Yet another Alien rumor

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Yet another Alien rumor

Post by syzhang28 »

Love it or hate it this is what I was told

Alien has started hiring writers and artists. Mostly original Valiant creators from the 90s. They have also met with Dinesh. The owner of my LCS was at one of these meetings with several other people and said Dinesh introduced them to an editor for them to hire (he didn't catch her name) and some creators who were their including Frank Miller, again he was suggesting they work with them. He said Alien and Dinesh talked Valiant for a little while but that they spent most of the time talking about something else Dinesh was working with them on. He only knew that other thing involved Joshua Dysart and Robert Venditti because both those names came up and he remembered since he's friends with both of them.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Yet another Alien rumor

Post by TheFerg714 »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:16:20 am Love it or hate it this is what I was told

Alien has started hiring writers and artists. Mostly original Valiant creators from the 90s. They have also met with Dinesh. The owner of my LCS was at one of these meetings with several other people and said Dinesh introduced them to an editor for them to hire (he didn't catch her name) and some creators who were their including Frank Miller, again he was suggesting they work with them. He said Alien and Dinesh talked Valiant for a little while but that they spent most of the time talking about something else Dinesh was working with them on. He only knew that other thing involved Joshua Dysart and Robert Venditti because both those names came up and he remembered since he's friends with both of them.
Wtf man this is all giving me anxiety.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

TheFerg714 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:17:37 am
syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:16:20 am Love it or hate it this is what I was told

which part? I'm just saying what I've been told. I'm sure it will be debated about whether its true or made up or fake.

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

double down on this junk.

did "your lcs" also win the lottery, and lemme guess... they still have a weekly phone call with Stan Lee?

You won't name the shop because... we wouldn't know the shop, because it's from Canada, and you met it at summer camp.

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:27:43 am

which part? I'm just saying what I've been told. I'm sure it will be debated about whether its true or made up or fake.
It all sounds pretty awesome, or at the least, extremely intriguing. All of your posts about Alien + Bad Idea's Valiant 2024 nonsense is making me very excited/anxious/trepidatious/annoyed.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:46:02 am

did "your lcs" also win the lottery, and lemme guess... they still have a weekly phone call with Stan Lee?

You won't name the shop because... we wouldn't know the shop, because it's from Canada, and you met it at summer camp.
The store could easily post here if they wanted to. They know how and know about these discussions.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

TheFerg714 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:07:38 am
syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:27:43 am

It all sounds pretty awesome, or at the least, extremely intriguing. All of your posts about Alien + Bad Idea's Valiant 2024 nonsense is making me very excited/anxious/trepidatious/annoyed.
Me too. Which is why im posting. In case anyone has any thoughts that i havent thought about. always fun to discuss even if its not true. in my experience these types of things are always based in some fact. rumors dont come out of nonwhere.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Ryan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:10:30 am Image
thank you

slack

Post by slack »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:26:22 pm

The store could easily post here if they wanted to. They know how and know about these discussions.
WOW. Well that totally proves your point. In light of this new info that your comic shop could post here, "if they want to", how can they possibly be made up?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:59:34 pm

WOW. Well that totally proves your point. In light of this new info that your comic shop could post here, "if they want to", how can they possibly be made up?
I'm not trying to convince anyone they are made up. I'm posting what I've been told and we can all wait and see what happens.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:04:05 pm

I'm not trying to convince anyone they are made up. I'm posting what I've been told and we can all wait and see what happens.
But we don't have to when we have two people from VALIANT/Alien telling us what's up.

Ward is telling you that she is the one that speaks to retailers and that she hasn't told anyone anything that you are reporting.

Clearly, you mistrust her as a source, likely because you feel burned by DMG.

My suggestion to you is that instead of continuing to post more of these unconfirmed reports you wait and see whether or not they were right or whether or not they were wrong.

Honestly, bringing Frank Miller into this automatically makes the whole thing questionable. He literally has no horse in this race. His connection to VALIANT boils down to a few covers three decades ago. And not only does he have his own comic book projects going on, but would not be a draw to get people to read VALIANT. And I think he has health issues too, no?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

slack

Post by slack »

Unfortunately, it seems you've gotten your info from an entity that you have made up.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:12:47 pm

But we don't have to when we have two people from VALIANT/Alien telling us what's up.

Ward is telling you that she is the one that speaks to retailers and that she hasn't told anyone anything that you are reporting.

Clearly, you mistrust her as a source, likely because you feel burned by DMG.

