Hmm...is Days of Steel (EW Vol 3) tied into continuity?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Hmm...is Days of Steel (EW Vol 3) tied into continuity?

Post by Oxmyx »

I saw on a website that Days of Steel came after Unity Vol 5 (but before 6) in their reading order.

Since EW Sword of the Wild didn't really tie in with the larger continuity I didn't think Vol 3 mattered much in terms of reading order. But damn that's a good title

I'm trying to stay in generally coherent reading order, but I really messed that up when I read The Valiant (but so worth it)
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: Hmm...is Days of Steel (EW Vol 3) tied into continuity?

Post by kjjohanson »

Oxmyx wrote:I saw on a website that Days of Steel came after Unity Vol 5 (but before 6) in their reading order.

Since EW Sword of the Wild didn't really tie in with the larger continuity I didn't think Vol 3 mattered much in terms of reading order. But damn that's a good title

I'm trying to stay in generally coherent reading order, but I really messed that up when I read The Valiant (but so worth it)
It's been a while since I read it, but didn't Days of Steel take place entirely in the past? (i.e. there was no contemporary narrator, right?) If so, then I don't think it really matters where you read it. I don't recall there being anything revealed that makes a difference in continuity.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

kjjohanson wrote:
Oxmyx wrote:I saw on a website that Days of Steel came after Unity Vol 5 (but before 6) in their reading order.

It's been a while since I read it, but didn't Days of Steel take place entirely in the past? (i.e. there was no contemporary narrator, right?) If so, then I don't think it really matters where you read it. I don't recall there being anything revealed that makes a difference in continuity.
I agree, I remember it as a stand alone story from the past.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

jmatt wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:

Definitely can be read asa a stand-alone!

Oxmyx
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

nycjadie wrote:
jmatt wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:

Definitely can be read asa a stand-alone!
Thanks everyone! That's the info I needed! Now I need to find a copy, haha.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

I don't think Days of Steel really has much to do with anything else. It's just a fun side story about Gilad's past. It came out before The Valiant, but it really doesn't matter when you read it.