Neutral Ground

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Neutral Ground

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Greg, it occurred to me that, if they're up for it, it might be cool to have a sub-forum where people from Alien Books/VALIANT like Danielle Ward and Martin Alien could promote their upcoming projects, and, maybe, answer questions from readers that can be a neutral ground where we can just talk about the comics without getting lost in the negativity.

Maybe they could moderate it themselves to decide which posts from board members appear?

They're using social media fairly well to promote the comics but, by its very nature, I think that sort of promotion is fleeting because they, essentially, have to keep posting the same thing over and over again because older posts vanish on people's feeds, which is not a good thing ("out of sight, out of mind").

In contrast, on a board like this one posts from days, weeks, months, and even years ago are still visible (we're still getting mileage out of threads and discussions from decades ago here... -- "there's no school, like the old school", right?)

If they're up for it, I think it might work to increase interest in the new books, drive traffic here, and revive the community.

Of course, they don't need this board for that, but it be great if they wanted to use it for it.

When the first VALIANT Entertainment site included this board when it launched, I thought that was great.
Last edited by ManofTheAtom on Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:04:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Neutral Ground

Post by Chiclo »

I like this idea.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:49:47 pm I like this idea.
:thumb:
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:40:44 am Greg, it occurred to me that, if they're up for it, it might be cool to have a sub-forum where people from Alien Books/VALIANT like Danielle Ward and Martin Alien could promote their upcoming projects, and, maybe, answer questions from readers that can be a neutral ground where we can just talk about the comics without getting lost in the negativity.

Maybe they could moderate it themselves to decide which posts from board members appear?

They're using social media fairly well to promote the comics but, by its very nature, I think that sort of promotion is fleeting because they, essentially, have to keep posting the same thing over and over again because older posts vanish on people's feeds, which is not a good thing ("out of sight, out of mind").

In contrast, on a board like this one posts from days, weeks, months, and even years ago are still visible (we're still getting mileage out of threads and discussions from decades ago here... -- "there's no school, like the old school", right?)

If they're up for it, I think it might work to increase interest in the new books, drive traffic here, and revive the community.

Of course, they don't need this board for that, but it be great if they wanted to use it for it.

When the first VALIANT Entertainment site included this board when it launched, I thought that was great.
This should have been a private message to Greg.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

syzhang28 wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:40:44 am Greg, it occurred to me that, if they're up for it, it might be cool to have a sub-forum where people from Alien Books/VALIANT like Danielle Ward and Martin Alien could promote their upcoming projects, and, maybe, answer questions from readers that can be a neutral ground where we can just talk about the comics without getting lost in the negativity.

Your mom should have been a private message to greg...

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:33:05 pm

That occurred to me after the fact, but I don't mind having post it. I might send it to him later on.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

eh, I like it better when ValiantFans is an open forum for the fans first and foremost, not a mouthpiece for the company which already has websites and every social media app to promote their business.

There should be a place where fans can freely discuss their opinions about the comics without being bullied by sycophants and job-seekers if their opinion doesn't fall in line with company policy.

daniellew61
Still Valiant after all these years.
Still Valiant after all these years.

Post by daniellew61 »

No thank you..
Ryan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:17:37 am eh, I like it better when ValiantFans is an open forum for the fans first and foremost, not a mouthpiece for the company which already has websites and every social media app to promote their business.

There should be a place where fans can freely discuss their opinions about the comics without being bullied by sycophants and job-seekers if their opinion doesn't fall in line with company policy.
^^ This.