A+A #11 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
A+A #11 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Faith #7], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr98/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valiant_Shortbox
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Aram Anni Pada
Favorite title: Bloodshot Reborn
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Re: A+A #11 Discussion

Post by Valiant_Shortbox »

I had a great time with this issue. I'm not gonna lie, the series was a rough start for me. As I've heard others say in previous podcasts and posts, it was a difficult transition from the Fred Van Lente run... at least for me. But I kept with it, and the series has been growing on me. It's just a bunch of fun, and I love that now. I really like how they summed up the Davey storyline. That was pretty funny, actually. I could see how some might think the whole story with Davey was out of place and unnecessary, but I found it humorous, and this conclusion was solid. I wonder if we'll see more Davey in the future?

My favorite line: "Don't give me those puppy dog eyes! You can't go around trying to eat babies!"

Can't wait to see how this all ends. I hope they can stick the landing.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Valiant_Shortbox wrote: I wonder if we'll see more Davey in the future?
I want Davey to go back in the bag along with the bagmaker and never see either of them again.

But otherwise the issue was okay. Interested to see how they wrap it up, but not sad to see this one end. Maybe Kindt will do a better job when he writes this title too? facepalm
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Valiant_Shortbox
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Aram Anni Pada
Favorite title: Bloodshot Reborn
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire

Post by Valiant_Shortbox »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
I want Davey to go back in the bag along with the bagmaker and never see either of them again.

But otherwise the issue was okay. Interested to see how they wrap it up, but not sad to see this one end. Maybe Kindt will do a better job when he writes this title too? facepalm
I will admit the Davey story with the bagmaker was VERY dragged out, which made it kind of irritating. But I found the last few issues, where they actually cross paths with Archer & Armstrong, kind of entertaining.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

On the cover, Archer is standing with a guitar. On the guitar, a sticker that says "Pink Slip". :hm:

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Phoenix8008 wrote:

:clap: it does feel like Kindt is dipping his toes into a lot of Valiant properties doesn't it!

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

jmatt wrote:On the cover, Archer is standing with a guitar. On the guitar, a sticker that says "Pink Slip". :hm:
:clap: