No FCBD issues

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

arghh!
Get those scissors away from my coupons
No FCBD issues

Post by arghh! »

I have hit two stores so far. One had like 50 and they were all gone by the time I got there 30 minutes after they opened. The other store didn't order any!? :!:
One store left to try.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: No FCBD issues

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Sorry you didn't find one yet, but it's great news overall to see the issues flying off the shelves.

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

I was the 30th person in line at the shop and they told me they were out.... no open space on table and no one that I saw had a Valiant issue. I think they were lying about running out of them. Now me and my friends got screwed :!:
I will never go there again :mad:
p.s. there were a 3 per person limit too.... so what the hell!!!

arghh!

Post by arghh! »

Scored at the third shop. He had lots left. I grabbed a couple!

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

My Big store ran out! I just called them after reading this! He said it was the most busy FCBD ever!! I called my backup store and they have some, said hed set one aside for me! :clap:
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

MrBigFeathas
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Gilad/Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by MrBigFeathas »

I'm standing in line at my LCS right now. I'm probably gonna be out of luck too. I've been in line for a half hour almost and I'm not even close to the door. Might not be worth it.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobby97801

Post by bobby97801 »

MrBigFeathas wrote:I'm standing in line at my LCS right now. I'm probably gonna be out of luck too. I've been in line for a half hour almost and I'm not even close to the door. Might not be worth it.
good luck buddy.... I hope you get one :hope:

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

MrBigFeathas wrote:I'm standing in line at my LCS right now. I'm probably gonna be out of luck too. I've been in line for a half hour almost and I'm not even close to the door. Might not be worth it.
Let me know I have a few of them and your only a few hours from me I can just mail one to you. I'll even pay for media shipping.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobby97801

Post by bobby97801 »

betterthanezra wrote:
Let me know I have a few of them and your only a few hours from me I can just mail one to you. I'll even pay for media shipping.

-Brian
i could use 3 if you have extra.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

bobby97801 wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
I should but shipping three of them media to Washington is more then just shipping one to the Bay Area a 100 miles away...

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

bobby97801

Post by bobby97801 »

betterthanezra wrote:
bobby97801 wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
I should but shipping three of them media to Washington is more then just shipping one to the Bay Area a 100 miles away...

-Briain
i will pay for shipping if you have extra

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
Awesome, thank you. I will let you know if I need one. Still have at least an hour of line to wait through.

Thanks.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

Hit four stores today and two were out. I think it's a good sign.
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

MarrowMan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

I was the first one in my store, grabbed 2 Valiant 2012 FCBD's and a bunch of other crap, The new 52, dinos & aliens, bongo 2012, image,the guild/Buffy, star wars/serenity, zombie kid, spider man season 1, the smurfs, and a nice Mouse Guard HC. oh and Chew #20. :P

tssgery

Post by tssgery »

I've not been to an LCS in 3 years.

When I left home, I had an option: Drive 30 minutes south to a crappy LCS or drive 50 minutes north to a new LCS I saw that looks fairly good. Given that I ordered my X-O Manowar #1 copies from DCBS and just want (but don't "need") the fcbd book, I opted for the shorter drive as the crappy LCS is near a store my son wanted to go to.

I made the wrong choice.

Not only did they have non of the fcbd version left, they did not limit the number of books people could take so were out of all fcbd books within an hour. I overheard the pimply faced fanboy employees talking behind the counter about how happy they were that the "regular" customers got all they wanted. This totally defeats the purpose of fcbd to me, this is a great opportunity to bring new readers into the business and shouldn't be used to make sure that the regulars get to hoard all they want. Nevertheless, I asked them if the had any copies of X-O Manowar #1 left to which they responded that they "don't order many non-Marvel or DC books but had gotten 1 or 2, which they had sold a few days ago". at no point while we were there, did any employee take the initiative to engage customers in any conversation or promote the industry; they were too busy standing behind the counter talking amongst themselves about how great the Avengers movie was. I saw lots of people walking around like they were lost and needing help only to leave the store in confusion and empty handed. A perfect opportunity for the store and it goes wasted.

