Kickstarter news

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?
Kickstarter news

Post by slack »

The Valiant Entertainment Kickstarter Account signed in on August 17.

that's it. no responses, no updates. I guess they just came to laugh at our comments.

No company should see profit from partnership with Valiant Entertainment until this is fulfilled.

slack
Re: Kickstarter news

Post by slack »

These are some unfortunate companies currently contracted with DMG for Valiant IP.

I suggest contacting them and asking them to protect their own potential sales by pressing DMG to finish this.

Alien Books (comics)

Green Ronin Publishing (RPG)

Blowfish Studios (video game)

Blackstone Publishing (Novels)

Bedrock Collectibles (statues)

Blanx (Punk Mambo sneaker)

Harper Collins (Faith YA novels)

slack

Post by slack »

Valiant Kickstarter account logged in again on August 24.

They still aren't responding to questions or comments.

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:48:56 am Valiant Kickstarter account logged in again on August 24.

Sorry man. Not trying hijack your thread with any opinion on this (my opinion has its own thread lol) but want to say I feel your frustration and it shouldn't be like this. I have had such great experiences with kickstarters until this one.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:19:32 pm
slack wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:48:56 am Valiant Kickstarter account logged in again on August 24.

Sorry man. Not trying hijack your thread with any opinion on this (my opinion has its own thread lol) but want to say I feel your frustration and it shouldn't be like this. I have had such great experiences with kickstarters until this one.
I've supported numerous comic book kickstarters over the years, and there's definitely some that run very late, even years late for a single comic issue.

The difference is these are always amateurs trying to make comics with a small amount of other people. Not established publishers who have been publishing monthly comics for a decade.

And even the really late ones at least usually try to update once in a while and offer an excuse or apologies.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Ryan wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:56:31 pm

I've supported numerous comic book kickstarters over the years, and there's definitely some that run very late, even years late for a single comic issue.

The difference is these are always amateurs trying to make comics with a small amount of other people. Not established publishers who have been publishing monthly comics for a decade.

And even the really late ones at least usually try to update once in a while and offer an excuse or apologies.
I know some famous creators have been late too. But you're right, I can't think of any famous publishers. And even those creators do address the situation

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:25:43 pm
Ryan wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:56:31 pm

I know some famous creators have been late too. But you're right, I can't think of any famous publishers. And even those creators do address the situation
Oh yeah, there was a Rob Liefeld Brigade that was over 5 years late and might still be unfulfilled, not sure. B. Clay Moore had one too.

slack

Post by slack »

Valiant Kickstarter account logged in on August 29... but, of course, NO UPDATE, and no responses to comments or questions.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:26:39 am Valiant Kickstarter account logged in on August 29... but, of course, NO UPDATE, and no responses to comments or questions.
Who do we think is logging in and why? So weird. Are they just reading the comments from people begging for an update?

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

Meanwhile, Bad Idea is way on top of things and puts out a few Kickstarter updates each week.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

slack

Post by slack »

Valiant Kickstarter account logged in again on September 5... but, of course, STILL no responses or updates.

What's the point of them signing in and doing nothing?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

JCP wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:12:46 pm Meanwhile, Bad Idea is way on top of things and puts out a few Kickstarter updates each week.
More than that, they've been very responsive to requests. Have you seen all the digital comics they've made into add ons in The Ends campaign they are running?

slack

Post by slack »

Finally, an update.
they claim it will be shipping in mere weeks...
I'm betting there will be at least one more delay.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

slack wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:31:05 am Valiant Kickstarter account logged in again on September 5... but, of course, STILL no responses or updates.

What's the point of them signing in and doing nothing?
I got this in my e-mail timestamped about 20 minutes ago.
Hi Valiant Fans:

We hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend!

We know we've been quiet here for a while now and we're sorry. There were delays in our production timelines for just about all outstanding items, and it has taken a while for us to be able to get an idea of the timeline from our partners so that we may complete fulfillment. Here is where everything currently stands:

All add-on items have been completed;
Printing will be completed in about 3~4 weeks;
Fulfillment will take about roughly 2 weeks depending on your location.

We are going to work with Shark Robot for fulfillment, and a few important reminders:

1. If you have completed your survey, and would like to update your shipping address, please email us at kickstarter@valiantentertainment.com by September 22nd, 2023

2. Backers outside the USA need to give a telephone number with your address, please make sure you have that on file

3. ****Remember, the address you have your order being sent to is the one you entered into your BackerKit survey, NOT your Kickstarter account. Your address is also your responsibility. If your address is incorrect and your package is lost then a replacement package will require the full amount to be paid again, including shipping. Additionally, it is your responsibility to use a secure address where you can safely receive your order. If your package is stolen, it is your responsibility to follow up with law enforcement and the postal service. A replacement package for a stolen order will require the full amount to be paid again, including shipping. ****

Our apologies for the delays but we appreciate your patience and support as we get this exciting project completed and into your hands!
Let's revisit this conversation in 6 weeks.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

We can all finally get along again.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:25:44 pm Image

We can all finally get along again.
For the next 30 or so minutes, sure.

jaspersk

Post by jaspersk »

Only kickstarter i never received anything from was done by an artist Franchesco! Which was nothing but a scam. But for Valiant to scam fans how low can you go?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

jaspersk wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:19:00 am Only kickstarter i never received anything from was done by an artist Franchesco! Which was nothing but a scam. But for Valiant to scam fans how low can you go?
Fingers crossed Valiant have been shamed enough by fans (and maybe Alien?) to finally do something