**MAYBE SPOILER** in X-O #1

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: **MAYBE SPOILER** in X-O #1

Post by Chiclo »

jmatt wrote:
Crow331 wrote:...then finding out that Gilad is in XO #1 most certainly "spoils" the fun in discovering it for himself.
Not to diagree about it being a spoiler, but if Dinesh hadn't mentioned it, not a single reader would know. He's not addressed in any way you would recognize and he doesn't do or say anything that would make a reader recognize him as Gilad. He doesn't even have a hint of any of Gillie's trademarks like the bearpaw/spiky knuckles or any adornment running the length of his arm.

The only reason this is even a conversation is because someone at VEI hinted at it. If tomorrow they pointed at another anonymous character in the book and said "oo, look, this guy is Master Darque" it'd be the same thing.

Until we see that character do or say something worthy of notice, this conversation is pretty irrelevant.

And just as an aside, if someone does't want to learn of spoilers for Valiant titles, then hanging out on a forum called ValiantFans.com on the day of a 15 year long awaited release is probably a bad idea. :hm: :twocents:
Wait, what? Master Darque is in the book? Is he a roman or something?

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

Crow331 wrote:I don't get your reasoning at all. It's not a spoiler because if Dinesh hadn't mentioned Gilad was in there then no one would know he was in there so it's not a spoiler?? :?

Dinesh mentions Gilad is in XO #1 on Twitter. If I don't have Twitter or if Heath doesn't have Twitter and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board who don't have Twitter don't read that, then I don't know Gilad is in X-O #1.

Now Bugsy comes onto the board and makes a thread with a title that says "Gilad in X-O #1", how did he not just spoil it for everyone who doesn't read Twitter? :!: Oy! OK I'm going to let this drop. I think I've explained pretty well how that title is a spoiler to anyone who doesn't have that information. It's a spoiler by definition.
I think his point is that if you didn't know to look for Gilad you wouldn't know you were looking right at him. It's hard to spoil something like that if you would have never known to look for him in the first place. I didn't find him until the second time through the book and I was looking for him the whole time. That's my opinion anyways.
Crow331 wrote:As far as The Avengers ... I'm kidding!!! I know nothing about a Scarlet Witch and Vision cameo!!! :lol:
facepalm

Well, it's already all over the news sites now, with you quoted as the source. :lol:

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Chiclo wrote:
jmatt wrote:
Crow331 wrote:...then finding out that Gilad is in XO #1 most certainly "spoils" the fun in discovering it for himself.
Not to diagree about it being a spoiler, but if Dinesh hadn't mentioned it, not a single reader would know. He's not addressed in any way you would recognize and he doesn't do or say anything that would make a reader recognize him as Gilad. He doesn't even have a hint of any of Gillie's trademarks like the bearpaw/spiky knuckles or any adornment running the length of his arm.

The only reason this is even a conversation is because someone at VEI hinted at it. If tomorrow they pointed at another anonymous character in the book and said "oo, look, this guy is Master Darque" it'd be the same thing.

Until we see that character do or say something worthy of notice, this conversation is pretty irrelevant.

And just as an aside, if someone does't want to learn of spoilers for Valiant titles, then hanging out on a forum called ValiantFans.com on the day of a 15 year long awaited release is probably a bad idea. :hm: :twocents:
You have to read through the credits at the end of the book to see him... with Scarlet Witch and Vision apparently... :? :lol:

Crow331
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Crow331 »

etos45 wrote:
Crow331 wrote:I don't get your reasoning at all. It's not a spoiler because if Dinesh hadn't mentioned Gilad was in there then no one would know he was in there so it's not a spoiler?? :?

Dinesh mentions Gilad is in XO #1 on Twitter. If I don't have Twitter or if Heath doesn't have Twitter and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board who don't have Twitter don't read that, then I don't know Gilad is in X-O #1.

Now Bugsy comes onto the board and makes a thread with a title that says "Gilad in X-O #1", how did he not just spoil it for everyone who doesn't read Twitter? :!: Oy! OK I'm going to let this drop. I think I've explained pretty well how that title is a spoiler to anyone who doesn't have that information. It's a spoiler by definition.
I think his point is that if you didn't know to look for Gilad you wouldn't know you were looking right at him. It's hard to spoil something like that if you would have never known to look for him in the first place. I didn't find him until the second time through the book and I was looking for him the whole time. That's my opinion anyways.
Crow331 wrote:As far as The Avengers ... I'm kidding!!! I know nothing about a Scarlet Witch and Vision cameo!!! :lol:
facepalm

Well, it's already all over the news sites now, with you quoted as the source. :lol:
LMAO!