I will not be going back to this store, ever again. My son, who is 21 and also interested in comic books and other items this store sells, has said the same thing.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

My comic shop (Isotope) is rad. I got there about half hour after they opened, and it was packed! They let people take as many as they want, but they had a whole lot of stuff, but a few empty spots on the table. I looked at the table, and there weren't any of the Valiant book. I was bummed.

After a few minutes of browsing through the shop, I saw one of the guys who worked there restocking books, and he restocked the Valiant book. Sweet! I was able to grab one.

Later, as I was walking around, the guy who runs the shop came up and asked me if I got the Valiant book, and then he told me that he put one in my pull box, just to make sure I would get a copy. How awesome is that? I love this shop.

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Well my LCS had a ton. They only let me have one but there were boxes and boxes of them. Maybe he gets more since he created FCBD. Had to wait in line for 2 and a half hours just to get in the shop though. That sucked.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I like the way the shop I went to today does it. They let you have two for free, and then you can buy as many as you want, with the money going to a local library's children's program. If I had known so many of you were going to have problems finding them, I would have picked up a bunch of extras. I'm also bummed that I forgot about the free hardcover Mouse Guard book, as it would have been cool to get a hardcover book for free. I don't even know if they had them when I went as I totally forgot about it.

They also had lots of specials on comics, both back issues and new books, and free Avengers movie posters. I picked up 20 of their normally .25 books which were 10/$1 for the day.

BTW, thanks to VEI for getting me to go into a comic shop today, which helped to recharge my enthusiasm for comics which has been down lately.

tanord

Post by tanord »

tssgery wrote:
at no point while we were there, did any employee take the initiative to engage customers in any conversation or promote the industry; they were too busy standing behind the counter talking amongst themselves about how great the Avengers movie was.

This sounds like a scene in a Clerks movie.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

tanord wrote:
tssgery wrote:
at no point while we were there, did any employee take the initiative to engage customers in any conversation or promote the industry; they were too busy standing behind the counter talking amongst themselves about how great the Avengers movie was.

This sounds like a scene in a Clerks movie.
In their defense, Avengers was really good.

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

MrBigFeathas wrote:Well my LCS had a ton. They only let me have one but there were boxes and boxes of them. Maybe he gets more since he created FCBD. Had to wait in line for 2 and a half hours just to get in the shop though. That sucked.
Flying Colors?

I went there on a FCBD a couple years ago, I remember the entire store being one long line that snaked through all the aisles.

I'm about a mile away from there right now, waiting to meet some folks to see the Avengers.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Dr. Solar wrote:
MrBigFeathas wrote:Well my LCS had a ton. They only let me have one but there were boxes and boxes of them. Maybe he gets more since he created FCBD. Had to wait in line for 2 and a half hours just to get in the shop though. That sucked.
Flying Colors?

I went there on a FCBD a couple years ago, I remember the entire store being one long line that snaked through all the aisles.

I'm about a mile away from there right now, waiting to meet some folks to see the Avengers.
Have Fun Avengers was Awesome :thumb:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

zoso20

Post by zoso20 »

2 stores....0 copies left.....1 store was bad like the one mentioned above. Theother was super helpful and chatty.....they even went in back and dug up an Amy Pond figure for my daughter after hearing her say she needed one to go with the Doctor I got her. Wish that one was not so far away...........2 hour drive to Indy for me.

zoso20

Post by zoso20 »

And yes.... Avengers rocked!

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Flying Colors?

Yep Flying Colors. The line was ridiculous. I had to get my daughter a Tiny Titans TPB to make it up to her for standing in line with me. We were like the 450th people in line by the time I got there.

I'm jealous. I can't see the Avengers til next weekend. No one to babysit this weekend.