My suggestion to you is that instead of continuing to post more of these unconfirmed reports you wait and see whether or not they were right or whether or not they were wrong.

Honestly, bringing Frank Miller into this automatically makes the whole thing questionable. He literally has no horse in this race. His connection to VALIANT boils down to a few covers three decades ago. And not only does he have his own comic book projects going on, but would not be a draw to get people to read VALIANT. And I think he has health issues too, no?
A sensible approach that I will adopt. I sincerely hope my LCS is proven to be correct so I can do what some are accusing me of and only share any future information with those who did not immediately pull out pitchforks

daniellew61
Still Valiant after all these years.

Post by daniellew61 »

But no one is talking to your LCS from Valiant. Or Alien.
Which is where the lie is.
If the store is saying it's true, and swearing it, they are the ones getting lied to - and we need to fix that.
You as a fan even should be worried someone is catfishing, and it should be checked out, - which is what someone else also said to you in one of these threads.
Also, why wouldn't you want me to know who they are? then they can actually be reached out to, and actually told some information ahead of time before it breaks, which is what we do. Also, my promos list and stuff.
So...

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

daniellew61 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:48:23 pm But no one is talking to your LCS from Valiant. Or Alien.
If the store is saying it's true, and swearing it, they are the ones getting lied to - and we need to fix that.
You as a fan even should be worried someone is catfishing, and it should be checked out, - which is what someone else also said to you in one of these threads.
Also, why wouldn't you want me to know who they are? then they can actually be reached out to, and actually told some information ahead of time before it breaks, which is what we do. Also, my promos list and stuff.
So...
Above my pay grade. And from what I've seen, yours too.

slack

Post by slack »

daniellew61 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:48:23 pm But no one is talking to your LCS from Valiant. Or Alien.
So...
I think syzhang28's little rant, says it all.
All *SQUEE* and feeling lied to for the past 5 years, and not trusting of Valiant... EXCEPT for Valiant higher-ups... those people are paragons of honesty(that evidently had no control the past 5 years, and have nothing to do with the Kickstarter)

Actually, that's a good question... @syzhang28 Why not ask your LCS to ask those "higher-ups" about the Kickstarter?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:58:37 pm
So...
All *SQUEE* and feeling lied to for the past 5 years, and not trusting of Valiant... EXCEPT for Valiant higher-ups... those people are paragons of honesty(that evidently had no control the past 5 years, and have nothing to do with the Kickstarter)

Actually, that's a good question... @syzhang28 Why not ask your LCS to ask those "higher-ups" about the Kickstarter?
I have, everyone at Valiant right now is compromised. NFT's, failed movie projects, theft via kickstarter...

slack

Post by slack »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:14:14 pm
So...

I have, everyone at Valiant right now is compromised. NFT's, failed movie projects, theft via kickstarter...
Then why are you giving credence to "Valiant higher-ups" if they are all "compromised"?

daniellew61

Post by daniellew61 »

They know each other and do business. They were at SDCC. Bad Idea also had a huge party everyone at SDCC was at.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:18:18 pm
So...

Then why are you giving credence to "Valiant higher-ups" if they are all "compromised"?
I'm just passing on information, not giving credence

slack

Post by slack »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:28:01 pm
So...

you've backed up none of that information.

Watch:

My LCS told me that they heard from :hm: Valiant Higher-ups that Dan Mintz was able to legally enslave syzhang28 thru some crazy contractual magic. Now, apparently, syzhang28 will be personally hand delivering each Kickstarter book to the Backers... and it's happening this October!

See, my LCS heard it from Valiant higher ups.

I'm just passing info I "heard". Don't ask me for proof... Valiant lied to you before, so you shouldn't ask me for proof of my statement.

See you in October, I guess.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

slack wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:51:56 pm
So...

you've backed up none of that information.

Watch:

My LCS told me that they heard from :hm: Valiant Higher-ups that Dan Mintz was able to legally enslave syzhang28 thru some crazy contractual magic. Now, apparently, syzhang28 will be personally hand delivering each Kickstarter book to the Backers... and it's happening this October!

See, my LCS heard it from Valiant higher ups.

I'm just passing info I "heard". Don't ask me for proof... Valiant lied to you before, so you shouldn't ask me for proof of my statement.

See you in October, I guess.
Exactly. The very definition of take it or leave it information. You can believe or not believe, its a free country.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

So...

Truest thing any of us have said in any of these threads.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

So...
Maybe the shop is just messing with him. "What nonsense can we come up with this week?"
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246