Valiant Universe Chronology - 20th Century - Vol. 1 & 2

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Re: Valiant Universe Chronology - 20th Century - Vol. 1 & 2

Post by myron »

Malev_Emperor wrote:Myron,

Where can i find that online?

thanks!
there used to be various bittorrents out there with them...there are people here that have the digital copies of them...most likely if you asked someone would step up and send you a copy on disc
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

When I was working on the Valiant timeline I thought about how cool it would be to do a project like this. Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

And good luck!
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

Watcher
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Watcher »

I read this on the train ride home last night. This is Fantastic!!!

Malev_Emperor
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Tohru Nakadai - Rai
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Thanks, Watcher. I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully, this read refueled your passion for Valiant, so you will be onboard with the rest of us for the relaunch!

I've been planning on doing way more, but I've been so busy at work lately. I have the next year's worth of Valiants to go through, so in January I may start again on the Post-Unity era!
Malev Emperor
Un-official Valiant Archivist

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Yeah, actually ComicCon here in NY got me thinking about Valiant, as well as revisiting some business I had delt with them last year. I went online to find out the status of things and was thrilled to find out about the re-launch, as well as find my way here.

I have a comic book shop up the block from me that I haven't gone into yet, but I'm thinking thata I may spend more time there in the coming year.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Bump
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Thanks for the bump on this :)

As I was reading through my VCS UNITY book, I noticed there is a lot of overlap and bouncing back and forth.. I was wishing that I didn't have to reread those parts and could just read through in as a linear story. Any thoughts about scanning pages or panels into a format where it could be read panel by panel, avoiding duplicate panels and then being sure not to bounce around?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

IanAlexavier wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:33:54 pm Thanks for the bump on this :)

As I was reading through my VCS UNITY book, I noticed there is a lot of overlap and bouncing back and forth.. I was wishing that I didn't have to reread those parts and could just read through in as a linear story. Any thoughts about scanning pages or panels into a format where it could be read panel by panel, avoiding duplicate panels and then being sure not to bounce around?
Sounds good for anyone that has the time and resources to do it.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49:15 pm

That would be super cool. I wish the people at Valiant would do stuff like this. A definitive Unity hardcover in chronological order with extras like concept art, notes, unused art, interviews, etc.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:20:42 pm

That would be super cool. I wish the people at Valiant would do stuff like this. A definitive Unity hardcover in chronological order with extras like concept art, notes, unused art, interviews, etc.
Would be cool. Suggest it to Alien.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:36:41 pm

Consider it suggested hehe.

Actually thinking about it, for a definitive hardcover collection I would prefer they just used the comics as they were published. Just do it oversized, on good paper with extras like I mentioned.

A re-cut, re-edited version of Unity would be cool to see as a fan project or a special side collection though.

Even better would be a newly commissioned "Unity: Grand Design". Unity re-told in chronological order with even more depth and filling in some of the gaps by a single creative team. My PM's are open Alien :lol:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:09:29 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:36:41 pm

Consider it suggested hehe.

Actually thinking about it, for a definitive hardcover collection I would prefer they just used the comics as they were published. Just do it oversized, on good paper with extras like I mentioned.

A re-cut, re-edited version of Unity would be cool to see as a fan project or a special side collection though.

Even better would be a newly commissioned "Unity: Grand Design". Unity re-told in chronological order with even more depth and filling in some of the gaps by a single creative team. My PM's are open Alien :lol:
Heh.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Didn't someone here already do that? There's a risk it's been lost with time, but maybe someone can find it.

Btw, I think there is one pair of panels with the same dialogue but with two characters switched.

/Magnus

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

There seem to be many instances of that happening (same dialogue/scene from a different perspective). It must have taken a ton of time to organize that and make it happen in those issues, and I think it was absolutely NEAT when reading them as they were released.