandria Darque one shot, or mini-series!!

Ninjak ongoing!!

Unity Vol 2 ongoing!! New members!!

Red Brigade one-shot or mini-series!!

Shadowman ongoing!! Yes!! Again!!

Harbinger ongoing!! Not just Pete’s team, include Stongholds team as well!!

Animilia one-shot or mini-series!!

Eternal Warrior ongoing!!

Secret Weapons ongoing!!

Looking forward to Valiant’s 2020 rollout, hoping I won’t be disappointed... :?

:high-five: Savage and Divinity will have to wait till next year,unless they make an appearance in one of the other titles if the only new #1 left this year will be the new rai though,right?.It would be cool if they had an eternal warrior ongoing,present day/future both in one comic for however long the series is.And maybe two sdes of the cover with half present/future verse.That idea just came to me out of nowhere and i want to see atleast two future titles in one month.Unity 2020 would be a cool title for the next unity.


They haven’t announced December yet! So there’s still hope! :hope:

But I’m cool if they’re a part of the 2020 rollout. As long as they’re in production. Both characters have been off the board way to long.....

_________________
#StayValiant


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:18:43 am 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08:01 am
Posts: 2747
Location: England
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
nonplayer wrote:
I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

XO is one of the few stable elements within the VU right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm not at all against switching out Aric for his daughter at some point in the future, but doing it right now just isn't the right time. The VU need much more stability right now and swapping out one of its strongest characters at this point in time feels to me like handing the entire VU a cyanide pill when it's already on its knees.

_________________
Kurt Busiek wrote:
Bull$#!t


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10:18 am 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53:37 pm
Posts: 205
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

XO is one of the few stable elements within the VU right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm not at all against switching out Aric for his daughter at some point in the future, but doing it right now just isn't the right time. The VU need much more stability right now and swapping out one of its strongest characters at this point in time feels to me like handing the entire VU a cyanide pill when it's already on its knees.


Which means DMG would totally do that and think it was the greatest idea since sliced bread. Oh did you know Armstrong invented sliced bread?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:33:36 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08:01 am
Posts: 2747
Location: England
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Oxmyx wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
I could totally get on board with Arics daughter taking over the title of xo.

XO is one of the few stable elements within the VU right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm not at all against switching out Aric for his daughter at some point in the future, but doing it right now just isn't the right time. The VU need much more stability right now and swapping out one of its strongest characters at this point in time feels to me like handing the entire VU a cyanide pill when it's already on its knees.


Which means DMG would totally do that and think it was the greatest idea since sliced bread. Oh did you know Armstrong invented sliced bread?

You're probably right.

_________________
Kurt Busiek wrote:
Bull$#!t


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ryan, SJS4 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group