Greetings fellow Valiant-o-philes!

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Hoosierdaddy
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Greetings fellow Valiant-o-philes!

Post by Hoosierdaddy »

I'm new to the board, so I thought I would post a quick hello to all! I'm a 47 year old father of two who was a RABID collector of all things Valiant back in the early-mid 90's (Shooter days). Didn't care much at ALL for what happened to the books after Shooter left and (then) Acclaim took over. The extremely tight continuity and sweeping story arc were glorious and I was caught up in it completely. In fact, I still get a little of that initial 'rush' I felt when I re-read the old issues. When Shooter left/got canned (depending on who's telling the story) I thought the entire thing just fell apart and I lost interest shortly thereafter. *sigh* As far as I am concerned, early Valiant books were 'The Second Golden Age' of comics, with a story driven thread that rivalled anything which Marvel/DC ever published. It's sad indeed that today's comics market is so "eye candy" oriented that a story driven line can't survive financially. Witness the "death" of Crossgen as a contemporary example. I still dream that one day the old 'Valiant crew' will reassemble and have another go at it. Until then, my old copies will have to do.

P.S. Anyone have any idea whatever became of Mr. Shooter? Writing for Universal? Working at a car dealership? Took Micro's place as The Punisher's sidekick? :-D

RyanMcLelland
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: Since Super Mario SE #1
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by RyanMcLelland »

I have an idea what happened to Shooter. Keep your eyes peeled over at Newsarama in the upcoming weeks...

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Here we go again, Ryan's threatening impending news again! BUT, will he spill the beans this time?!? :P
:hm:

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

RyanMcLelland wrote:I have an idea what happened to Shooter. Keep your eyes peeled over at Newsarama in the upcoming weeks...
We have been waiting over six months for the "news" on Shooter.

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

x-omatic wrote:
RyanMcLelland wrote:I have an idea what happened to Shooter. Keep your eyes peeled over at Newsarama in the upcoming weeks...
We have been waiting over six months for the "news" on Shooter.
:lol:
Yea I'm holding my breath on that one too.... :P