VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT June 2019 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

https://www.newsarama.com/44406-valiant ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT June 2019 Solicitations

Post by nycjadie »

Britannia Deluxe & NInja-K Deluxe!

Bloodshot Omnibus!

Valiant Handbook!

:clap:

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.

Post by possumgrease »

I'll take the deluxe editions, the omnibus and the handbook please.

My wife is going to kill me... :?

But seriously, that June pre-order is going to be massive if I add a few omnis and that colossal COIE box set from DC .

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

So excited for the deluxes and the omni but what has happened to my beautiful Valiant??? These books all sound lame and this has to be the worst month for covers in Valiant history. The Psilords ones are especially hard to get excited about. My favorite thing has to be the handbook pitch that there are "more than 208 characters". Did they stop counting at 208? :lol: Did they think 209 didn't sound as good as more than 208? Are they trying to trick us into thinking there are 210?...Why not say there are more than 200?? Actually, who reads that there are 200+ characters and says wow, I'm buying that! I mean it's "'handbook" is in the title!

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

syzhang28 wrote:So excited for the deluxes and the omni but what has happened to my beautiful Valiant??? These books all sound lame and this has to be the worst month for covers in Valiant history. The Psilords ones are especially hard to get excited about. My favorite thing has to be the handbook pitch that there are "more than 208 characters". Did they stop counting at 208? :lol: Did they think 209 didn't sound as good as more than 208? Are they trying to trick us into thinking there are 210?...Why not say there are more than 200?? Actually, who reads that there are 200+ characters and says wow, I'm buying that! I mean it's "'handbook" is in the title!
The Toyo and Mambo covers look amazing to me. The Massafera cover is off the hook. But yes, there are some doozies, and they are using more and more artists new to Valiant. Not sure how that will shake out.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

nycjadie wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:So excited for the deluxes and the omni but what has happened to my beautiful Valiant??? These books all sound lame and this has to be the worst month for covers in Valiant history. The Psilords ones are especially hard to get excited about. My favorite thing has to be the handbook pitch that there are "more than 208 characters". Did they stop counting at 208? :lol: Did they think 209 didn't sound as good as more than 208? Are they trying to trick us into thinking there are 210?...Why not say there are more than 200?? Actually, who reads that there are 200+ characters and says wow, I'm buying that! I mean it's "'handbook" is in the title!
The Toyo and Mambo covers look amazing to me. The Massafera cover is off the hook. But yes, there are some doozies, and they are using more and more artists new to Valiant. Not sure how that will shake out.
Maybe it's just me then but the Brereton Punk Mambo covers looks lazy - he did super flat art for 90% of the cover and then the logo covers half of the only part that he spent time drawing. The Mack cover, who I usually love, looks like Kanye West.

The Toyo and Massafera covers do look great...but weren't those from before DMG? When Warren and Dinesh were doing covers?

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

syzhang28 wrote:
nycjadie wrote:
Maybe it's just me then but the Brereton Punk Mambo covers looks lazy - he did super flat art for 90% of the cover and then the logo covers half of the only part that he spent time drawing. The Mack cover, who I usually love, looks like Kanye West.

The Toyo and Massafera covers do look great...but weren't those from before DMG? When Warren and Dinesh were doing covers?
I don't know about the before or after DMG-takeover, but I've always had a hard time with some of the covers. Look at Faith...

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Did anyone else note that the PSI-Lords solicit mentions that its set in the modern-era Valiant U? That raises an eyebrow - I thought it was going to be a 4002-era book. Still hoping this one is going to be a great read though! I also have to agree with the lack of enthusiasm for the cover art so far for this title. I don't mind the 'police line-up' one, its well executed although a tad too cartoony for my tastes.

2019 handbook is a great idea - looking forward to that!

I am getting the Punk Mambo pre-order editions with Adam Gorham covers - thankfully. I might actually double up on that for the Brereton covers though, this one especially looks pretty cool to me.

Definite print-copy buys:
Harada
Punk Mambo
Valiant Handbook

Digital buys, depending on how they look at a glance:
PSI-Lords
Fallen World

Not buying:
Livewire
Bloodshot: Rising Spirit
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zhuge1
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Zhuge1 »

I'm glad to see the Bloodshot Classic Omnibus!

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

I cant belive they are running rising sperit to 8 issues. What a stupid series. A big hole in my colections and Ive dropped the title.
Unfortunately done with bloodshot now.
Psy lords sounds interesting and a promis to be ongoing. Im goint to give it a shot.
Im so disapointed ladoth special edition has regular cover not that nice card stock we were promised and grown to expect.
I Miss the good old days.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Deluxes in June, July, and September.

