Airboy - Eclipse Comics

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chuck64
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Airboy - Eclipse Comics

Post by Chuck64 »

My plan was to work on finishing up my Ultraverse and Triumphant collection, but I sometimes get distracted. My distraction this time was Airboy by Eclipse. I found the full run for just under 50 cent a book. I've never read an Eclipse book before. So far I've been pleasantly surprised.

Has anyone read the spin-off mini series? Are the comparable to the Airboy book?

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question
Re: Airboy - Eclipse Comics

Post by Draco »

Chuck64 wrote:My plan was to work on finishing up my Ultraverse and Triumphant collection, but I sometimes get distracted. My distraction this time was Airboy by Eclipse. I found the full run for just under 50 cent a book. I've never read an Eclipse book before. So far I've been pleasantly surprised.

Has anyone read the spin-off mini series? Are the comparable to the Airboy book?
If Chuck wrote them then they are as cool, if not then normally average to appalling twaddle.

:thumb:

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

I read some of them and I enjoyed them quite a bit.

Chuck64

Post by Chuck64 »

Thanks. The prices don't look too bad. I may pick them up.

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Chuck64 wrote:Thanks. The prices don't look too bad. I may pick them up.
I have an outstanding eun of all the books from Eclipse that share a Universe as such.
the Airboy stuff is great.
I managed to snag a copy of the Valkyrie hardback signed by Graffiti designs for £4.00 a year ago.
Since then ive been lucky to get most of the issues too.

:thumb:

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

I don't like you guys.

You make me put more comics on my must buy lists.

A holes. all of you. :mad:

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

The Dave Stevens cover (to #5 I believe) alone is worth the cost of the entire series at more than .50 per book (both subjectively, and that I would literally pay more to upgrade mine, just not today). Nice buy!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

JohnnyRnR wrote:The Dave Stevens cover (to #5 I believe) alone is worth the cost of the entire series at more than .50 per book (both subjectively, and that I would literally pay more to upgrade mine, just not today). Nice buy!
I used to pull copies of that book out of cheap boxes all the time. Always love coming across Stevens' covers on the cheap.

J-Scott-R
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by J-Scott-R »

Unblessed wrote:I don't like you guys.

You make me put more comics on my must buy lists.

A holes. all of you. :mad:
:o :o :lol: But at least they are pretty cheap if you can find them, and they are a great read. :thumb:

Chuck64

Post by Chuck64 »

I just finished the entire run. I'm pretty impressed. If you can find them for a good price they would be well worth the purchase.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

All it took was for me to read through two of these issues for me to be hooked and then the other books just fell in line.

Last Saturday I FINALLY picked up the final 14 books I needed to finish my Scout run. Hopefully, I will get a few moments to sit down and read through these sometime in the near future.

Well, I can dream... GREAT BOOKS.

Chuck64

Post by Chuck64 »

Knightt wrote:All it took was for me to read through two of these issues for me to be hooked and then the other books just fell in line.

Last Saturday I FINALLY picked up the final 14 books I needed to finish my Scout run. Hopefully, I will get a few moments to sit down and read through these sometime in the near future.

I'd like to get the Scout books. I've always liked Truman's work.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chuck64 wrote:
Knightt wrote:All it took was for me to read through two of these issues for me to be hooked and then the other books just fell in line.

I look forward to reading it. I don't know what happened. When I was 'putting the run together', I spaced out about 15 issues from #1-24 and never got them, nor annotated them until going through and checking 'needs lists'. I must have seen my complete Scout: War Shaman and thought 'boo yaa, I'm done'. Not so much... but now I have them. So many good reads came out of Eclipse comics IMO. Airboy and Scout look to be among the best for me.

