ETERNAL WARRIOR: SCORCHED EARTH

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?
Re: ETERNAL WARRIOR: SCORCHED EARTH

Post by slack »

mine says the same. it was pretty infuriating to get an email with a tracking link that stayed dead for over a week.
getting a tracking number implies there is movement to track... it does not imply that nothing will happen for over a week. in fact, once you get a tracking number, you really should have the package within a week at that point.

Dan Minsk is a piece of garbage. everything he touches suffers.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

I got my 'shipped' confirmation email today (coming to the UK); it will be interesting how long long it takes to arrive given the festive period is imminent.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

leonmallett wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:06:18 pm I got my 'shipped' confirmation email today (coming to the UK); it will be interesting how long long it takes to arrive given the festive period is imminent.
Got mine today too. :hope:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

nycjadie wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:52:22 pm
leonmallett wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:06:18 pm I got my 'shipped' confirmation email today (coming to the UK); it will be interesting how long long it takes to arrive given the festive period is imminent.
Got mine today too. :hope:
Same here
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slack

Post by slack »

Mine showed up with dents on the cover. top corner was dented enough to dent some pages also.

I'm pretty damn displeased. it was just tossed in a box with not enough paper to protect/immobilize it.

Anyone figure out how to view the Augmented Reality feature on the cover?

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

slack wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:20:46 pm Mine showed up with dents on the cover. top corner was dented enough to dent some pages also.

I'm pretty damn displeased. it was just tossed in a box with not enough paper to protect/immobilize it.
FFS. Sorry that happened to you - hope this isn’t going to be a thing for everyone, but if it’s poorly packed… :!:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

grendeljd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:30:07 pm
slack wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:20:46 pm Mine showed up with dents on the cover. top corner was dented enough to dent some pages also.

FFS. Sorry that happened to you - hope this isn’t going to be a thing for everyone, but if it’s poorly packed… :!:
A couple of people have commented on the damage on Facebook. I dread the condition it will be after crossing from one continent to another.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

I haven’t received mine yet but I’ll report back on condition, etc. I believe I got the highest tier it close to it.

slack

Post by slack »

We should also mention that some are supposed to have Augmented Reality features on the cover... I didn't receive any info about it for mine...

Did anyone else get the gold cover, but no Augmented reality info?

Did anyone actually get info about it?

The book is 40 bucks more, and the only discernable difference is the gold color... I'm pretty sure we paid a premium for a feature that was removed after it was paid for.

I don't mind them canceling the feature... but I don't want to pay for it. I believe partial refunds are in order.

slack

Post by slack »

Augmented reality code released in a Kickstarter update.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Wasn’t the augmented reality thing for the book scrapped after Travis (the designer) quit at Valiant? I remember reading about that somewhere - I thought he was the only guy they had who knew how to do that… unless they found someone else that figured it out after all?

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

leonmallett wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:27:50 am
grendeljd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:30:07 pm

A couple of people have commented on the damage on Facebook. I dread the condition it will be after crossing from one continent to another.
Yikes. Fingers crossed for you dude - hope yours will be ok :hope:

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Received my copy on Saturday. Box had a big “Fragile: Handle with Care” sticker on it. Packaging was as described: just some paper around the book, which was in a plastic bag with the bookmark and order info. Luckily, mine was not damaged at all. Yet to read it, but the quality of the cover, binding, printing and paper is good. That was probably my biggest concern given all the delays and supply issues.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

Mine came yesterday. A box that could have fit four copies when a Gemini mailer would have been ideal. Thankfully no noticable damage. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the awful, generic spine treatment will look dumb on the shelf.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Got my copy today - thankfully undamaged but that could have gone badly considering that packaging. Tissue paper around the book isn’t much help when it slides around inside the box!

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

My copy arrived in the UK a couple of days ago with no obvious damage. I look forward to reading it soon.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

leonmallett wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:24:00 am My copy arrived in the UK a couple of days ago with no obvious damage. I look forward to reading it soon.
:clap: :thumb:

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

I received mine in great order. All items were included. The holo stickers are pretty awesome. I got a sketch as well of Bloodshot. I’m happy. But, I see I placed my order in October 2021, and just received it in December 2023. That’s a long time.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

nycjadie wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:44:52 am I received mine in great order. All items were included. The holo stickers are pretty awesome. I got a sketch as well of Bloodshot. I’m happy. But, I see I placed my order in October 2021, and just received it in December 2023. That’s a long time.
For a long time, try being a backer of Rob Liefeld's Brigade Returns Kickstarter....

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

leonmallett wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:58:10 am
nycjadie wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:44:52 am I received mine in great order. All items were included. The holo stickers are pretty awesome. I got a sketch as well of Bloodshot. I’m happy. But, I see I placed my order in October 2021, and just received it in December 2023. That’s a long time.
For a long time, try being a backer of Rob Liefeld's Brigade Returns Kickstarter....
Still waiting for that one too....

GammaJosh
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

Received my copy as well and I am happy. Yes they rolled the dice with sub-optimal packing, but my copy and add-ons all arrived undamaged. Mainly I am happy that the paper, printing and binding quality all seem good. I never read the digital copy and am looking forward to reading this soon.

unityshadowman
Favorite character: Shadowman (V1)
Favorite title: Divinity/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire
Favorite artist: Cowan/Larosa

Post by unityshadowman »

I received mine too, and thankfully/miraculously arrived intact and undamaged. Had two editions shipped: the gold(special deluxe edition) and the silver/white version(standard hardcover) along with some add-ons, so hopefully that helped protect the items in a bigger-than-needed shipping box. Seriously, the poor quality and care with shipping this long overdue kickstarter was just the cherry on top of this frustratingly bad experience. You guys weren't kidding about the trivially, careless paper wrapped books. :!: Not a way to project pride of a finished work nor respect for their supporters/backers. Customer Service needs some work....

I'm with you nycjadie, my original "You just backed..." email stated: "Estimated delivery: Nov 2022" :(

Happy to now just put this all behind us.
Help us build the X-O Micro Print Gallery:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=48431

slack

Post by slack »

I'm not even remotely kidding here...

I contacted backerkit and when they saw the damage to my book, they agreed to have another sent... it arrived with a deeper corner dent than the first one.

I made a lot of comments on valiantfans.com , Facebook, Twitter, reddit, Kickstarter... I even reached out to Bleeding Cool to get that article written about the Kickstarter going silent.

I'm starting to think I'm getting dented books on purpose.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:34:24 pm I'm not even remotely kidding here...

I contacted backerkit and when they saw the damage to my book, they agreed to have another sent... it arrived with a deeper corner dent than the first one.

I made a lot of comments on valiantfans.com , Facebook, Twitter, reddit, Kickstarter... I even reached out to Bleeding Cool to get that article written about the Kickstarter going silent.

I'm starting to think I'm getting dented books on purpose.
Maybe it's a local postage carrier that isn't taking good care of them? Maybe the damage happens right before it's sent to your house?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

slack

Post by slack »

neither box had any noticeable damage... the replacement was wrapped in fat bubble wrap.

I think they were damaged when they went in the box.