BEAUTIFUL!
Moose

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

nonplayer wrote:I cant belive they are running rising sperit to 8 issues. What a stupid series. A big hole in my colections and Ive dropped the title.
Psy lords sounds interesting and a promis to be ongoing. Im goint to give it a shot.
Im so disapointed ladoth special edition has regular cover not that nice card stock we were promised and grown to expect.
DMG have some how turned Bloodshot from Valiant's flagship character to one the fans won't even pick up...at a time when a movie is coming out :!:

Meanwhile, the guy that made him the flagship is making the movie so :clap: :hope:

As for the LADOTH, I think the cover stock was a Dinesh thing. Looks like they are trying to cut corners thesedays.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

grendeljd wrote:I don't mind the 'police line-up' one, its well executed although a tad too cartoony for my tastes.
Cartoony yes but also clearly a rip off of Guardians of the Galaxy 1...which is a strange thing to do. Why would you want Valiant to look like Marvel lite as someone from the boards used to say.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

FALLEN WORLD #2 (of 5)
LIVEWIRE #7
PSI-LORDS #1
PUNK MAMBO #3 (of 5)
THE LIFE AND DEATH OF TOYO HARADA #4 (of 6)
VALIANT UNIVERSE HANDBOOK: 2019 EDITION

BRITANNIA DELUXE EDITION HC*

NINJA-K DELUXE EDITION HC*

*Maybe... :?
#StayValiant

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

syzhang28 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:I cant belive they are running rising sperit to 8 issues. What a stupid series. A big hole in my colections and Ive dropped the title.
DMG have some how turned Bloodshot from Valiant's flagship character to one the fans won't even pick up...at a time when a movie is coming out :!:

Meanwhile, the guy that made him the flagship is making the movie so :clap: :hope:

As for the LADOTH, I think the cover stock was a Dinesh thing. Looks like they are trying to cut corners thesedays.
I understand that cover stock was very expensive with no additional price increase.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

This is actually the first month in a while that I'm hyped for every single comic, although this could change.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Britannia Deluxe is the first VALIANT item I'll be picking up in some time.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

syzhang28 wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

Ya know, I just can't stomach that Brereton Punk Mambo cover, are we seriously trying to mix anime with punk ideology? Pretty, pretty pin up punk, oh so cute :lol: :lol:

On the flip side, any time you can get essentially the middle finger on a comic book cover, it's a winner. I am surprised that Valiant let it slip, kudos to Delara, this is the cover I would want!
Moose

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

syzhang28 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:I don't mind the 'police line-up' one, its well executed although a tad too cartoony for my tastes.
Cartoony yes but also clearly a rip off of Guardians of the Galaxy 1...which is a strange thing to do. Why would you want Valiant to look like Marvel lite as someone from the boards used to say.
I have my hopes it wont be gardians of the galaxy. Im hoping for more lost in space trying to survive adventures.
If its cartoony or the art or story is bad DMG will only make the price of one book off me. I'm not playing anymore or waiting and hoping they right the ship to me it broad side in the water and Ive secured my life boat. Still standing on the hypothetical deck but ready to pull that inflate toggle.
I Miss the good old days.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:Did anyone else note that the PSI-Lords solicit mentions that its set in the modern-era Valiant U? That raises an eyebrow - I thought it was going to be a 4002-era book.
I read this to mean modern-era Valiant as in relaunch 2012 Valiant as opposed to VH1. So it still might be set in 4002. :?

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Did anyone else note that the PSI-Lords solicit mentions that its set in the modern-era Valiant U? That raises an eyebrow - I thought it was going to be a 4002-era book.
I read this to mean modern-era Valiant as in relaunch 2012 Valiant as opposed to VH1. So it still might be set in 4002. :?
Good point. Keeping my fingers crossed it *is* a 4002 book!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Bloodshot Rising Spirit #8: "Will we finally learn the secret behind Bloodshot's origin?!"

Yeah, we learned that 2012-2018, and now they've retconned the whole *SQUEE*' thing, so who gives a damn? :?

Bloodshot omnibus looks nice, although I already own all that stuff so don't really need to duplicate that stuff. Glad to see a Britannia deluxe too, that'll be a nice book :)
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:Maybe it's just me then but the Brereton Punk Mambo covers looks lazy - he did super flat art for 90% of the cover and then the logo covers half of the only part that he spent time drawing.
Ya know, I just can't stomach that Brereton Punk Mambo cover, are we seriously trying to mix anime with punk ideology? Pretty, pretty pin up punk, oh so cute :lol: :lol:

On the flip side, any time you can get essentially the middle finger on a comic book cover, it's a winner. I am surprised that Valiant let it slip, kudos to Delara, this is the cover I would want!
The Delara cover is the one that looks simple/anime and the Brereton cover is the one in the cemetery (check the signatures).

mramsterdam
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by mramsterdam »

syzhang28 wrote:

There is supposed to be another Bloodshot series after this series.And it can't be worst than the current one. :hope:
I-Only judge porn by the cover.

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

I haven't read the current Bloodshot series yet. Is it really that bad?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.