Harbinger 1 CGC 9.8 sold cheap

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Harbinger 1 CGC 9.8 sold cheap

Post by Chuck »

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

"YOU GO TO HELL KATHY LEE! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!"

~The Unblessed Soul

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Mister Garrison :?

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

The price is coming down...anyone think it will be $500 on the downside?

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

It sold in 1 day. The seller most likely could have gotten more for it so I don't think this counts as the price dropping.

It's not like they listed it for $ 1000.00 and it went off without a bid, then relisted at $ 650.00

We won't really know the going price until a few sellers list them without a buy it now price.

. . . just my 2 cents

Peter Parker
No Longer A Registered User

Post by Peter Parker »

siren3-4 wrote:It sold in 1 day. The seller most likely could have gotten more for it so I don't think this counts as the price dropping.

It's not like they listed it for $ 1000.00 and it went off without a bid, then relisted at $ 650.00

We won't really know the going price until a few sellers list them without a buy it now price.

. . . just my 2 cents
Well written, it WOULD have sold for more no question if left for bidding. I know this for FACT because I would have paid more for it than that price

:!:

I truly see that book sustaining it's price levels for a LONG time :thumb: For example, I was at the Forbidden Planet last evening in lower Manhattan, and the owner was asking me what a "good" price paid for a Harbinger# 1 CGC 9.8 would be :wink:

They're looking to buy them...uh oh :o

BTW...that Harbinger# 1 looks soooooooooo purty in that CGC slab :think: :cloud9:
"Leisure, is the mother of philosophy"

Thomas Hobbes

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

siren3-4 wrote:It sold in 1 day. The seller most likely could have gotten more for it so I don't think this counts as the price dropping.

. . . just my 2 cents
Well it was published on the boards here for a full day and a half before it went. So you have to consider that the hardcore fans of this site (the majority anyway) are not prepared to buy this at this price.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

GGSAE wrote:

. . . just my 2 cents
Well it was published on the boards here for a full day and a half before it went. So you have to consider that the hardcore fans of this site (the majority anyway) are not prepared to buy this at this price.
I was willing to pay it, I just wouldn't accept the sellers terms. For $650 I get to set the terms. :-)

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

ckb wrote:
GGSAE wrote:

. . . just my 2 cents
I was willing to pay it, I just wouldn't accept the sellers terms. For $650 I get to set the terms. :-)
:lol: I have to respect that. 8-) Even though I feel that way sometimes about a $ 20.00 deal :twisted:

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore

Post by tarheelmarine »

$650--- Way to much to pay for a Harbinger book. Harbinger was a great series, but no way I would pay for that.

jduran2
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: The beginning
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by jduran2 »

. . . just my 2 cents
I would have paid 790 for it.

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

jduran2 wrote:

. . . just my 2 cents
I would have paid 790 for it.
I would have paid a bazillion million dollars. It doesnt matter how much you would have paid, just that it sold for $650...that is the only thing that matters in this equation.

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

With Harbinger 9.8 CGC'd being so damn expensive I wonder why Harbinger 9.6 CGC'd books don't get more attention. :think:

..says the man who collects Valiant Pre-Unity CGC'd 9.6's :roll:
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

ckb

Post by ckb »

whetteon wrote:With Harbinger 9.8 CGC'd being so damn expensive I wonder why Harbinger 9.6 CGC'd books don't get more attention. :think:

I think I got $125 for my last one. Not too bad.

jduran2
Valiant fan since: The beginning
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by jduran2 »

whetteon wrote:With Harbinger 9.8 CGC'd being so damn expensive I wonder why Harbinger 9.6 CGC'd books don't get more attention. :think:

Man it is a challenge to find a Harb 1 without the spine defect that they are famous for... Makes getting a 9.8 almost impossible........

ckb

Post by ckb »

jduran2 wrote:

Man it is a challenge to find a Harb 1 without the spine defect that they are famous for... Makes getting a 9.8 almost impossible........
Not gonna argue with that one.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Whereabouts is this spine bend? I got a great harby 1 that would probably hit 9.6, i'll let you guys know if i ever get around to sending a batch in.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

GGSAE wrote:Whereabouts is this spine bend? I got a great harby 1 that would probably hit 9.6, i'll let you guys know if i ever get around to sending a batch in.
It isnt a bend, it is splitting and color flaking at the spine of the book. Look at the spine and see if it is splitting at the top or the bottom and then look and see if there is flaking along the spine...if you get no on both of those you might have something.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

DawgPhan wrote:
GGSAE wrote:Whereabouts is this spine bend? I got a great harby 1 that would probably hit 9.6, i'll let you guys know if i ever get around to sending a batch in.
It isnt a bend, it is splitting and color flaking at the spine of the book. Look at the spine and see if it is splitting at the top or the bottom and then look and see if there is flaking along the spine...if you get no on both of those you might have something.
Hmmm, i don't really see signs of either of these, but i may not be critical enough. I think the only way to tell for sure is to send it to you dawg and let me know how it looks. :thumb: