Search found 915 matches

by bamaphilosopher
Sun May 04, 2014 12:35:49 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Anybody have some spare FCBD issues?
Replies: 38
Views: 1445

Re: Anybody have some spare FCBD issues?

I have 2 spare copies of each the handbook and regular issue. PMs inbound to both of you! :thumb: Many, many thanks Chris! You're a lifesaver. Lesson learned: next year, I'd better be there at opening. And, I'm going to gripe and gripe at my local comic shop that they had better save me the Valiant...
by bamaphilosopher
Sun May 04, 2014 12:32:33 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Harbinger: Omegas, the future of the Harbinger series?
Replies: 22
Views: 411

Re: Harbinger: Omegas, the future of the Harbinger series?

Can't we all just assume at this point that Dinesh and co. know what they are doing and won't really end the well selling and favorite titles? It's pretty obvious, at least to me, what is going on. In this market you have to get attention, sometimes with #1 issues. Armor Hunters gives VEI a natural...
by bamaphilosopher
Sat May 03, 2014 4:09:02 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Anybody have some spare FCBD issues?
Replies: 38
Views: 1445

Anybody have some spare FCBD issues?

I had to go to the three comic stores around Birmingham kind of late today, and none of them had the free Valiant issues anymore, and my own store did not save me one because they put all the free issues on the table! Grr! They said they'd try to locate me one. I guess it's good all the Valiant titl...
by bamaphilosopher
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:50:49 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Bob Layton & VEI
Replies: 43
Views: 1303

Re: Bob Layton & VEI

Wow, glad to see that patched up. I remember both Bob Layton and Jim Shooter stating they didn't like the new VEI. So it's good to hear Bob Layton is back on good terms with them. :thumb:
by bamaphilosopher
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40:33 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Flamingo Cosplay at Wonder-Con
Replies: 19
Views: 929

Re: Flamingo Cosplay at Wonder-Con

kjjohanson wrote:I wonder if she's bummed by Flamingo's upcoming death.
:P

I so hope you're wrong. :hope:
by bamaphilosopher
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:39:39 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Who's on Facebook ?
Replies: 25
Views: 1382

Re: Who's on Facebook ?

I'm there. "Richmond West" on facebook.
by bamaphilosopher
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40:30 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Armour Hunters Previews Bloodshot and Harbinger
Replies: 8
Views: 227

Re: Armour Hunters Previews Bloodshot and Harbinger

grendeljd wrote:Awesome - both books are looking good! Really looking forward to this storyline :thumb:
I agree. I especially like the art and colors on the Harbinger pages. But as you say, both books look great.
by bamaphilosopher
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:34:11 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: VH1 Resources
Replies: 20
Views: 404

Re: VH1 Resources

My original list from glancing at the books was 300. It appears 100 is not enough- no one wants to break up the pre-Unity runs and I don't blame them. 300 that you really enjoyed? Yeah, that sounds about right. Once I include the stuff I enjoyed, like the Malev War (even though it was a little long...
by bamaphilosopher
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:27:20 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: VEI Reading Order?
Replies: 8
Views: 364

Re: VEI Reading Order?

ShadowTuga wrote:
I agree, at this point, jumping from issue to issue in order of release, you kinda might not get the "whole picture of each book".
I can't phrase it better, sorry. :?
Yeah, exactly how I feel. :thumb:
by bamaphilosopher
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24:19 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Calgary Expo
Replies: 18
Views: 722

Re: Calgary Expo

Very cool! I like the Harbinger shirt and jacket. Blue and white go great together, I may have to get me some of that apparel, I think it looks great.

:thumb:

Wow, looks like you guys had a blast! Very cool.
by bamaphilosopher
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21:11 am
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Wonder Con exclusive order list NOW IN TRANSIT
Replies: 117
Views: 3160

Re: Wonder Con exclusive order list GETTING THEM ALL PACKED

There are way too many forums where people troll or have flame wars. This forum is such an awesome example of using the internet to socialize with friendliness and respect. It may sound a little cheesy, but I am proud to count myself a member here and to have made and met the friends I have here on...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:32:57 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: VEI Reading Order?
Replies: 8
Views: 364

Re: VEI Reading Order?

I never did get them in release order, because I only started collecting VEI about 6-8 months ago. I just read what I liked first: X-O Manowar, Harbinger, and Archer and Armstrong is what I started out with, then I read Bloodshot. I saved Shadowman, Eternal Warrior, and finally Q&W for last, since t...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16:08 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: "You're choking under dozens of pounds of Valiant..."
Replies: 13
Views: 377

Re: "You're choking under dozens of pounds of Valiant..."

I've got nothing against W. Eric Martin's comments. He covers the boardgame industry well. Just found it amusing to see the Valiant world colliding, especially when referencing a Marvel game :) Agreed...especially since, well, the quality did get to where it sucked, honestly, so I'm not surprised m...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13:31 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Wonder Con exclusive order list NOW IN TRANSIT
Replies: 117
Views: 3160

Re: Wonder Con exclusive order list CLICK TO SEE THE LOOT!

I'm so glad we did it this way, because I saw one on ebay and they were asking 49.95 for it. They had gotten it signed. Still...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:11:17 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: The Mission Begins - Trades from Patches going to libraries!
Replies: 83
Views: 8587

Re: The Mission Begins - Trades from Patches going to librar

I hear what you are saying. I meant only the most respect for her as a nice pleasant person that has good taste in reading material, speaking to her character and mind. Wasn't trying to demean her or objectify in any way, sorry if it sounded like it. Nooooooooo!!!! Although you sort of proved my po...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:01:45 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: VH1 Resources
Replies: 20
Views: 404

Re: VH1 Resources

However I also went about rereading some books to determine absolutely what is most important to me.. and discovered some things just do not hold up outside of nostalgia and others I hadn't thought about were much higher on my list. I agree about nostalgia! There was a lot of stuff I was reading at...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:51:25 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: What We Learned - July 2014 Edition
Replies: 8
Views: 311

Re: What We Learned - July 2014 Edition

I actually think the power sets of the Gen Zero characters are much cooler. The Telic is one of my favorite characters with Hive a close second. I'm actually pretty upset we haven't seen most of them in a while. I still miss Pulse. :cry: I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the Gen Zero kids....
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:48:13 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: How do we get the Valiant Fans 10th anniv. special cover?
Replies: 57
Views: 2270

Re: How do we get the Valiant Fans 10th anniv. special cover

You too, lorddunlow? I love how everybody leaves suggestions for winning one based on criteria they've already met! lol, you selfish SQUEE's. :P
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:45:19 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: Personal Timeline project: Probably full of errors.
Replies: 57
Views: 6317

Re: Timeline project. X-O 1-12 as of 18 04 14

I am back on schedule. Thank you for the sticky. Completely undeserved, but thank you. There are other, better timelines that deserve the sticky spot. lol, that was because I requested it, but for DIrish's timeline, and yours got stickied by mistake. Sorry about that. :o DIrish's has now been stick...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59:46 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: The Mission Begins - Trades from Patches going to libraries!
Replies: 83
Views: 8587

Re: The Mission Begins - Trades from Patches going to librar

lorddunlow wrote:
We all know women would never talk about men this way.
Um, yeah, right. :lol: :thumb:
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:55:54 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: "You're choking under dozens of pounds of Valiant..."
Replies: 13
Views: 377

Re: "You're choking under dozens of pounds of Valiant..."

Phoenix8008 wrote:However, none of that was in the late 80's. Valiant was only in the 90's, so his memory is already suspect or flawed to start with. :P :D
Good point! :thumb:
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:53:47 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: MEGA Cover !!!
Replies: 57
Views: 2671

Re: MEGA Cover !!!

Limited to 6 participating retailers?!?!?!?!?!? &%*&%@%SQUEEEEEEEE&%^$*#*@ But DCBS is one of them. Just order them all through there. What is DCBS? I guess I'll go google it and find out. Thanks! bp Ah, okay, found them on google. I guess they're not soliciting these yet? Thanks! They have some go...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:47:30 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: MEGA Cover !!!
Replies: 57
Views: 2671

Re: MEGA Cover !!!

BugsySig wrote:
bamaphilosopher wrote:Limited to 6 participating retailers?!?!?!?!?!?

&%*&%@%SQUEEEEEEEE&%^$*#*@
But DCBS is one of them. Just order them all through there.
What is DCBS? I guess I'll go google it and find out. Thanks!

bp
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:09:52 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: How do we get the Valiant Fans 10th anniv. special cover?
Replies: 57
Views: 2270

Re: How do we get the Valiant Fans 10th anniv. special cover

Valiant gives out the golds for supporting or promoting Valiant, right? What about giving these Valiant Fans edition books out for supporting or promoting the board itself? Start with a copy for everyone with more than 10k posts as a reward for keeping the board active? Oh, look at that, I have ove...
by bamaphilosopher
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08:03 pm
Forum: General VALIANT Discussion
Topic: "You're choking under dozens of pounds of Valiant..."
Replies: 13
Views: 377

Re: "You're choking under dozens of pounds of Valiant..."

What a *SQUEE*. :mad: Agree. However, he was kind of right, if he's talking about some of the later VH1 stuff. After the company stopped giving a darn. But I wish he'd acknowledge that the reason Valiant became hot enough to be in that position in the first place was that the original stuff was far...