J-Scott-R

Post by J-Scott-R »

Knightt wrote:
Chuck64 wrote:

I look forward to reading it. I don't know what happened. When I was 'putting the run together', I spaced out about 15 issues from #1-24 and never got them, nor annotated them until going through and checking 'needs lists'. I must have seen my complete Scout: War Shaman and thought 'boo yaa, I'm done'. Not so much... but now I have them. So many good reads came out of Eclipse comics IMO. Airboy and Scout look to be among the best for me.
The only one of these I'm missing is Scout #1, I have all the rest but refuse to read any until I find the first issue.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I just picked up issue #1 as well... I had some crazy need list like:

Scout - 1, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Luckily I went to a local guy's house who is selling me as much great looking Marvel stuff as I can handle (will be posting about those later, to include my Dell Key Doctor Solar and Magnus scores) and as luck would have it he has these exact books, just sitting there waiting for me. I mean + on each side of the list but I was able to walk away with all that I needed PLUS a full run of Cable (Marvel) 1-40 in cherry condition.

Matter of fact, I am going to go bag and board these tonight.

Only needing the ONE book eh ?

What other Eclipse titles do you collect ?

J-Scott-R

Post by J-Scott-R »

Knightt wrote:I just picked up issue #1 as well... I had some crazy need list like:

Luckily I went to a local guy's house who is selling me as much great looking Marvel stuff as I can handle (will be posting about those later, to include my Dell Key Doctor Solar and Magnus scores) and as luck would have it he has these exact books, just sitting there waiting for me. I mean + on each side of the list but I was able to walk away with all that I needed PLUS a full run of Cable (Marvel) 1-40 in cherry condition.

Primarily just Airboy, Scout, and the DNAgents, and I'm just getting started on Crossfire and MiracleMan.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

J-Scott-R wrote:
Knightt wrote:I just picked up issue #1 as well... I had some crazy need list like:

Primarily just Airboy, Scout, and the DNAgents, and I'm just getting started on Crossfire and MiracleMan.
Yep those are all on my collectibles list. I am now complete on all except MiracleMan (and I think THAT one may never be complete).

DNAgents ROCK !!! I can't wait to dig into that title.

Chuck64

Post by Chuck64 »

Knightt wrote:
J-Scott-R wrote:

Yep those are all on my collectibles list. I am now complete on all except MiracleMan (and I think THAT one may never be complete).

I just bought my first Miracleman. Number 17 for $3.25. Supposedly NM.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Chuck64 wrote:I just bought my first Miracleman. Number 17 for $3.25. Supposedly NM.
Nice score! :thumb:

J-Scott-R

Post by J-Scott-R »

Knightt wrote:
J-Scott-R wrote:

When you finally get to read DNAgents (1st) #14, find a copy of DC Tales of the Teen Titans #48 and read them back to back. The books were an unofficial cross-over between DC and Eclipse.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

FYI - I am waiting for LoneStar to put their Eclipse issues on sale with their weekly password.

I hate you all. All my love, hugs, and kisses.

:P :mad: :!: :thumb:

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Used my Lone Star passcode because they have 80's books on sale.

HEROES

:mad:

1 Set of Airboy on the way.

:D :thumb: :!: :thumb:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Airboy: Deadeye 1 of 5 is solicited in the current issue of Previews.

http://www.dcbservice.com/product.aspx?id=374787#dt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is being solicited through Antarctic Press so I think it has a better chance of actually seeing the light of day than the Justice Machine revival.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Chiclo wrote:Airboy: Deadeye 1 of 5 is solicited in the current issue of Previews.

http://www.dcbservice.com/product.aspx?id=374787#dt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is being solicited through Antarctic Press so I think it has a better chance of actually seeing the light of day than the Justice Machine revival.
Nice find!
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

bosco685
Re:

Post by bosco685 »

JohnnyRnR wrote:The Dave Stevens cover (to #5 I believe) alone is worth the cost of the entire series at more than .50 per book (both subjectively, and that I would literally pay more to upgrade mine, just not today). Nice buy!
One of my favorite Copper Age covers - EVER!