Continuity - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

mnc93
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by mnc93 »

This question is for Knight!! Two days ago I picked up a Cyberrad #1 GOLD with Hologram and certificate of authenticity in NM. I have two questions.

1. What is the current value of the comic?

2. Should I slab? It should come back CGC 9.8 or 9.9 but with CGC you never know!!!

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

mnc93 wrote:This question is for Knight!! Two days ago I picked up a Cyberrad #1 GOLD with Hologram and certificate of authenticity in NM. I have two questions.

1. What is the current value of the comic?

2. Should I slab? It should come back CGC 9.8 or 9.9 but with CGC you never know!!!
Dont know how I missed this... It must have been the 'few days short of TWO MONTHS that I didnt post and NOBODY noticed/gave a damn'.

Current value of the book is the price you paid for it, bub. Overstreet does not even list it, but if they did it looks like they would say $2.50. There is no book worth CGCing IMO. Yeah you may pick up a few bucks for it geez, Cyberad #1 GOLD can be found quite often on Ebay and I would not say that it is 'rare'... maybe 'hard to find' but this is only because there does not seem to be a huge Continuity following. Neal Adams following yes, but for this line of 'late and oft mismatched books' no.

IMO, I say dont waste the time/effort/money to slab unless it is just one of those books that you want on your wall 'slabbed'. It IS a pretty book but IMO not worth it and besides, CGC can be funny about not putting the COA in with the book, easy enough to do on your own though.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Guess I should update my Continuity list since Oct 2005

Armor #13 (Newsstand)
Bucky O'Hare #3
CyberRad TPB
Megalith:Deathwatch2000 #0 (Red Foil)
Ms Mystic #9 variant
Valeria #1 (White w/Gold Foil unsigned)
Valeria #1 (White w/Red Foil signed & unsigned)

Picked up the Bucky O'Hare softcover TPB for a song and it arrived in GREAT condition.

I am not even sure if Valeria #1 (White w/Gold Foil unsigned) even exists. I would think so but anyone have one of these or can confirm it ?

buxfan
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by buxfan »

Anyone selling their Continuity Comics??? for cheap?

Eric
emullarky@comcast.net

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Sorry GAVE my books away not too long ago.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Hey... anybody else have one of these ?

FRONT
8-)
8-)
BACK

Kind of like an ashcan but in magazine size in B/W

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:I am not even sure if Valeria #1 (White w/Gold Foil unsigned) even exists. I would think so but anyone have one of these or can confirm it ?
You probably aren't even collecting these anymore, but I think I picked up a Valeria 1 White w/gold foil and it bears no signature.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Yes, I am still collecting these... :hm:

J-D Manowar
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by J-D Manowar »

I am going to start collecting Continutiy. Comics. Can you give me some pointers or suggestions. I don't want to pay a lot of money for something and find out it is the "Turok 1" of the Continuity Comics. Also besides eBay any good places to find them or any promotional item they sent out? (posters promos). I am going to start looking at the local LCS.

Fanboy375
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Fanboy375 »

Man, I feel like I am working at Squeezeplay again. We had the autograph card, all the spotrs cards (I LOVE THAT MANON RHEAUME CARD), the 1:25 and 1:50 cards from the book. All the foil covers,

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

J-D Manowar wrote:I am going to start collecting Continutiy. Comics. Can you give me some pointers or suggestions. I don't want to pay a lot of money for something and find out it is the "Turok 1" of the Continuity Comics. Also besides eBay any good places to find them or any promotional item they sent out? (posters promos). I am going to start looking at the local LCS.
I think they all pretty much qualify as the "Turok 1" of Continuity. Not so much in print run as cost. Don't buy individual issues at first. Lots of Continuity comics don't seem as proliferated on eBay as most of the other DUs I've tackled so far - Valiant, Ultraverse...

Some of the other guys here could probably offer better insight into that than I. This has been an amazingly comfortable back-burner project for me.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

In my opinion, the Deathwatch 2000 issues would qualify as the "Turok #1" of the Continuity set. They seem to be much more plentiful than any of the surrounding issues. I always find them in bargain boxes.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

I remember craving these early nineties and finding it
really annoying to find pre rise of magic ( cant remebr the one b4 that)stuff etc
10p boxes now
tho so started to pick em up again.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I finally was able to find a copy of Bucky O'Hare #3 on Ebay today and scooped it up. When it gets here I will have a complete reading set with only a few of the 'variants' left. I also picked up a Newsstand Ms Mystic #9 and Newsstand Armor #13, I believe which really helped to close the gap. And then in CA, I found great condition copies of Samuree which will serve to enhance my collection.

I have also been picking up Continuity books in the cheap section when I find them. Anybody needing something drop me a PM.

When Bucky #3 gets here I will start to read this set of books from start to finish... finally. Only took me over two years, I think.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

You can add to the overall issue list a second printing of the Revengers Trade issue. This was brought to my attention by a fellow collector, and once I looked at my copy, I discovered mine is a 2nd print.

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

I have picked up a stack of Issues at recent shows from 25p bins and will be making my wants list real soon.

YAY !!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:You can add to the overall issue list a second printing of the Revengers Trade issue. This was brought to my attention by a fellow collector, and once I looked at my copy, I discovered mine is a 2nd print.
Is there any difference between the two different printings ?

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:
Brother J wrote:You can add to the overall issue list a second printing of the Revengers Trade issue. This was brought to my attention by a fellow collector, and once I looked at my copy, I discovered mine is a 2nd print.
Without digging it out, I believe the difference is it says "second printing" in the indicia. Not a new cover or anything like that.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:
Without digging it out, I believe the difference is it says "second printing" in the indicia. Not a new cover or anything like that.
So you're saying that you think we should add it like the Valiant View 2nd printing ? Personally I thought that there was not that much of a difference when offering it to the 'official' list but I guess I can see where we could go with this... looks like finding a 'first printing' may be harder than one thinks. Hmmmmm...

Thoughts ?

Rocket2600
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Rocket2600 »

Also note that the 1st print is dated July 1992 while the 2nd print has a Nov 1993 date.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Nice Dead Universes plug ya got there Rocket... :wink:

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

Congrats on finishing the reading set! (Although the ones I remember, you wouldn't want to read.. :P ) I'd be interested in your extras in a while, but not until I at least finish sorting through the piles accumulating in my bedroom. Buying piles of DU stuff faster than I can sort has begun to get out of control. :oops:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:
I checked through my extras and found that I now have a First and Second Printing. Happy about that or I would be scouring for that Second Printing.

I DID find a Newsstand edition of this issue:

Nothing different than it has the barcode. It even has the double cover. :thumb:

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

a new Continuity book was found. Bucky O'Hare #1 Special Edition. It says "Special Edition" where the regular edition has the price.

Special Edition:

regular edition: