Special Gift Toy Drive 2009

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH
Special Gift Toy Drive 2009

Post by Byrneout »

For those of you who are new to the board, or just need a reminder, I have a very personal reasonas to why I perform the Special Gift Toy Drive every year for the Shriners Burns Institute Hospitals.

In the past, we have done AMAZING things for the children... just look at what you accomplished in:
2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005.

This year, though, things are looking rough - donations are down across the board again... but that's where you guys come in to turn things around every year.

I'd like to announce the official beginning of the 2009 Special Gift Toy Drive, our chance to lighten the holidays for those less fortunate than we.

There will be a list of the "standard items" up on the boards later today. Also, it's great to receive donations of comics (particularly all ages material - Tiny Titans, Billy Batson and Super Friends comics are huge right now) to give them a taste of the passion we all share.

If you wish to contribute to a general fund to purchase items, let me know, and I'll send you details. In general, though, if it's not a book or video game, it needs to be NEW due to sterilization issues.

We will be collecting from NOW through Tuesday, December 22nd to allow time for delivery to Shriners.

THANK YOU ALL in advance for the great work I know we will do this year! This drive would be far, far smaller without the generous support I have found here!