Mapping out VH1 here...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
MoonChild wrote:For the Malev War I came up with this: MAG 21 FEB, MAG 22 MAR, MAG 23 APR, MAG 24 MAY, RAI 9 MAY, BLOOD 4 MAY, MAG 25 JUN, RAI 10 JUN, RAI 11 JUL, BLOOD 5 JUN, MAG 26 JUL.

There is deff. some plot error or confusion when trying to put this together, best way I could make it flow was like this ^. Only BloodShot 5 is 1 month out of order to make it work the best it possibly can. Maybe I missed something, anyone get a chance to take a look at this timeline/plot confusion yet?
Why do you have Bloodshot titles in a Malev War run? That was all 4000 AD and the early Bloodshot titles were all in present day from what I remember. I have a listing for my Magnus/Rai/Psi-Lords future hardbacking and I know I don't have it listed to run any Bloodshot issues in there. Now you have me wondering what I missed! :?
Well, color me stupid for not reading a few posts up from where I was asking my question. I'll have to go back and look at that. I totally don't remember that!

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

Just look at the cover to BloodShot 5!! :thumb: Please read em and let me know where you think they go.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Anyone think RAI #0 Should go first for or before RAI #9 for this HC?

Also, Correction, it Should Go RAI 9 MAY, BLOOD 4 MAY, BLOOD 5 JUN, MAG 25 JUN, RAI 10 JUN, so it is in order, and reads correctly [accept the error saying 4001 in BloodShot 5, cause in 4 it clearly reads April 9, 4002 and the next issue pics up where the last left off. The dates all work besides this error. Cool, it all makes sense now lol. :thumb:

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

MALEV WAR FINAL [35 Issues, 36 If You Include RAI 0]:

MAG 21 FEB, MAG 22 MAR, MAG 23 APR, MAG 24 MAY, [RAI 0 - Optional], RAI 9 MAY, BLOOD 4 MAY, BLOOD 5 JUN, MAG 25 JUN, RAI 10 JUN, RAI 11 JUL, MAG 26 JUL -through- MAG 29, RAI 12-15, MAG 30, RAI 16, MAG 31, RAI 17, MAG 32, MAG 33, RAI 18, MAG 34, RAI 19, MAG 35, RAI 20, MAG 36, RAI 21, MAG 37, RAI 22, RAI 23, MAG 38.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Now if I can somehow work this into a dust jacket! :thumb:
Anyone got the original color art for this?

Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

So glad you are working on this ~ really :thumb: :clap:
My rai and magnus runs will be bound together, 4000ad valiant style.

I thought I had them all ready to go.

Now I have to recheck

Better now than latter.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

:thumb:

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Updated.. check it out.

bribri
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by bribri »

MoonChild wrote:Here's my BloodShot Bound Collection, any input appreciated.

20 Issues each HC, perfect size, just right to add plenty of bonus material in each Volume!

Volume #1
RAI #0,
RAI Companion,
Eternal Warrior #4
Eternal Warrior #5,
BloodShot #0, 1, 2, 3,
Hard Corps #5,
BloodShot #4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
Secret Weapons #1, 2,
Eternal Warrior #12 [To Tell The Complete Story Arc], 13, 14
BloodShot #9

Volume #2
Eternal Warrior #15, 16,
BloodShot #10,
Secret Weapons #3,
BloodShot #11, 12, 13, 14,
Secret Weapons #8 [Last Page Only]
BloodShot #15
Secret Weapons #9, 10,
BloodShot #16, 17, 18, 19,
Secret Weapons #11, 12,
BloodShot #20,
Secret Weapons #13

Volume #3
BloodShot #21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26,
Rai #31, 32 [Optional: Shows Death, Fits well, released same time frame],
BloodShot #27,
Secret Weapons #20,
BloodShot #28,
Secret Weapons #21,
BloodShot #29, 30, 31, 32, 33,
Ninjak #19, 20, 21 [Optional: Released same time frame, fits well].

Volume #4
BloodShot #34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51,
Last Stand,
Yearbook
[Im Putting Yearbook Last so this way I can put the Yearbook 2 Pages right after.]

VOLUME #5
Acclaim BloodShot Collection 1-16
I'm just starting my book binding project and have been obsessed with the threads on the topic. It's fun. Anyway, I have a couple notes about this awesome Bloodshot list you've compiled:

1. I feel like the Rai Companion should go between BS #0 and #1. The Companion is short, and there is a little redundancy with BS #0, but I think it flows better and the last page of the Companion kind of sets up 1-10.

2. I'm not sure where to put Rai #0. I'm going to definitely include it in my Rai project (between 8 and 9), but for Bloodshot I don't know if it should go in the beginning or the end. I know that it shows his origin, but the origin is also covered in BS #0 and the Companion. And since Rai #0 shows Bloodshot's history beyond the scope of the series, I almost feel like it would be best as the final book in the BS run.

3. I don't think Last Stand should go at the very end. It should go a few issues earlier, about the same time that it was release. The story of Last Stand comes right off the heels of one of the regular issue that proceeded it. Offhand I can't remember which issue it is, but it's probably 44 or 45. Again, somewhere aroudn the release of Last Stand (Mar '96).

Two cents... Actually, three cents.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Cool cool, I'm keeping my order n hear your intent and it makes sense but after sitting there with all the books layed out & arraning & rearranging trying to get it right this is the final version I felt best about, still is, just me tho, opinions are beautiful.

Malev_Emperor
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Favorite character: Tohru Nakadai - Rai
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Re: Mapping out VH1 here...

Post by Malev_Emperor »

Moonchild,

You gave me some kind words on my research on this subject several posts ago and I am just returning from a long sabbatical from the internet. Since we are very like-minded when it come to the Malev War Map, I have done a little more in-depth study on the inconsistencies. This may be VERY long winded!!!

THE MALEV WAR: Book I

Magnus #21 takes place on 4/8/4002. The story begins with Magnus discovering Malevs have killed or imprisoned everyone on Phobos, except for Izak. As the heroes in North Am sense something dark is coming, the Malev Emperor (not me) reveals himself and his plans for Earth's conquest. He heads to his ship to depart for Earth, now dubbed Malev 7.

Magnus #22 takes place on 4/8/4002. The Malevs invade North Am as Magnus & Izak attempt to stop the Emperor from boarding his ship. they are unsuccessful.

Bloodshot #4 takes place on 4/8/4002 (but is dated incorrectly as 4/9/4002). The Malev Emperor, on his ship bound for Earth plans a strike against Japan's hero, Rai. Rentaro is captured.
*NOTE: What makes the most sense is to "pull out" the Malev Emperor portion of the book and place it at this point in the story. It works PERFECTLY due to the page layout.

Magnus #23 takes place on 4/8/4002. Magnus and the Malevs make it to earth and the Malevs take over the North Am Mainbrain.

Magnus #24 takes place on 4/8/4002. All our heroes band together and fight Malevs at Synchron. Magnus sats he knows of others who can help.

Bloodshot #4 takes place on 4/9/4002. Gilad Ani-Padda fights Malevs.
*NOTE: I have chosen to include the first part of the Bloodshot story here, simply because the date works out better and the Gilad pages can't be rearranged due to the way the page layout of the story flows.

Rai #0 takes place between 4/10 and 4/11/4002. Geomancer tells the history of the Valiant Universe. Takao Konishi becomes Rai.

Rai #9 takes place on 4/11/4002. The heroes repel the Malevs at Japan and plan their next move.

