More BloodShot Movie buzz around the net

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

sanman
I can feel the custom bug
I can feel the custom bug

Post by sanman »

Cool, but the Acclaim version. :?

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

sanman wrote:Cool, but the Acclaim version. :?
the acclaim version stayed closest to the Valiant version than any other comic plus it elaborated on his nano-technology, Len Kaminski was a genius, I really must say, I loved it.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

sanman wrote:Cool, but the Acclaim version. :?
Read it at htmlcomics.com

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

I love the foundation that Vanhook and perlin laid, I really do, that said Kaminski took that foundation to the next level, so many movies have came out since this that cover alot that was going on in these books, my only complaint is kaminski didn't get a chance to do it the way he wanted too cause of time, the book got canceled so he had to tie everything together quite quicky at the end there, still a great ending but at the same time; 20 issues would have been so sweeet!
Last edited by MoonChild on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Here's what I wrote on wikipedia: In this rendition, the writer Len Kaminski elaborates on BloodShot's nano technology. They turn out to be like sentient beings that see him as their God and provoke him to self induce a trance like state using a mixture of substances in order to communicate with him directly.

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

Volume 2 was full of intrigue, action, suspense and more mind-*SQUEE* than you could shake a stick at. I hope that this happens!

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

BloodOfHeroes wrote:Volume 2 was full of intrigue, action, suspense and more mind-*SQUEE* than you could shake a stick at. I hope that this happens!
So true bro, it's amazing how many people have slept on this run, including myself, I recall going to the comic shops after years of comic inactivity and seeing them on the shelves like WTF is this!!?? Then I grow up, buy every valiant comic in existance and read ALL my BloodShot's, I loved the first run but MAN that second Run was a serious mind trip!!

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/03/30/bl ... ant-cover/
Latino Review has broken the news that Matthew Vaughn, hot off KICK-*SQUEE*, is trying to scrape together the resources to bring 1990’s Valiant Comic character BLOODSHOT to the big screen.

For those of you who don’t know about BLOODSHOT, don’t feel bad. Bloodshot is one of the hundreds of forgotten “extreme” creations of the variant-cover crazy 1990’s. First appearing in 1994, Bloodshot was a laundry list of pyrite age cliches. Like so many other 90’s creations, he was a cross between Wolverine and The Punisher: a nano-enhanced mob hitman re-animated by evil government scientists, and robbed of the memories of his past. Packing the obligatory high caliber firearms and clad in a vest with no shirt underneath, he blew people away in the name of revenge, justice, and speculator dollars. Not having read any BLOODSHOT, maybe I’m in no position to say whether this movie is a good idea or not, but I do know one thing, Rob Liefeld must kick himself in the butt every morning for not thinking of the name “Bloodshot” first.

Vaughn, according to Latino Review, is in the process of self-funding the film, much as he did with KICK-*SQUEE*. If KICK-*SQUEE* tanks, this project will probably quickly disappear along with all hopes of an eventual WARRIORS OF PLASM motion picture.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

MoonChild wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Volume 2 was full of intrigue, action, suspense and more mind-*SQUEE* than you could shake a stick at. I hope that this happens!
So true bro, it's amazing how many people have slept on this run, including myself, I recall going to the comic shops after years of comic inactivity and seeing them on the shelves like WTF is this!!?? Then I grow up, buy every valiant comic in existance and read ALL my BloodShot's, I loved the first run but MAN that second Run was a serious mind trip!!
Kaminski and Velluto kept the best of the original run and made their own story. A "mind trip" is putting it lightly. I read volume 2 of BS before I ever read volume 1-yes, yes, I know, but I just didn't get the chance!-and well, it knocked me over. I loved that series. Too bad it only went 16 issues.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

xodacia81 wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Kaminski and Velluto kept the best of the original run and made their own story. A "mind trip" is putting it lightly. I read volume 2 of BS before I ever read volume 1-yes, yes, I know, but I just didn't get the chance!-and well, it knocked me over. I loved that series. Too bad it only went 16 issues.
So True! Poor Kaminski, he deserved at least 20 issues..He did the best with what he was given though! OMG :o

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

Cyberstrike wrote:
For those of you who don’t know about BLOODSHOT, don’t feel bad. Bloodshot is one of the hundreds of forgotten “extreme” creations of the variant-cover crazy 1990’s. First appearing in 1994, Bloodshot was a laundry list of pyrite age cliches. Like so many other 90’s creations, he was a cross between Wolverine and The Punisher: a nano-enhanced mob hitman re-animated by evil government scientists, and robbed of the memories of his past. Packing the obligatory high caliber firearms and clad in a vest with no shirt underneath, he blew people away in the name of revenge, justice, and speculator dollars. Not having read any BLOODSHOT, maybe I’m in no position to say whether this movie is a good idea or not, but I do know one thing, Rob Liefeld must kick himself in the butt every morning for not thinking of the name “Bloodshot” first.
Wow.

"Having never read..." I am the foremost authority on Bloodshot!

Robbed of his past - check
Healing abilities - check
Firearms - check

So, there is some truth in this, but to say that the character was nothing more than a swipe is unfair. Wolverine was not the first character to ever suffer amnesia, nor was the Punisher the first to seek revenge or carry a firearm.

I liked it that Bloodshot always carried real world weapons (at least in all that I've read) If Liefeld drew him he woulda had very interesting guns.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

MoonChild wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
So True! Poor Kaminski, he deserved at least 20 issues..He did the best with what he was given though! OMG :o
From my understanding, Kaminski had the thing plotted through about 24 issues when word came down that it was dying as of # 16.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

I recall something along those lines as well. ^ Right on for the refresh.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

MoonChild wrote:I recall something along those lines as well. ^ Right on for the refresh.
Bloodshot volume 2 and X, by Steven Grant from Dark Horse, were two of the coolest "superhero" books on the market back in the day and both had "long term" plots that got shortened because of "market issues". In the case of X, Grant had the thing plotted through about 50 or 60 issues and had to cut it to 25. You could really feel him pulling things in those last few issues. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that he took an additional 9 or 10 issues of story and packed them into those last 3. I think similar things happened with BS v2.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

That's exactly what happened, read the letters at the end, they were totally bummed about it.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

MoonChild wrote:That's exactly what happened, read the letters at the end, they were totally bummed about it.
I remember the letters in BOTH series. :(

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Believe it when you see it, folks. Believe it when you see it.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Knightt wrote:Believe it when you see it, folks. Believe it when you see it.
But of course :thumb:

dave
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai

Post by dave »

Knightt wrote:Believe it when you see it, folks. Believe it when you see it.
I seen it! I seen it! I had me a vision!

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Dino should make a cameo like how Stan Lee makes cameos in Marvel movies.

Squirrel
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by Squirrel »

I JUST saw this on the show "Attack of the Show" on G4 tv...they said the guy from "Kick *SQUEE*" is doing it :thumb:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

VEI can still figure a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on this sort of project. Just look at how they are setting the world on fire with the Harbinger movie.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

iggy101us wrote:Dino should make a cameo like how Stan Lee makes cameos in Marvel movies.
You know, when Stan first started doing that it seemed pretty cool, now it just seems like he's starving for attention.

Squirrel
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by Squirrel »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
iggy101us wrote:Dino should make a cameo like how Stan Lee makes cameos in Marvel movies.
You know, when Stan first started doing that it seemed pretty cool, now it just seems like he's starving for attention.
I agree 100% :thumb: :!: