Newsstands Exist From This Line?

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
Newsstands Exist From This Line?

Post by StarBrand »

Mile High has a Magnus 1 listed as a newsstand for sale.

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backi ... 20A%20NEWS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They also have a Doctor Solar 1 newsstand listed.

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backi ... 20A%20NEWS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Newsstands Exist From This Line?

Post by Chiclo »

Pics or it didn't happen.

I looked at every picture of Magnus 1 and Doctor Solar 1 on eBay trying to find a newsstand for about three weeks and gave up.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Ditto

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

I wish I'd had the foresight to be watching the newsstands when this line was being published. :(

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

By all rights, these should not exist. I don't think "they" has the foresight to take a risk that large to try and extend their product to newsstand editions. They had a hard enough time being "somewhat" on schedule. That being the case, I can't see a newsstand edition even being desired by those establishment that carry newsstand editions.

I still don't think they exist but I would like to be proved wrong. :thumb:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

These things are like Bigfoots.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Yeah but Mile High has been wrong before and I've been doing a bit of looking around to find nothing. :wink:

Had you heard about these newsstand editions before coming across the Mile High listing ?

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Knightt wrote:Yeah but Mile High has been wrong before and I've been doing a bit of looking around to find nothing. :wink:

Had you heard about these newsstand editions before coming across the Mile High listing ?
No. Only when I came across the Mile High listings. I'm in your camp, btw. I will believe they exist when we document them. Since I've seen lots of other Dark Horse issues on newsstands, I think that may support the chances of their existence a bit, though.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

StarBrand wrote:
Knightt wrote:Yeah but Mile High has been wrong before and I've been doing a bit of looking around to find nothing. :wink:

No. Only when I came across the Mile High listings. I'm in your camp, btw. I will believe they exist when we document them. Since I've seen lots of other Dark Horse issues on newsstands, I think that may support the chances of their existence a bit, though.
Right on, man.

Can you show me some examples? :hope:

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

StarBrand wrote:

One way to tell if any exist out there is by looking at the UPC box pics to see if it says "DH Special" or "Dark Horse Presents" instead of "Direct Sales" which is what comic shops get. Barnes & Noble started selling newsstand copies in the Summer of 2011 so that would have been at the tail end of the DarkKey line. Maybe Turok #4 or Mighty Samson #4 have newsstand versions since those came out well after the Summer of 2011 if Barnes & Nobles actually ordered them.

The newsstand comics i've seen Dark Horse sell have mainly been for Star wars, Buffy, Mass Effect and now Halo.

Borders used to sell newsstand comics before it went out of business. Not sure if any Magnus/Solar #1s ever made it to them. The erratic releases of those early books probably didn't help.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Knightt wrote:
StarBrand wrote:

Right on, man.

Can you show me some examples? :hope:
I know I've seen a number of Dark Horse Star Wars comics on the newsstands. Other than those, I don't have ay specific recollection of other Dark Horse comics I've seen on the newsstands. I didn't buy any. (You'll note the post directly above this one wherein VikingSpawn mentions some Dark Horse issues he's seen on the newsstands).

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Got it, but they are not Magnus or Doctor Solar.

Seriously, it boils down to seeing one to confirm it's existence.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Knightt wrote:Got it, but they are not Magnus or Doctor Solar.

Seriously, it boils down to seeing one to confirm it's existence.
I agree.