Bragging rights - your best Dead Universe deal of late?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Yep, nice pick up. :thumb:

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

going for a ebay buy.

9 edge and forge trades ( all ones i am missing) wish me luck

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

gee I can feel the love in this thread.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Phantom wrote:gee I can feel the love in this thread.
I got yer love, right 'tchere.. :wink:

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Phantom wrote:going for a ebay buy.

Yeah they are sweet dude.

i loved these when they were coming out
the high quality and great price made life so easy when recommending something new to people.

Crossgen really is the top of the pile when it comes to DU's needing to get going again.

:thumb:
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Draco wrote:

the high quality and great price made life so easy when recommending something new to people.

Crossgen really is the top of the pile when it comes to DU's needing to get going again.

Dude, don't get me started !!! :lol: I toss around the idea of Crossgen and a buncha Eclipse titles all the time. Why I went into this Airboy completion mode is beyond me, but then I see the word Crossgen on the boards and BLAMMO, I'm back on track. So, I guess actually GET ME STARTED ? You keep me on track Draco... you are my compass. :wink:

Aren't you just PSYCHED when you make a nice score either on Ebay or some off the beaten trail comic shop ? I am still amazed at some of the stuff I have found. But now with a job that shackles me to a desk, my travelling days are over. :!:

I DO leave for California next week. I HOPE to find some shops local to where I will be. I sure hope so.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:
Draco wrote:

Dude, don't get me started !!! :lol: I toss around the idea of Crossgen and a buncha Eclipse titles all the time. Why I went into this Airboy completion mode is beyond me, but then I see the word Crossgen on the boards and BLAMMO, I'm back on track. So, I guess actually GET ME STARTED ? You keep me on track Draco... you are my compass. :wink:

Aren't you just PSYCHED when you make a nice score either on Ebay or some off the beaten trail comic shop ? I am still amazed at some of the stuff I have found. But now with a job that shackles me to a desk, my travelling days are over. :!:

I DO leave for California next week. I HOPE to find some shops local to where I will be. I sure hope so.
nothing better than a big grab of Du's dude and i mean nothing.

Drift and myself are completely and utterly in love with buying cheap bin DU's at the main London show where we trade.

Our best score to date is close to 5 long boxes between us and that was less than £100 in cash with some trades.

If we were in the same country i would spread the love so much and help people to get a habit as bad as ours week in week out.

I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

turborip
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by turborip »

Knightt wrote: I DO leave for California next week. I HOPE to find some shops local to where I will be. I sure hope so.
Which part of CA you going to be in? I was Los Angeles born but lived in the Northern CA area quite a bit too.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

turborip wrote:
Knightt wrote: I DO leave for California next week. I HOPE to find some shops local to where I will be. I sure hope so.
Which part of CA you going to be in? I was Los Angeles born but lived in the Northern CA area quite a bit too.
Where in Northern CA did you live ?

Fresno, CA... anybody know any LCS there ?

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

got those 9 trades for £15 including postage.
Someone out bid my 99 p with 2o min to go.
I was just pur chance that I checked, so I upped my bid to £5.55 and got it for £4 pounds :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

brought way of the rat trade aswell from smae seller, may give me discount.

Love the crossgen trades they are so cool ~~~ and cheap.
Looks like I am collecting another DU now. :clap:

Need to get to london for the comic conventions :!: hardly any shops have DU, and if they do they are at cover :!: .

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Phantom wrote:Looks like I am collecting another DU now.
BOO YAA !!!

turborip
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by turborip »

Knightt wrote:
turborip wrote:
Where in Northern CA did you live ?

Fresno, CA... anybody know any LCS there ?
After the family left Los Angeles in the 80's, we lived in Salinas a few years, then went down to the Paso Robles/San Luis Obispo area where my family still lives to this day. While in my early 20's, I frequented Fresno quite a bit as one of my best friends went to college there. The shop scene was OK, IIRC but we had a good friend that was getting all our books for us at just above wholesale, so we were using him.

After I got married, I moved up to Santa Cruz for several years and worked in Mountain View, all the while hanging with friends in San Francisco and Oakland. Lots of great shops between those areas.

Going back to Fresno though, its been too many years for me to know what's still left there.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Phantom wrote:got those 9 trades for £15 including postage.
Someone out bid my 99 p with 2o min to go.
I was just pur chance that I checked, so I upped my bid to £5.55 and got it for £4 pounds :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

brought way of the rat trade aswell from smae seller, may give me discount.

Love the crossgen trades they are so cool ~~~ and cheap.
Looks like I am collecting another DU now. :clap:

Need to get to london for the comic conventions :!: hardly any shops have DU, and if they do they are at cover :!: .
Well if you have only just started on Crossgen dude, i can help in a big way.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Draco. Do you have many trade paperbacks? or individual comics?
Either is cool ~ specially when I get started on binding.

