Valiant Universe Chronology - 20th Century - Vol. 1 & 2

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Malev_Emperor
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Tohru Nakadai - Rai
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Valiant Universe Chronology - 20th Century - Vol. 1 & 2

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Valiant Ones,

Since it seems that no one is allowed to share this info anymore, I have begun working on the "Valiant Universe Ultimate Chronology" using the original Valiant Universe comics as the sole source of canon. I cannot seem to get my hands on a copy of the VCB, so I will simply start from scratch and assemble this piece by piece. I am giving myself a deadline of 2 years to complete this in it's entirety.

NOTE: This is very much a Work in Progress. Expect this front thread to be edited often! It will seem quite simple looking at first, but will grow as I make more progress week by week!

Valiant Universe Reading Order:

Valiant Universe: 20th Century – Vol. 1
Solar, Man of the Atom #0: Alpha & Omega
Solar, Man of the Atom #1-3
Harbinger Files #1
Solar, Man of the Atom #4
Harbinger #0
Solar, Man of the Atom #5-7
X-O Manowar #0
Harbinger #1-3
Bloodshot #0 – Part One
Harbinger #4

Valiant Universe: 20th Century – Vol. 2
X-O Manowar #1-2
Solar, Man of the Atom #8
X-O Manowar #3
Bloodshot #0 – Part Two
X-O Manowar #4
Shadowman #1
Harbinger #5-7
Shadowman #2
X-O Manowar #5-6
Solar, Man of the Atom #9
Valiant Era Companion #1
Solar, Man of the Atom #10
Shadowman #3
Solar, Man of the Atom #11

Valiant Universe Pre-Unity Timeline:

The Original Universe:
NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
Solar: Man of the Atom #0:
Dr. Phil Seleski becomes a god-like being of power through a horrible accident. He shares the secret of his power with Dr. Erica Pierce, who feels violated and wants to destroy him.

4/15/1991: - (Date given in Solar, Man of the Atom #10 & Unity #0)
After Erica decides he must be destroyed, a scientific team goes after him to stop him. Solar, weakend by the battle, absorbs energy from a nameless star and becomes too powerful. He accidentally kills Gayle, the woman he loves. His power is too much for him to control and he opens a wormhole which destroys the entire universe. (The universe is reborn through him, yet he does not know it. He believes he is sent back through time, but he has actually given birth to the Valiant Universe.)

Erica Pierce is sucked into the black hole, but survives and appears in the Valiant Universe (on 10/23/1991).

The Valiant Universe:
Pre-Unity: 20th Century

2/19/1985:
Buck McHenry, the earth’s latest Geomancer, recruits young Geoff McHenry to be the earth’s next Geomancer and takes him on a walkabout of the earth to teach him the ways of the Geomancer. (Solar, Man of the Atom #10)

2/19/1986:
Geoff McHenry returns home. (Solar, Man of the Atom #10)

3/1/1986:
Geoff finds his mother’s lost ring. He says it talked to him, telling him where to find it. (Solar, Man of the Atom #10)

9/27/1990:
Solar: Man of the Atom #1:
Dr. Phil Seleski rematerializes in outer space

9/27/90:
Geoff McHenry feels pain as the voices of the earth scream at him that a Sun Demon has arrived. (Solar, Man of the Atom #10)

9/27/1990:
Solar: Man of the Atom #1:
Doctor Phil Seleski goes home, only to find another Phil Seleski there. He begins to think that he was sent back in time to a point before the accident that made him Solar took place.

NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
Solar: Man of the Atom #2:
Dr. Phil Seleski’s subconscious splits into another person… Solar, Man of the Atom. He tries to reconnect the two, but Solar refuses to cooperate and they battle. Solar escapes his trap.

9/30/1990:-(Date given in Solar, Man of the Atom #8)
Solar, Man of the Atom #3
Solar contacts the Harbinger Foundation to see if they can help him understand who he is. He fights off several Eggbreakers and has a confrontation with a powerful Omega Harbinger named Toyo Harada, who runs the Harbinger Foundation. They fight in a plane and due to the struggle, it crashes in the mountains. Dr. Phil Seleski recruits Erica Pierce.

9/1990
Harbinger Files #1:
Toyo Harada is rescued by a mountain man and tells him the story of his life. Afterwards, he regrettably kills them man for knowing too much and the Harbinger Foundation rescues him.

10/1/90: NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
Solar: Man of the Atom #4:
The night of the accident that changed Seleski happens again and he convinces Solar to merge with him again to save the universe. Then he convinces the other Phil Seleski to merge, as well. He stops the accident from happening, but notices that Erica Pierce saw the merge, being in the reactor with him.

Geoff reacts to these events (Solar, Man of the Atom #10)

1/31/1991
Harbinger #0
Peter Stanchek write a latter to the Harbinger Foundation.

2/17/1991
Harbinger #0
Pete Stanchek moons over Kris Hathaway as his friend, Joe, teases him..

2/20/1991
Harbinger #0
Rachel Hobson from the Harbinger Foundation meets with Peter.

2/21/1991
Harbinger #0
Peter Stanchek mind controls Kris Hathaway into saying yes to a date. Rachel takes Peter to a Harbinger Foundation Complex for testing. Toyo Harada tells Peter they would like to help him. He agrees.

3/25/1991
Solar: Man of the Atom #5:
Solar discovers extraterrestrials on earth in the form of Spider Aliens.

3/26/1991
Solar: Man of the Atom #5:
Solar tracks the Spider Aliens to their business, then to Peru and finally discovers they have a space fleet of ships near Saturn. He leaves earth to investigate.

Solar: Man of the Atom #6:
On the Spider Aliens Mothership, Solar frees human slaves/food and together they take the ship. Once on the bridge, the Spide Alien emissary tells Solar that Earth is about to be overtaken and that they wish to hear from one person who speaks for the Earth regarding it’s surrender. The emissary opens the hatch doors and kills the humans Solar freed to prove their ruthlessness. Solar gets angry and begins to destroy the alien fleet.

Solar: Man of the Atom #7:
The Spider Aliens champion dons their sentient XO Manowar armor and battles Solar. Solar wins the fight and decides to follow the fleet to the Spider Alien homeworld to destroy it.

NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
X-O Manowar #0:
Aboard one of the Spider Alien ships, Aric of Dacia, a visigoth warrior who was captured by Spider Aliens in 408 AD, is given a map by another prisoner to the location of their greatest weapon, a sentient X-O Manowar class armor suit. Aric escapes and follows the map, uses the ring and becomes owner of the armor. Outside the ship, Solar is attacking the fleet and Aric flees the ship, falling to earth.

4/15/91:
Geoff reacts to events in Solar #0 - (Solar destroying his original universe).

4/17/91:
Geoff is put into a psychiatric home. (SMATO #10)

5/1/1991
Harbinger #0
Peter's friend Joe and he fight. Peter tells Harada he needs some time to himself. Peter tells Kris he has been mind controlling her. they break up. Peter finds Joe dead and goes back to Harada.

5/10/1991
Harbinger #0
Harada decides that Peter is too unstable to be left alive.

5/12/1991
Harbinger #0
Peter calls Kris and she races to see him. Rachel tries to assassinate Peter. The backlash of Peter's energy from the failed murder destroys the Harbinger comples and allows Peter to escape. Harada plans to probe Peter until he can find a way to kill him.

6/2/1991
Harbinger #1:
Peter Stanchek and Kris Hathaway fight the Harbinger Foundation.

6/3/1991
Harbinger #1:
Peter & Kris decide to intercept other people with powers who look to the Foundation for help.

6/4/1991
Harbinger #1:
They recruit Zephyr.

6/5/1991
Harbinger #1:
Peter, Kris & Zephyr have to sleep in the same bed.

6/6/1991
Harbinger #1:
The gang recruits Flamingo & Torque.

6/6/1991
Harbinger #2:
The Harbinger gang befriend a Doctor at the hospital.