Bloodshot #5 takes place around this time. Malevs interrogate Rentaro. Gilad arrives at Rentaro's shattered home. Rai and Gilad rescue Rentaro from a Malev stronghold. The Malev Emperor lets Rai go (too easily).
*NOTE: It makes the most sense to put the rest of the story here. Despite the HUGE errors in dates, this is some cool stuff that deserves inclusion in the overall storyline. Rai clearly meets Gilad for the first time in Rai #9, so he does recognize him in this issue, although he seems surprised to see him. I will assume the geomancer sent them both out to look for Rentaro RE: their proximity to one another.

Rai #10 takes place on 4/12/4002. The Malevs take over Elzy and other humans to kill Rai. Elzy survives but Spylocke kills all the other possessed humans.
*NOTE: Another good pull-out section of the first 6 pages. We'll get back here in a minute!

Magnus #25 takes place on 4/12/4002. The Malev Emperor sees that his assassination attempt against Rai is failing.
*NOTE: Another good pull-out section of the first 7 pages.

Rai #10: Rokkie and Magnus talk and Rai leaves for Ladakh and Mother Nike.
*NOTE: Pullout pages 9-10.

Magnus #25: Rai leaves for Ladakh as Magnus & Leeja are strained. Rokkie and Magnus leave for the undersea base and arrive.
*NOTE: Pullout pages 8-11.

Rai #10: Mother Nike convinces Rai of his mission.
*NOTE: Pullout pages 11-12.

Magnus #25: Magnus fights malevs and finds 1-A alive (so to speak). Magnus learns who his parents are. The undersea base is destroyed.
*NOTE: Pullout Pages 12-31.

Rai #10: The heroes storm the Mainbrain.
NOTE: The rest of the issue. Pages 15-30.

Rai #11, then Magnus #26 and so on and so on...

I think the interplay between Rai #10 and Magnus #25 is cool, as we keep flashing back and forth between the characters for a while, sort of like a movie would do. And the pages work out perfectly, thankfully!

*NOTE: Who are you guys using these days to bind? Who's the best for the money?

ME
Malev Emperor
Un-official Valiant Archivist

bribri

Post by bribri »

IanAlexavier wrote:Turok
Book 1: 0-15 Turok Yearbook 1,16-23
Book 2: 24-47
Book 3: Turok the Hunted 1-2, Turok/Timewalker 1-2, Turok: Empty Souls, Turok: Spring Break, Turok: Redpath
Turok: Tales of Lost Land, Turok: Child, Turok 1-4
Turok/Shadowman, Turok 3, Turok Evolution
IanAlexander,
First, I love this thread. I'm in the midst of binding my Valiant universe. I wanted to mention something about the order of your Turok Book 3, which are mostly Acclaim books. I'm not sure if you are still taking feedback on the original post because it was so long ago, but I am binding mine with the following order, which matches the release dates:

1. Empty Souls
2. Spring Break
3. Turok/Timewalker 1
4. Turok/Timewalker 2
5. Red Path
6. Child of Blood
7. Tales of the Lost Land
8. Turok 1
9. Turok 2
10. Turok 3
11. Turok 4
12. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
13. Turok 2: Adon's Curse
12. Turok/Shadowman
13. Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
14. Turok Evolution

So, the differences are that the "Timewalker" books were between Spring Break and Red Path, and Child of Blood was before Tales of the Lost Land. (Of course, one can put the books in any order they like!!! It's a matter of preference, but I'm just offering the original release order and how I'm binding my books. :) )

On a side note, you'll notice that I've added Seeds of Evil and Adon's Curse. These two comics were included in magazines that are too large to insert into a bound book. However, there is a lot of excess space around the edges of each page in each magazine. So, I actually spent the time cutting each page down to the size of a normal comic. Minimal artwork was lost on the sides, top and bottom of each page. I had to be really careful to consider both sides of each page to determine where to cut. Unfortunately, two pages were slightly too big and I had to make an executive decision about what to lose. But two pages out of two magazines was not bad, and for me it was worth it to include them in my bound book!

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to include these two books?!? :hm:

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Bribri.. I bumped the VH 2 mapping thread. :)

Donovan
...formerly The Beyonder
...formerly The Beyonder
Valiant fan since: Unity. The first time.
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: VEI Quantum & Woody
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Romulo Fajardo

Post by Donovan »

Where are people binding the Outcast Special?

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Wow, how did I miss this post!!! I was hoping I'd get a detailed reply from you or someone else with the patience and drive to get this straight! I'll read your whole post in detail right now, I gave it a once over just a moment ago. Thanks again bro!
Malev_Emperor wrote:Moonchild,

You gave me some kind words on my research on this subject several posts ago and I am just returning from a long sabbatical from the internet. Since we are very like-minded when it come to the Malev War Map, I have done a little more in-depth study on the inconsistencies. This may be VERY long winded!!!

THE MALEV WAR: Book I

Magnus #21 takes place on 4/8/4002. The story begins with Magnus discovering Malevs have killed or imprisoned everyone on Phobos, except for Izak. As the heroes in North Am sense something dark is coming, the Malev Emperor (not me) reveals himself and his plans for Earth's conquest. He heads to his ship to depart for Earth, now dubbed Malev 7.

Magnus #22 takes place on 4/8/4002. The Malevs invade North Am as Magnus & Izak attempt to stop the Emperor from boarding his ship. they are unsuccessful.

Bloodshot #4 takes place on 4/8/4002 (but is dated incorrectly as 4/9/4002). The Malev Emperor, on his ship bound for Earth plans a strike against Japan's hero, Rai. Rentaro is captured.
*NOTE: What makes the most sense is to "pull out" the Malev Emperor portion of the book and place it at this point in the story. It works PERFECTLY due to the page layout.

Magnus #23 takes place on 4/8/4002. Magnus and the Malevs make it to earth and the Malevs take over the North Am Mainbrain.

Magnus #24 takes place on 4/8/4002. All our heroes band together and fight Malevs at Synchron. Magnus sats he knows of others who can help.

Bloodshot #4 takes place on 4/9/4002. Gilad Ani-Padda fights Malevs.
*NOTE: I have chosen to include the first part of the Bloodshot story here, simply because the date works out better and the Gilad pages can't be rearranged due to the way the page layout of the story flows.

Rai #0 takes place between 4/10 and 4/11/4002. Geomancer tells the history of the Valiant Universe. Takao Konishi becomes Rai.

Rai #9 takes place on 4/11/4002. The heroes repel the Malevs at Japan and plan their next move.

Bloodshot #5 takes place around this time. Malevs interrogate Rentaro. Gilad arrives at Rentaro's shattered home. Rai and Gilad rescue Rentaro from a Malev stronghold. The Malev Emperor lets Rai go (too easily).
*NOTE: It makes the most sense to put the rest of the story here. Despite the HUGE errors in dates, this is some cool stuff that deserves inclusion in the overall storyline. Rai clearly meets Gilad for the first time in Rai #9, so he does recognize him in this issue, although he seems surprised to see him. I will assume the geomancer sent them both out to look for Rentaro RE: their proximity to one another.

Rai #10 takes place on 4/12/4002. The Malevs take over Elzy and other humans to kill Rai. Elzy survives but Spylocke kills all the other possessed humans.
*NOTE: Another good pull-out section of the first 6 pages. We'll get back here in a minute!

Magnus #25 takes place on 4/12/4002. The Malev Emperor sees that his assassination attempt against Rai is failing.
*NOTE: Another good pull-out section of the first 7 pages.

Rai #10: Rokkie and Magnus talk and Rai leaves for Ladakh and Mother Nike.
*NOTE: Pullout pages 9-10.

Magnus #25: Rai leaves for Ladakh as Magnus & Leeja are strained. Rokkie and Magnus leave for the undersea base and arrive.
*NOTE: Pullout pages 8-11.

Rai #10: Mother Nike convinces Rai of his mission.
*NOTE: Pullout pages 11-12.

Magnus #25: Magnus fights malevs and finds 1-A alive (so to speak). Magnus learns who his parents are. The undersea base is destroyed.
*NOTE: Pullout Pages 12-31.

Rai #10: The heroes storm the Mainbrain.
NOTE: The rest of the issue. Pages 15-30.

Rai #11, then Magnus #26 and so on and so on...

I think the interplay between Rai #10 and Magnus #25 is cool, as we keep flashing back and forth between the characters for a while, sort of like a movie would do. And the pages work out perfectly, thankfully!

*NOTE: Who are you guys using these days to bind? Who's the best for the money?

ME
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

Steve Topper

Post by Steve Topper »

And as an answer to Malev Emperor and any others with a like question - I've started using Herring and Robinson in San Francisco. Their prices are great - $23.50 for bindings with multiple die stampings; $18.50 for basic binds (no die stamps) and the quality is among the best I've seen - much better than Library Binding when they were still in business.

http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com/

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Thanks Topp! Ill check em out :thumb:
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

bribri

Post by bribri »

It seems silly to post on this thread with all of the exciting news about X-O, Bloodshot and Harbinger :clap:, but I am finishing up my Magnus binding project and have made uncommon choices for the "extras" (i.e. Vintage, Original, Yearbook, Nexus and Predator). It seems like most are choosing to place these issues at the end of their bound books. But because the early Valiant Magnus books assimilated the original Gold Key run to a great extent, I've decided to incorporate the extras into the VH1 Magnus timeline as follows:
  • Vintage 1: 8/5/4000 - Reprint of GK Magnus 1 (Magnus arrives in North Am)
    Yearbook 1: Follow-up to Vintage 1
    Original 1: Reprint of GK Magnus 2
    Vintage 2: Reprint of GK Magnus 3
    Vintage 3: Reprint of GK Magnus 13
    Vintage 4: Reprint of GK Magnus 16
    Nexus 1-2: No dates, but definitely pre-Steel Nation
    Magnus 0-11: 3/15/4001 through 5/22/4001
    Predator 1-2: 6/2/4001
    Magnus 12-19: 6/15/4001 through 8/13/4001
    Magnus 20: 3/21/3992 - Based on timeline this book should have gone first. However, it is set up as a flashback and depends too much on details provided in the books listed above. Therefore, I decided to keep it here, just before the Malev War.
There are plenty of discussions about the Malev War in this thread. So, I won't go there. I just wanted to introduce my method for dealing with the Magnus "extras". Thanks for reading. :D

Phantom..
Re:

Post by Phantom.. »

Phantom.. wrote:Book 1: Original MRF 1, MRF & Nexus 1-2, Vintage MRF 1-4, MRF YB1, MRF 0-4, MRF/Rai flipbook 5-8, MRF 9-11,
20 books

Book 2 Predator vs. MRF 1-2, MRF 12-14.: RAI 1-5 ,MRF 15, RAI 6, MRF 16, RAI 7-8 ,RAI o and companion MRF 17-20,

18 plus

Book 3. ( war) MRF 21 ~24 RFF 9, MRF 25, RFF 10-11, MRF 26-29, RFF 12-15, MRF 30, RFF 16, MRF 31, RFF 17, MRF 32-33,

Book 4 RFF 18. MRF 34, RFF 19, MRF 35, RFF 20, MRF 36, RFF 21, MRF 37, RFF 22-23, MRF 38. MRF-39, PSI 1-3, MRF 40, RAI 24-26, MRF 41,

Book 5 Chaos Effect Omega, CE Ep1-2, MRF 42, RAI 27-30, MRF 43-46, PSI 4-7, Destroyer 0, PSI 8-10, MRF 47-48,

Book 6 RAI 31-33, MRF 49-64.

Book 7 Magnus 1 ~18 accliam. ~ will see if Dark horse do ongoing? otherwise just 1~4

Secrets of the Valiant Universe #3??
Should NIO go in the back of Book 7?

IF magnus in ongoing in mini series from Dark Horse IO may do this.

Am going to re read to make sure I am happy.
still thinking about this. Learned that orginianl magnus was 2ns issue so will put it between vintage 1 and 2. Nexus story sucked a bit, but will keep it in their.
Will drop the rai companion ~ repeates the rai o alot.

Having trouble with secrets of the valiant universe issue 3. was going to put before magnus issue 5 (as protologue to rai ) but just doesn't sit well after steel nation. May put it in the my bound book one or drop it. Will be moving magnus vs predator aswell.

Almoust readt to got.

Once this complicated on is down. Then all the easy ones will flow.

bribri

Post by bribri »

Yes, Original Magnus #1 is a reprint of Gold Key Magnus #3 and should definitely go between Vintage #1 and #2 (if you're trying to follow the order of Gold Key books).

Furthermore, I also recommend putting Yearbook #1 directly after Vintage #1 and before Original Magnus #1. If you go back and read it, you'll find plot points that relate to Vintage #1. For example, he is fighting H8's leftover robots, and the senator asks Magnus why he suddenly showed up in North Am (suggesting the story is directly after his arrival, as outlined in Vintage #1).

And I think you should place Magnus/Nexus after the Vintage series. It doesn't make sense that he's palling around with Nexus in Norht Am before his arrival in North Am. Here is what I suggest for your Book 1:

Book 1: Vintage MRF 1, MRF YB 1, Original MRF 1, Vintage MRF 2-4, MRF & Nexus 1-2, MRF 0-4, MRF/Rai flipbook 5-8, MRF 9-11,
20 books

I'm sure it seems odd to split up the Vintage series, but as far as stories go, it makes a lot of sense. Take it for what it's worth! Just trying to help!! :D

Phantom..

Post by Phantom.. »

It does thank you.
What about secret of valiant universe? Issue 3 year 3200 roughly. Or drop it. It is relevant, but do not want to interrupt story.

Was thinking someone in book one. Prelude to events.

Any ideas?

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

very nice malv war layout.

bribri

Post by bribri »

Phantom.. wrote:It does thank you.
What about secret of valiant universe? Issue 3 year 3200 roughly. Or drop it. It is relevant, but do not want to interrupt story.

Was thinking someone in book one. Prelude to events.

Any ideas?
Yeah, that's a tough one. I think you'll have to go with your gut on that book. It is definitely relevant, but it's not directly tied to any one story. I don't think it should be placed chronologically, though. If it were, it woudl be the very first book and would not flow well.

I placed it between Rai 8 and Rai 0. From your Book 2 list it would be:
  • Book 2 Predator vs. MRF 1-2, MRF 12-14.: RAI 1-5 ,MRF 15, RAI 6, MRF 16, RAI 7-8 ,SVV 3, RAI o and companion MRF 17-20,
Rai 7 is the end of Unity and then Rai 8 wraps up the story of the first Rai (by "first" I mean from the audience's point of view). And the new Rai introduced in Rai 0/Rai 9 is very different than the ones created by Grandmother. So, the story of the Rai in SVV 3 makes for a really nice Epilogue to the original Rai series (1-8), especially since SVV 3 involves Mothergod and Unity, which is exactly where the "first" Rai's story ends.

It's a nice break in the action before moving on to the new Rai.

Phantom..

Post by Phantom.. »

Brilliant idea.
Was reading through my to be bound set thinking.
Secret of valiant just doesn,t sit well in book one. Even the art is out of context.plus it includes unity reference which the reader would be wtf? And confused. Sorry language.

So your idea is the best so far. Cheers!

Will read it in that order, and see how it fits.

Thats what makes writing on the board worthwhile.

Phantom..

Post by Phantom.. »

Valiant 4000ad is so much more complicated than other runs.

Should bloodshot 6 and 7 go at start of ninjak bound?

Joe q is going to kapow 2012. Would love him to sign a bound addition.