Defiant Comics

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Strannik
Working on the first full appearance of me
Defiant Comics

Post by Strannik »

I wasn't there when it debuted, but I tracked down some back issues. I liked what I saw so far. Great characters, decent story, interesting contiunity. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here ever read and/or liked Defiant comics.

Valiant OCD
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Valiant OCD »

I thought Charlemagne, and dark Dominion had the potential to be outstanding stories. Too bad they tanked so soon. BTW welcome to the boards.
When I was five, I dragged my dad into "Mike's Comic Hut"... If only I'd known..

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I always liked most of the Defiant stuff and Jim did an excellent job making a new and interesting Universe. War Dancer and Dark Dominion were two of my favorite titles.

I remember being one of the lucky ones that got a Plasm #0 first edition binder right when they came out. The next week everyone was scrambing to get one because of a "mix up" in the print run. I had to laugh cause people were paying 75 to 100 bucks for them just a week or two after being released.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Very good stuff.
Reminds me of pre-Unity valiant.
Shame the way it ended.

Welcome aboard :thumb:

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

:thumb:

Strannik

Post by Strannik »

So far, I read Warriors of Plasm TPB (Issues 0-4, plus Spatterball Special), War Dancer 1,2,3,6; Charlemagne 0,1,3,5 and Good Guys 1 and 2. Haven't checked out Dark Dominion yet, but I plan to.

I appreciate all the welcomes, but I have to point out that I've been posting here since April :)

BTW, while looking through quarter bins, I found some Defiant issues that were labeled Schism (namely Warriors of Plasm #13 and Dogs of War #3). Do you guys have any idea if any other Schism-related material made it to print before Defiant shut down?

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

Strannik wrote:
BTW, while looking through quarter bins, I found some Defiant issues that were labeled Schism (namely Warriors of Plasm #13 and Dogs of War #3). Do you guys have any idea if any other Schism-related material made it to print before Defiant shut down?
I think you mean Dogs of War 5 but the answer is no.

Here's a link to the unpublished plot for the Schism miniseries if you're curious as to what it might have been like:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/defiant ... _room.html

And, yes, Defiant comics definately was great stuff.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

It's just too bad none of the titles were given a real chance to develop. I was looking forward to reading more about Jim's ultimate vision for Defiant, but it was struck down too soon.