Dynamite

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
Dynamite

Post by slym2none »

That is all.

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: Dynamite (sucks!)

Post by Beware Cyclops »

:hm: But how do you really feel?

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

:clap:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

I would also like to add that Nick Barrucci sucks

edit:
greg maybe something should be added for when anyone types Nick Barrucci too :hm:
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

Brother Darque
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Brother Darque »

as soon as Captain Victory and Justice Inc are done I will stop fallowing them for a while.

Thomas
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda

Post by Thomas »

Well Dynamite is the company that thinks that letting Rob Liefeld drawn something is a good idea.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Dynamite (sucks!) (sucks!)

Post by grendeljd »

Brother Darque wrote:as soon as Captain Victory and Justice Inc are done I will stop fallowing them for a while.
So... You... will not let your collecting field of Dynamite go to rest? So... you're going to keep collecting dynamite, even though dynamite ? ... :hm:

:P
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

Dynamite Sucks ! And sucks some more !
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

Manaf82
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2010
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Manaf82 »

Dynamite
Feel my "SQUEEING SQUEE"

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Ok.. I've only read the first few issues of each DynaKey book. Why does Dynamite suck so much?

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

TheFerg714 wrote:Ok.. I've only read the first few issues of each DynaKey book. Why does Dynamite (sucks!) suck so much?
facepalm :funnypost:
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.

Post by Tim »

TheFerg714 wrote:Ok.. I've only read the first few issues of each DynaKey book. Why does Dynamite (sucks!) suck so much?
A lot of members don't like Dynamit's (admittedly sketchy) business practices, in particular perceived (and probably legitimate) injustices committed against VEI. Even though VEI either doesn't mind, has some arrangement that we don't know about or is just taking the high road and not publicly commenting on it and even though a couple of the books are being written by VEI alumnus (including Valiant Architect Fred Van Lente) who appear to be enjoying their work, threads discussing the books on their own merit by people who are enjoying them based on nothing more than how they stand up as comic books are hijacked and degrade into piling on and unrelated off-topic commentary that would probably be frowned upon in threads on any other subject.

:thumb:

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Baramos »

I've only read the first few issues of each, Turok was bad, but both Magnus and Doctor Solar seemed to be promising, even if the humor in Magnus was trying to be "too edgy", and I didn't quite get where Solar was going. I admit I've been out of the loop on them for several months, though.

Tim

Post by Tim »

Baramos wrote: I admit I've been out of the loop on them for several months, though.
You're probably not as out of the loop as you think because they haven't really shipped a lot for several months. :lol: Magnus has been dragging the last two or so issues. The humor in Magnus is typical FVL, which isn't really my thing, but a lot of people have been enjoying in Archer and Armstrong and Magnus. It's less pronounced in Magnus, I think. Turok has been steadily improving. I really liked the story with Genghis Khan and the Mongols. The Miyazawa art is a lot better than the guy who started with the series and the Jae Lee covers are awesome as usual. Still hard to get used to Andar being an a$$hole. And the dialogue is weird, but I'm getting used to it.

Solar was and continues to be one of the worst books on the stands. I didn't bother with Doctor Spektor as I don't know or particularly care about the character, but if and when I see them in a quarter box I'll pick them up just because Mark Waid is involved.

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Dynamite (sucks!) (sucks!) (sucks!)

Post by grendeljd »

Tim wrote:
Baramos wrote: I admit I've been out of the loop on them for several months, though.
You're probably not as out of the loop as you think because they haven't really shipped a lot for several months. :lol: Magnus has been dragging the last two or so issues. The humor in Magnus is typical FVL, which isn't really my thing, but a lot of people have been enjoying in Archer and Armstrong and Magnus. It's less pronounced in Magnus, I think. Turok has been steadily improving. I really liked the story with Genghis Khan and the Mongols. The Miyazawa art is a lot better than the guy who started with the series and the Jae Lee covers are awesome as usual. Still hard to get used to Andar being an a$$hole. And the dialogue is weird, but I'm getting used to it.

Solar was and continues to be one of the worst books on the stands. I didn't bother with Doctor Spektor as I don't know or particularly care about the character, but if and when I see them in a quarter box I'll pick them up just because Mark Waid is involved.
Such a ringing endorsement! I guess I should have tried them out before now... :hm:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

grendeljd wrote:
Tim wrote:

Such a ringing endorsement! I guess I should have tried them out before now... :hm:
:lol:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Baramos

Post by Baramos »

The humor in Magnus did not seem as strong as it is in A&A. A&A to me is definitely funnier.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

I just wanted to see the code Greg implemented for typing the word "Dynamite". That's the only reason this particular thread exists.

:D

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
Re: Dynamite (sucks!) (sucks!) (sucks!)

Post by StarBrand »

Tim wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:Ok.. I've only read the first few issues of each DynaKey book. Why does Dynamite (sucks!) (sucks!) suck so much?
A lot of members don't like Dynamit's (admittedly sketchy) business practices, in particular perceived (and probably legitimate) injustices committed against VEI. Even though VEI either doesn't mind, has some arrangement that we don't know about or is just taking the high road and not publicly commenting on it and even though a couple of the books are being written by VEI alumnus (including Valiant Architect Fred Van Lente) who appear to be enjoying their work, threads discussing the books on their own merit by people who are enjoying them based on nothing more than how they stand up as comic books are hijacked and degrade into piling on and unrelated off-topic commentary that would probably be frowned upon in threads on any other subject.

:thumb:
Very well said, Tim.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting

Post by David_Cody »

Slym, you crack me UP! :clap:

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

lorddunlow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Tim wrote:

:lol:
:wink:

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Dynamite Shaft

came out today. just wanted the censor to have fun with that :thumb:
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PSN- gorakthebunny

Captain Craig
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

With the Gold Key era ending at Dynamite they can now tell luke warm stories about Jungle Jim & Prince Valiant now.
Clearly that's the next shift for them.

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

:hm:

maybe now they'll start doing some books about Nintendo characters or pro wrestlers. copy it old school.

PSN- gorakthebunny

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

What if I wanted to legitimately post something about a stick of dynamite?
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.