6/7/1991
The Doctor Heyward lets them stay at his beach house. Peter rescues Zephyr from the Foundation and gets costumes for the gang.

6/8/1991
Harbinger #2:
Peter gives costumes to the gang.

6/9/1991
Harbinger #2:
They go to take on Toyo Harada and his Eggbreakers. They escape with a lot of the Foundation’s money.

7/6/1991
Harbinger #3:
The Harbinger gang recruits techno-wiz, Ax and they soon discover the Spider Alien prescence on earth. They commandeer an alien ship and go to the moon, where they are captured by the Spider Aliens and put in stasis.

8/1991
Bloodshot #0:
Mafia hitman Angela Mortalli is hired to kill Gilad Abrams and tries to do so.

10/23/1991:
Erica Pierce (from the original universe) emerges from the event horizon of a black hole singularity. (Unity #0)

12/20/1991:
Harbinger #3-4:
Ax sells out to the Spider Aliens, in order to work with their technology and promises to build them a spaceship that can get them out of our solar system. The Aliens agree to let the gang live, so they can keep Ax company. He sneaks into the stasis chamber and wakes them up. The Harbinger kids decide to escape from the Spider Aliens. They head back to earth, letting Ax go free. They discover that it is December and that they have been gone over 5 months.

12/21/1991:
Harbinger #4:
They each split up and go home.

12/23/1991:
Harbinger #4:
The gang realize that they miss each other.

12/24/1991
Harbinger #4:
Ax has recruited other Harbingers and attacks Torque as the gang gets back together to look for him. They beat Ax.

12/25/1991
Harbinger #4:
The gang spends Christmas together at Doc Heyward’s beach house.

NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
X-O Manowar #1:
After falling to earth, Aric finds himself in Peru. He fights Spider Aliens there until he is befriended by Ken, a human who is working for Lydia, a high ranking official of the Spider Aliens. Ken takes him to new York where he is supposed to lead him into a trap, but he warns Aric just in time. The Spider Aliens wound Ken causing him to lose his left arm. Aric calls the X-O Manowar armor via his ring and destroys the Spider Aliens who attacked him.

NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
X-O Manowar #2:
The Spider Aliens capture Ken and imprison him as Aric destroys their bases, one by one. Ken escapes his cell as Lydia arranges a trap for Aric that will get rid of her Spider Alien allies. Aric storms the Orb Industries building and falls for the trap initially, but realizes just in time it is a trick. He almost slays Lydia, but she escapes. Aric takes over Orb Industries.

1/7/1992 - 1/8/1992
Solar: Man of the Atom #8:
Toyo Harada gets briefed on all the strange happenings of late. He heads to Bangkok to deal with Kama, a human working with the Spider Aliens. Solar returns to earth after tracking the Spider Aliens to their homeworld. He decides to look for the Spider Alien stragglers on earth, leading him to Bangkok. Kama has drugged Toyo Harada and Solar battles her. Together, they decide to stop her operation, which is to hide Spider Aliens in human guise and supply them with food.

NO DATE GIVEN IN ISSUE:
X-O Manowar #3:
Toyo Harada hires X-Caliber in Tokyo to destroy X-O. Solar arrives at Orb Industries in New York and “talks” with the sentient armor. He thanks Aric for destroying the Spider Aliens on earth and leaves. Aric fights X-Caliber and beats him as Toyo Harada realizes the owner of the X-O armor is an ancient human and not a Spider Alien.

2/1992
Bloodshot #0:
Angelo Mortalli is sold to Project Rising Spirit.

3/1/1992
X-O Manowar #4:
The Harbinger Foundation contacts Aric & Ken and tells them that Toyo Harada would like to meet them in New Orleans and join forces. The Harbinger kids decide to go there, as well. Aric and Harada meet and go out drinking (watching Jack Boniface play Jazz), where a drunken Aric sees Lydia, the Spider Alien, but he is too drunk to recognize her. The Harbinger gang tries to attack Harada but Aric saves him. Toyo Harada says he might use Aric in the future and if not, he will have him destroyed.

Shadowman #1:
In New orleans, jazz musician Jack Boniface meets Lydia and she lures him back to her place. She drugs him and bites him, beginning to feed until she is interrupted by the Harbinger kids fighting Aric.

3/2/1992:
Shadowman #1:
Jack wakes up the next afternoon and discovers that he’s been bitten and finds corpses in Lydia’s home. That night he finds a mask in the street and dons it, thwarting a serial killer and feeling much more powerful at night.

3/5/1992
Harbinger #5:
While in New Orleans, the gang learns of Toyo Harada’s whereabouts. They go to find him and Solar shows up, also looking. As they are all assembled, Toyo Harada arrives.

3/6/1992
Harbinger #6:
Toyo Harada lets Solar fly the gang away. Solar warns the gang to be careful with their new powers or they are no better than Harada. After he leaves, they go back to get Harada again. Harada springs a trap, but Thumper and Puff, two Eggbreakers help them escape, only for Harada to read their thoughts and find out where the gang is headed. Eggbreakers intercept them and Torque is killed in the fracas.

3/6/1992
Harbinger #7:
Torque is taken away in an ambulance, as Harada puts Puff & Thumper on probation..

3/7/1992
Harbinger #7:
The gang mourns Torque.

3/8/1992
Harbinger #7:
The gang steals Torque’s body from the morgue and take him to a funeral home.

3/9/1992
Harbinger #7:
The gang buries Torque.

3/13/1992
Shadowman #2:
Jack Boniface becomes Shadowman and thwarts a robbery.

3/14/1992
Shadowman #2:
Shadowman finally stops the serial killer of New Orleans.

3/16/1992
Harbinger #7:
The gang visit Torque’s grave one last time and use their last few bucks to buy a Mustang.

3/26/1992
X-O Manowar #5:
Ken and Aric argue. Ken plans to have Aric killed so he can be in charge of Orb Industries. Ax, the Harbinger, arrives in new York.

3/27/1992
X-O Manowar #5:
Ax plans to get the X-O armor. Aric leaves the armor at Orb Industries and goes out, mad. When Aric is out, Ax’s team grabs Ken and the armor. Aric goes out drinking and tries to call the Armor. When the armor does not respond, the ring leads Aric to Ax. He dons the armor and prepares to fight.

X-O Manowar #6:
Ax dons his armor and he and Aric fight it out. Aric wins and lets Ax live.

3/28/1992
X-O Manowar #6:
He has the armor create a false arm for ken and if Ken tries to betray Aric, the arm will kill him!

3/30/1992
Solar: Man of the Atom #9:
Erica Pierce is pregnant and her fetus is a being of energy that is immesely powerful. It escapes and wreaks havoc until Solar has no choice but to overpower her and the baby dissipates. Erica blames Solar and is taken away to the hospital.

3/31/1992
Solar: Man of the Atom #10:
Gilad Ani-Padda, the Eternal Warrior, meets with Toyo Harada and agrees to help him catch Solar.

4/1/1992
4/1/92
Valiant Era Companion #1
ISSUE ON BACKORDER

Solar: Man of the Atom #10:
Gilad releases Geoff McHenry from the hospital. Geoff visits Solar’s homeless friends.

Shadowman #3: DATE ERRORS
Jack stops a shakedown in a bar. Shadowman rescues a girl from a kidnapper who has targeted him for a challenge.

4/3/1992
Solar: Man of the Atom #11:
Geoff and Solar meet and Geoff says that there is another “Sun Demon” (Pierce) that will threaten the world. Solar and Geoff meet with Gilad and Harada’s Eggbreakers spring their trap. Gilad tries to stop the attack, but the Eggbreakers will not take orders from him. As Solar fights for his life, Gilad convinces Toyo harada to stop it. He agrees. Erica Pierce returns home to her abusive husband, who begins to beat her. She kills him. After they all part ways, Geoff follows the earth’s whispers to Pierce’s house and calls Solar.

