Unity 2000 #4 art for sale ebay?

Discussions of VALIANT art, artists, and the creation process. Share your latest acquisitions,
or find help in learning about original art.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DK2
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Unity 2000 #4 art for sale ebay?

Post by DK2 »

Sorry if this may have been brought up before, I know Unity 2000 is incomplete but theres an auction for art from #4 which we know doesn't exist. Did it get to the point Jim Starlin had actually drawn the issue? IIf so I had no clue about that.
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jim-Starlin-Ori ... 53fb194bf9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Unity 200 #4 art for sale ebay?

Post by magnusr »

DK2 wrote:Sorry if this may have been brought up before, I know Unity 2000 is incomplete but theres an auction for art from #4 which we know doesn't exist. Did it get to the point Jim Starlin had actually drawn the issue? IIf so I had no clue about that.
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jim-Starlin-Ori ... 53fb194bf9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All plot and art was completed and scripts for five issues. And some fans are slowly trying to create a script for issue 6.

/Magnus

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
Re: Unity 200 #4 art for sale ebay?

Post by kevinbastos »

magnusr wrote:
DK2 wrote:Sorry if this may have been brought up before, I know Unity 2000 is incomplete but theres an auction for art from #4 which we know doesn't exist. Did it get to the point Jim Starlin had actually drawn the issue? IIf so I had no clue about that.
All plot and art was completed and scripts for five issues. And some fans are slowly trying to create a script for issue 6.

/Magnus
Slowly may be the biggest understatement ever. It could be compared to the Beach Boys's SMiLE or Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

DK2
Re: Unity 2000 #4 art for sale ebay?

Post by DK2 »

Well why don't the fans all get together and recreate this the rest of Unity 2000? I imagine its the fans that may have all the unused completed art pages. That'd be so cool. Thats probably a nightmare idea itself.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I believe there was a fan project on the Valiant Collectors Society board that completed Unity 2000.

DK2

Post by DK2 »

Any way to get this book or fan replication or whatever it is? Or watch/read it digitally?

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

DK2 wrote:Any way to get this book or fan replication or whatever it is? Or watch/read it digitally?
+1000
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Your best bet would be to post a question about it on the VCS board.

DK2

Post by DK2 »

It looks dead about the fan attempt to make a book. From what I can tell the art is done all the way to issue #6. Jim Starlin seems to have actually completed it. But it seems Classic Media made a fuss over it because of their 3 characters. No one has posted on the thread about this fan collection since 2009. Seems dead to me. So is this really dead or have there been other attempts? I don't wish to sign up to another forum board at VCS. So if anyone from that forum or valiant fan can say anything on this thanks.

Magnus9178
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Ron Marz

Post by Magnus9178 »

There has to be something they can do to have the completed story released. Starlin will be in Baltimore this year, so if I remember I'll ask him more about it.

It is very possible this is part of the pile of unreleased stories that VEI has. I know they are bidding their time on how to release certain material but if they would get this stuff out there it would certainly help promote and draw attention to the new universe.