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Venditti mentioned there were 4 images of a character in XO#1
Ganked this from the thread in general discussion... I've seen 2 images of EW, anyone know where the other 2 are?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

etos45 wrote:
Ganked this from the thread in general discussion... I've seen 2 images of EW, anyone know where the other 2 are?
"King Alaric!" and "Yes, my King" are two panels. Later, "My king" (again, on horseback) is two panels, in the second he gets speared/darted "URK".

etos45

Post by etos45 »

greg wrote:
etos45 wrote:
"King Alaric!" and "Yes, my King" are two panels. Later, "My king" (again, on horseback) is two panels, in the second he gets speared/darted "URK".
Sheesh... if it were a snake... facepalm

(PS - I love the new emoticon. :D)

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

I think it's really interesting that Gilad (if it's Gilad) gets hit with a spear. Oh what a clever way to introduce the Eternal Warrior and for the record I like the FCBD image of him. :D
Multum In Parvo

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

The Dirt Gang wrote:I think it's really interesting that Gilad (if it's Gilad) gets hit with a spear. Oh what a clever way to introduce the Eternal Warrior and for the record I like the FCBD image of him. :D
You know what I find interesting? That you joined this board in 2007 and spoke your first words in 2012! :o

etos45

Post by etos45 »

The Dirt Gang wrote:I think it's really interesting that Gilad (if it's Gilad) gets hit with a spear. Oh what a clever way to introduce the Eternal Warrior and for the record I like the FCBD image of him. :D
Yeah, ol' Gilly needs to be more careful if he wants to be a warrior eternally... especially if he scars now. :D

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Crow331 wrote:
You know what I find interesting? That you joined this board in 2007 and spoke your first words in 2012! :o

What can I say, I'm a late bloomer. Actually, I've posted a couple of things in the past but I think I might have accidentally set up 2 accounts. Part of my absence is explained by the fact that I was abducted by aliens only to find myself brought back 5 years later. Thanks be to the good skin! I've also had a few life changes in the last 5 years- a change of careers, a move and 2 little aliens that showed up at my door. The stork that dropped them off looked an awful lot like a star ship. Anyhow, I hope to be more involved in the future.
Multum In Parvo

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

The Dirt Gang wrote:What can I say, I'm a late bloomer. Actually, I've posted a couple of things in the past but I think I might have accidentally set up 2 accounts. Part of my absence is explained by the fact that I was abducted by aliens only to find myself brought back 5 years later. Thanks be to the good skin! I've also had a few life changes in the last 5 years- a change of careers, a move and 2 little aliens that showed up at my door. The stork that dropped them off looked an awful lot like a star ship. Anyhow, I hope to be more involved in the future.
Ha ha! Welcome to the bored!

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

etos45 wrote:I think his point is that if you didn't know to look for Gilad you wouldn't know you were looking right at him. It's hard to spoil something like that if you would have never known to look for him in the first place. I didn't find him until the second time through the book and I was looking for him the whole time. That's my opinion anyways.
But that's precisely how it was a spoiler for me. I read it last night and instead of just getting to enjoy the story how it was presented, I was looking for Gilad the whole time.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

buff-beardo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter

Post by buff-beardo »

I love this discussion! lol! This is my first post in over 4 years :o and it is pleasant to see nothing has changed around here. I mean that in a good way similar to when you get back together with relatives or old school friends once a year. Years may pass, but time is not absolute.
Muse Rocks! Check out “The Handler”.

buff-beardo
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter

Post by buff-beardo »

Lol! Forgot to mention that my orginal reason for posting on this thread was to thank the author for "spoiling" me. I read X-O #1 Wednesday night and failed to recognize Gilad. I read it again last night and failed to recognize Gilad. Thanks to this thread, now I know that dude on the horse is Gilad. I love the first X-O issue, but if this is gonna be Gilad's first appearance in the new universe, he definately should have been wearing his glove.
Muse Rocks! Check out “The Handler”.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Heath wrote:
etos45 wrote:I think his point is that if you didn't know to look for Gilad you wouldn't know you were looking right at him. It's hard to spoil something like that if you would have never known to look for him in the first place. I didn't find him until the second time through the book and I was looking for him the whole time. That's my opinion anyways.
But that's precisely how it was a spoiler for me. I read it last night and instead of just getting to enjoy the story how it was presented, I was looking for Gilad the whole time.

Aha... I get what you're saying. :thumb:

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

buff-beardo wrote:Lol! Forgot to mention that my orginal reason for posting on this thread was to thank the author for "spoiling" me. I read X-O #1 Wednesday night and failed to recognize Gilad. I read it again last night and failed to recognize Gilad. Thanks to this thread, now I know that dude on the horse is Gilad. I love the first X-O issue, but if this is gonna be Gilad's first appearance in the new universe, he definately should have been wearing his glove.
Your welcome. :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Heath wrote:
See, you should have read more spoilers. Then you would have known who he was and it wouldnt have disturbed your reading experience.

j/k

Sorry again. I do feel bad for my error :cry:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Heath
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

It's ok. I'm over it. I forgive you. :thumb:
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Crow331 wrote:
jmatt wrote:

I don't get your reasoning at all. It's not a spoiler because if Dinesh hadn't mentioned Gilad was in there then no one would know he was in there so it's not a spoiler?? :?

As far as The Avengers ... I'm kidding!!! I know nothing about a Scarlet Witch and Vision cameo!!! :lol:
I prefaced my remark with "Not to disagree about it being a spoiler...". It most definitely is.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Chiclo wrote:
jmatt wrote:

Oh $%#@. Did I say that out loud... Dino's gonna be *SQUEE*.

No, most definitely not. I am in no way stating that the alien killed by Shanhara, Commander Pith, is in any way connected to the origin of Master Darque. Nor am I saying that baby Avagis is the start of The Sect. Even though its common knowledge that I have sat in on many VEI plot meetings, that is not to be construed as having any prior knowledge of the foundations and secrets of the new Valiant universe.

So, no. Positively not. Most definitely. And if Dino asks, this conversation never happened.