4/4/1992
Solar: Man of the Atom #11:
Solar arrives at Pierce’s home. Geoff says that Pierce killed her abusive husband, but someone else killed her.

Leads into the massive crossover event - UNITY
Last edited by Malev_Emperor on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21:12 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Malev Emperor
Un-official Valiant Archivist

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
Re: Valiant Universe Ultimate Chronology

Post by Drift »

An ambitious project. You will be hard pressed to nail this one down with all the time hopping that went on. I think A&A #1 (or is it EW #1) is spread over several hundred years. How would something like that fit in? Or do you mean you are looking for release dates?

Good luck. :thumb:

Malev_Emperor
Re: Valiant Universe Ultimate Chronology

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Initially, it started as a way to read all the issues in order in a way that made sense. Then I needed to do it for my Valiant Binding project (which I am very close to completing). Now, I just want to do it for fun and also there is a record of the entire Valiant Universe in order somewhere online for new fans that want to get the most out of their first Valiant reading experience!

You can find a zillion timelines online, but none of them are going to do it the way that I am. Believe me, I've been re-immersed in the Pre-Unity Valiant universe for 2 weeks now getting it straight and it really CAN/DOES read like one big tale leading up to Unity. I will also do a proper seperate timeline in ACTUAL chronological order for the insanely OCD (like me). It is really quite impressive, really, since I became a Valiant fan after Unity (like most others) and collected the back issues and read them all disjointedly. Trying to do the same for Marvel's stories would be impossible, but with Valiant it is completely do-able!

Then, I discovered the process of binding comics and I wanted to bind ALL of my titles, but instead of doing them seperately, I am going to do crossover volumes of each era, binding ALL Pre-Unity titles in 2 volumes in reading order, then Unity. After that I will bind complete runs of Magnus and Rai in order the same way, then it's back to 1992 to pick it up right after Unity and follow it through to The Chaos Effect. Whew.... wish me luck!

NOTE: I sold all my Valiant's years ago in a fit of insanity and have since began rebuilding the collection. ANY HELP IN THIS AREA WOULD BE APPRECIATED - (I need MOST titles between Unity and the Chaos Effect, except for Magnus/Rai)!!
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...
Re: Valiant Universe Chronology - 20th Century - Vol. 1 & 2

Post by IanAlexavier »

This is quite an undertaking!

Will you be taking sections of some books out and placing them elsewhere? Some books have stories from the future or past that COULD be placed in a different binding area.

Would using a release calendar help? I would think that those books MIGHT be close in a timeline. Its easy with the books that provide a date but then the dates stopped. Then again some books cover a 1 month period while the main character may have shown up in another book during that period.

:thumb: :thumb:

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

IanAlexavier wrote:This is quite an undertaking!
Understatement of the YEAR, Ian! I am glad to see you comment since I know you have the Map thread and we've talked there several times. I have been tossing and turning at night thinking about this stuff. It's a pain, but I love the Valiant Universe so much that this MUST be done!
IanAlexavier wrote:Will you be taking sections of some books out and placing them elsewhere? Some books have stories from the future or past that COULD be placed in a different binding area.
I will be re-placing sections of comics in different order in some cases. It REALLY depends on if the original books page layout. If the "scene" stops at the bottom of the page and it will flow better to replace it, I absolutely will. Unfortunately, a lot of the early books stop "scenes" mid-page and a new "scene" begins on the same page. Then I can't yank it. (Take Solar #10 for example... the first few pages are ALL about introducing Geoff McHenry and jumps like seven years an 2 pages, most of the time only using one or two panels to show something that happened YEARS apart. There is NO WAY to re-place those things.) Luckily, in later years, they would use the whole page to end a scene and this can be yanked and re-placed.
IanAlexavier wrote:Would using a release calendar help? I would think that those books MIGHT be close in a timeline. Its easy with the books that provide a date but then the dates stopped. Then again some books cover a 1 month period while the main character may have shown up in another book during that period.
Someone gave me a few links in my other thread in the "re-reading Valiant" sub-forum and it has been slightly helpful. I was actually quite surprised that there are some tiny miscalculations in the "official" timeline. God bless the late Seaborn Adamson for doing all that work! I plan on truly dissecting each and every Valiant story (from the original universe) until I nail it all down chronologically.

What I would really LOVE to do is scan every single Valiant comic and reformat EVERYTHING properly in Photoshop, then have it printed and bound MY way! I may eventually do this if I can find an affordable scanner/printer that can give me the clarity that I am after! I don't want smudgy or crappy copies. I want them to look as crisp and fresh as the original comics. Unfortunately, I am completely ignorant of such technological things, so I don't even know where to start!

Unfortunatly, years ago in a moment of madness, I sold my entire Valiant Universe Comic collection to a guy in Canada who made me an offer I couldn't refuse. (I only collected regular issues, I didn't go after all the super collectible rare issues, etc... I'm only in it for the stories!)

But now, I am slowly rebuilding the collection with the help of Sonic Dan (who just shipped a metric ton of books to me - can't wait until they arrive! (but my poor wife must be sick of this)) with the express purpose of being bound chronologically! I am weighing using either dpbanks.com or Houchen bindery... still deciding, mainly due to their price point.

Thanks!
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Already thinking about which Bindery you are going to use?!?! Your MAD! LOL Actually, Im trying to figure out which Bindery Im going to send my next set of books to as well. Let me know what you find out.

I believe these books have already been scanned and are available for download.. somewhere. I dont have any digital comics.. but once I get myself a tablet PC of some sort I will probably give it a try. Comics will evolve this way... not that I WANT it too.. but it will.

If you were able to get those books in digital formate, you might be able to cut and paste any way you want! Actually you could copy portions and give them dates such as: 1995.05.15. year/month/day. Once you saved it that way it would already be in order. You could read through all of the books looking for dates that way. Those portions would be instantly in reach instead of needing to look though boxes and sorting titles and issue numbers.

The only issue I see is the quality of those scans and availability of those scans. Just an idea. :thumb:

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

IanAlexavier wrote:Already thinking about which Bindery you are going to use?!?! Your MAD!
Of course, I am! Muahahaha!! - Actually, I have 7 hardcovers about 99.9% ready to go. The first 2 Volumes of what I'm calling... Valiant Universe: 20th Century Vols. 1 & 2 - (All the Valiant titles leading up to Unity). Then the Unity book itself plus the Valiant Universe: 41st Century Vols. 1 - 4 - (Magnus & Rai titles).

I am also talking to Tom at Houchen about having the Valiant Die Stamp remade since they no longer have it. I need to make it seem feasible for them. Well, I'm probably going to get 18 or so more hardcovers from them over the next 2 years!
IanAlexavier wrote:I believe these books have already been scanned and are available for download.. somewhere
If you were able to get those books in digital formate, you might be able to cut and paste any way you want!
That is the ULTIMATE dream, honestly. I would cut, paste and reformat the entire VH1 universe if I had access to the art & technology. You have no idea my dedication to insane projects like this. Have you read all the comics in order? The continuity is tight and it flows pretty seamlessly (except for previously discussed time/space dilations).

Think the new Valiant would be interested in this? Maybe they should hire me to spearhead this project! :thumb:
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Malev_Emperor wrote:
Think the new Valiant would be interested in this? Maybe they should hire me to spearhead this project! :thumb:
Not sure. It would be a neat project. Maybe something they could offer digitally??

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

The truth is I would pay THEM to do this digitally! If i could just access the digital archives!!
Malev Emperor

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

So, I went and did it! I just bought a new Fujitsu ScanSnap s1500 yesterday.

It was a little more than I wanted to spend and can only do up to 8 1/2 x 11", but wow, this thing is FAST! And the quality is superb. I spent half the night digitizing my early Valiants!

It didn't matter that I had to rip them apart because they are being sent to be bound soon anyway!

So, now that Valiant Universe in chronological order will become a reality!

PICS TO COME SOON!
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Wow!! Great work!! Cant wait to hear more about your adventure!

Malev_Emperor
Re: Valiant Universe Chronology (Scanner Test/example)

Post by Malev_Emperor »

So, i got the new scanner and I got the tenacity to reformat the entire Valiant universe. You wanna see a quick example of the reformatted chronology??

Using Solar #0: Alpha & Omega, Solar #1 & Solar #10, I quickly set things in proper order!

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT. THIS WAS LITERALLY DONE IN 3 MINUTES AS AN EXAMPLE ONLY!
EDIT: Can't seem to fix the size of the middle page! Dammit!

Solar is about to go supernova and destroy the universe!

Solar accidentally opens the cincture wormhole as Geoff reacts!

Solar ends up in the universe that was "reborn" through him.

How do ya like them apples?
Last edited by Malev_Emperor on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:31:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Malev Emperor

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

very kewl...
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Thanks Myron!!

Here's one last example before I head to work! - (This one combines Eternal Warrior #2 and the Rai Companion!)

I left the last page unfinished because I ran out of time! But I have to rebuild and reformat these panel by panl (and sometimes even have to reformat the captions!)

Enjoy!!
Malev Emperor

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

DAMN this is nice. It makes me want to read some Valiant comics.

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Knightt wrote:DAMN this is nice. It makes me want to read some Valiant comics.
Thanks, Knightt! I really appreciate the kind words and, yes, go read some Valiant! They are still better than most comics being done today!

I really am glad that I did this test because it made me realize that I would have to break down every comic panel by panel to have everything done exactly the way I want. I have been working on ALL valiant books (Pre-Unity & Unity) to break them down to individual panels for the last 3 days. Once that's done, I will be rearranging them in order!

I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to reproduce them fully anywhere, but it sure is a lotta OCD fun!!
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Looking great!!!! Youre on your way now!

Did you come up with an organization system? To scan and date? To allow the scans to fit in order based on timeline/date?

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Ian,

Thanks! Not sure if I follow the question, but I am renaming each file anyway. I am setting them up by title and issue, page and panel numbers! It is a LOT of work, but I have already broken down Unity (since it is the easiest due to the story being split into days. EXAMPLE: Unity Day 1 - Day 158.

Now I am working on the pre-unity books. it should be VERY impressive when it's all said and done!
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Yes, that system should work. It will place your scans in alpha-numerical order. Then when you save them to your 'folder' it will automatically place it where it belongs in sequence. :thumb:

You could indicate at the end of the files name what issue it came from.

Example:Unity Day 1 - Day 158. Unity#1

After Unity is finished you may need to revert to a more common system like: 1992.4.25 Solar #5.

Great work!! Cant wait to see more.

:clap: :clap:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Nice!

/Magnus

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

I wish I could find a printer who could print all the reformatted pages for me on quality paper, so I can have them bound this way (for personal use ONLY)!
Malev Emperor

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Malev_Emperor wrote:I wish I could find a printer who could print all the reformatted pages for me on quality paper, so I can have them bound this way (for personal use ONLY)!

That really shouldnt be a problem... although it may be difficult to find a printer and a binder?? Im not sure if who does both.

RSecor
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by RSecor »

@Malev_Emperor: I'm thinking of de-stapling and completely scanning "all" of what I have of Valiant and making a digital archive.

Up to where you're at right now, what titles/volumes/issues do you or will you need soon?

FYI: I don't even remember what I have right now. LOL!

myron
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

RSecor wrote:@Malev_Emperor: I'm thinking of de-stapling and completely scanning "all" of what I have of Valiant and making a digital archive.

Up to where you're at right now, what titles/volumes/issues do you or will you need soon?

FYI: I don't even remember what I have right now. LOL!
there are already digital copies of all the valiant comics already...why go though all that hassle?
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Malev_Emperor

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Myron,

Where can i find that online?

thanks!
Malev Emperor