Need to meet up again, maybe at a london convention.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Phantom wrote::thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Draco. Do you have many trade paperbacks? or individual comics?
Either is cool ~ specially when I get started on binding.

Need to meet up again, maybe at a london convention.
The next London show is Feb 1st dude.

I have no TPB's left on CG but 10+ boxes of issues to peruse.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Wow, I didn't know that the proliferation of CG went all the way over to England in such numbers of books. Would you guys 'across the big pond' say/think that CG books are easy to come by in the UK ? And do you find them more in the cheap bins or more so at cover price ?

Seeing as how CG is a DU do any of the books where you live command any high prices ?

I know that here in my town, I have wiped the CG books OUT, at like $.34 each (worked out a deal) and just bought EVERYTHING. Not to hoard but at those prices it was hard to resist because I can give them away or trade them away etc.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:Wow, I didn't know that the proliferation of CG went all the way over to England in such numbers of books. Would you guys 'across the big pond' say/think that CG books are easy to come by in the UK ? And do you find them more in the cheap bins or more so at cover price ?

Seeing as how CG is a DU do any of the books where you live command any high prices ?

I know that here in my town, I have wiped the CG books OUT, at like $.34 each (worked out a deal) and just bought EVERYTHING. Not to hoard but at those prices it was hard to resist because I can give them away or trade them away etc.
Im not sure a huge amount of UK retailers supported CG, but i was one of three that was part of their programme of retailers that held stock of all their products and proud to have been diplsyed in the back of each CG book advertised as such.

Since they shut shop i have bought several oter business inventory and still have 11 or so long boxes of CG books all in pretty much untouched high grade.

You do find them at show in 50p bins, but not in grea quantities.

i had a great success story with a guy from the Czech republic visiting the UK.
he came to a show last year and was wondering around looking for CG or chrisegen as he was pronouncing it.
Of course with so many ignorant retailers he had little luck till he found me.
im happy to sign or wahtever it takes to help if we are not talking the same language as im there to sell and help wherever possible.

So i sold him a box pretty much at 50p each and he took my number.
I recall looking around later that day and was at a stall where he was asking an old school retailer if he had any and the guy couldnt make out what he was asking for so he ignored him and he asked again and the retailer went all shy and kind of shrugged him off with a sorry and turned away.
So appalling in every way.
Anyway i gave the guy my number and email and we had severla back and forward as he wante dmore and had a friend over in London who could meet me and take another box off his wants list.

So he basically paid us to drive to London and for my time and for the comics and we did the deal.

now that was cool adn all about being what im supposed to be with some communication and people skills thrown in to boot.

turborip
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by turborip »

Draco wrote:
Knightt wrote:Wow, I didn't know that the proliferation of CG went all the way over to England in such numbers of books. Would you guys 'across the big pond' say/think that CG books are easy to come by in the UK ? And do you find them more in the cheap bins or more so at cover price ?

Im not sure a huge amount of UK retailers supported CG, but i was one of three that was part of their programme of retailers that held stock of all their products and proud to have been diplsyed in the back of each CG book advertised as such.

Since they shut shop i have bought several oter business inventory and still have 11 or so long boxes of CG books all in pretty much untouched high grade.

You do find them at show in 50p bins, but not in grea quantities.

i had a great success story with a guy from the Czech republic visiting the UK.
he came to a show last year and was wondering around looking for CG or chrisegen as he was pronouncing it.
Of course with so many ignorant retailers he had little luck till he found me.
im happy to sign or wahtever it takes to help if we are not talking the same language as im there to sell and help wherever possible.

So i sold him a box pretty much at 50p each and he took my number.
I recall looking around later that day and was at a stall where he was asking an old school retailer if he had any and the guy couldnt make out what he was asking for so he ignored him and he asked again and the retailer went all shy and kind of shrugged him off with a sorry and turned away.
So appalling in every way.
Anyway i gave the guy my number and email and we had severla back and forward as he wante dmore and had a friend over in London who could meet me and take another box off his wants list.

So he basically paid us to drive to London and for my time and for the comics and we did the deal.

now that was cool adn all about being what im supposed to be with some communication and people skills thrown in to boot.

That's a cool story! Kudos to you!

Maybe one day, us DU fanatics here will come up with some way to get such great stuff out of your hands! :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Nice, that is what is it all about brother, Draco !!

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

cheap crossgen trades on ebay at the moment ~ may go up in price.

Found a bunch of forge and edge ealsewere on the internet at .01p per GN, postage £2.75 per issue :!:
Emailed to see if he would combine postage :lol: hope he does :D

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Cool haul there... too bad about the 'poor condition'. These packs in mint condition were beautiful.

For the price... ya did good.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

nice :thumb:

J-Scott-R
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by J-Scott-R »

I picked up a nice lot of books today:

Airboy #1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10