Alien should hire MOTA

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Alien should hire MOTA

Post by syzhang28 »

This came from another thread and deserves it's own topic. He knows Valiant, he's passionate, he's a writer, he works hard (the VEI fan wiki) and they'd probably sell more because they would get the hardcore fans buy in. Anyone else feel this is a good idea?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: Alien should hire MOTA

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:41:46 pm This came from another thread and deserves it's own topic. He knows Valiant, he's passionate, he's a writer, he works hard (the VEI fan wiki) and they'd probably sell more because they would get the hardcore fans buy in. Anyone else feel this is a good idea?
Heh, thnaks.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

100%.

I told MOTA in pm that he should pitch his Book of the Geomancers idea to Alien. My thought was to do it like the Marvel Grand Design books. It would be a fun way to re-establish the old universe without making a huge commitment. I'd love to read it anyway :)

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:17:42 pm I'd like to see a Book of The Geomancers series which focus is solely to catalog the story of the VALIANT Universe from the eyes and ears and first experiences of different Geomancers throughout time. From the first to the one in the 41st Century.

See the rise of immortals, Harbingers, and other beings that exist in the VALIANT Universe, and the effect they had on human history.

It could include new material as well as reprinted pages from existing comics that have entirely new narration boxes that put everything into a linear story.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:44:28 pm 100%.

I told MOTA in pm that he should pitch his Book of the Geomancers idea to Alien. My thought was to do it like the Marvel Grand Design books. It would be a fun way to re-establish the old universe without making a huge commitment. I'd love to read it anyway :)

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:17:42 pm I'd like to see a Book of The Geomancers series which focus is solely to catalog the story of the VALIANT Universe from the eyes and ears and first experiences of different Geomancers throughout time. From the first to the one in the 41st Century.

See the rise of immortals, Harbingers, and other beings that exist in the VALIANT Universe, and the effect they had on human history.

It could include new material as well as reprinted pages from existing comics that have entirely new narration boxes that put everything into a linear story.
That is definitely the kind of thing I'd pitch for sure.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:46:29 pm

I would be extremely hyped to see that :D

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:53:01 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:46:29 pm

I would be extremely hyped to see that :D
Thanks. It's certainly an itch I'd like to scratch.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:46:29 pm That is definitely the kind of thing I'd pitch for sure.
It'd bring me back.

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:22:27 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:46:29 pm That is definitely the kind of thing I'd pitch for sure.
It'd bring me back.

/Magnus
Thanks!

jakgrimm
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jakgrimm »

Agree 100%. Perfect person to keep the continuity tight
Time to take a dump. -Torque

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:09:46 pm Agree 100%. Perfect person to keep the continuity tight
Thanks!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

You miss every shot you don't take, so I took mine.

I've sent my resume to Alien Books, and now we wait to see what happens...

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:45:34 am You miss every shot you don't take, so I took mine.

:hope:

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:52:51 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:45:34 am You miss every shot you don't take, so I took mine.

/Magnus
Thanks!

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

That’s great, man - I hope they reach out to you!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:40:06 pm

That’s great, man - I hope they reach out to you!
Martin Casanova (MartinAlien here) did answer back.

Essentially, he thanked me for reaching out and told me that their senior editor would contact me if interested.

So, we'll see what, if anything, ever happens.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:14:51 am Martin Casanova (MartinAlien here) did answer back.

Essentially, he thanked me for reaching out and told me that their senior editor would contact me if interested.

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:41:44 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:14:51 am Martin Casanova (MartinAlien here) did answer back.

/Magnus
Thanks!

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

Disagree.

It seems most of the ideas are aimed at himself, and a small subsection of Valiant fans. mainly male, and over 45.

I personally don't think there's a large enough market for his ideas to be profitable.
Keep in mind, the people that post here, reddit, and Facebook are basically the same 25-40 people. So these are largely echo chamber market research.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53:41 am Disagree.

It seems most of the ideas are aimed at himself, and a small subsection of Valiant fans. mainly male, and over 45.

I personally don't think there's a large enough market for his ideas to be profitable.
Keep in mind, the people that post here, reddit, and Facebook are basically the same 25-40 people. So these are largely echo chamber market research.
:o

slack
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15:51 am

Sorry sir, no offense intended.
I'm just trying to be honest and think about business before wish fulfillment.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:28:04 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15:51 am

Sorry sir, no offense intended.
I'm just trying to be honest and think about business before wish fulfillment.
:thumb:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

slack wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53:41 am Disagree.

Shows what you know! I am 42!

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Any chance of re-running your Knight's Legacy Kickstarter? It couldn't hurt to have successful comics of yours out in the wild for people to read.

Personally, I'd love to read it. It seems like a lot of effort, care, and skill was being put into that world. I'm sure many on the board would contribute to the funding and help out in any way they can :thumb:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:29:40 pm Shows what you know! I am 42!

44 here, so wrong again :lol:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:56:28 pm Any chance of re-running your Knight's Legacy Kickstarter? It couldn't hurt to have successful comics of yours out in the wild for people to read.

Personally, I'd love to read it. It seems like a lot of effort, care, and skill was being put into that world. I'm sure many on the board would contribute to the funding and help out in any way they can :thumb:
Thanks!

Yeah, that's going to happen, just not sure when. The pandemic delayed things a lot for Golden Liberty, but the hope is to get them back up and running hopefully this year. And it wouldn't just be Knights' Legacy but more comics, both part of Majestic Universe and not, i.e. acquired pitches and such projects.

When I know more, I'll definitely post about it here.