New Turok Article (and Greg Interview) on CCL's news site!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Valiant_1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
New Turok Article (and Greg Interview) on CCL's news site!

Post by Valiant_1 »

http://news.comiccollectorlive.com/News ... fault.aspx

If anyone would like to check it out!

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

In response to the issue about space, I get the impression that the game doesn't even take place on Earth. Here is an excerpt from Gamespot.
You'll play as Joseph Turok, a black-ops soldier who is part of Whiskey Company. Joseph's former mentor in the black ops, Roland Kane, has gone rogue and left for another planet for an unknown reason. Turok and his team are sent to bring Kane back, but the mission goes to hell when their ship is shot down and crashes on a mysterious planet. Your objectives are to survive, find your fellow soldiers, and capture Kane.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... es;title;1

Valiant_1

Post by Valiant_1 »

Yeah, as far as I can tell, it doesn't take place on Earth.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

Good work Steve! :thumb:

TKWill

Post by TKWill »

I agree, great article. :thumb:

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Nice article Steve :thumb:

Valiant_1

Post by Valiant_1 »

Thanks guys! :) I'm slightly proud!

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

The article is blocked at school.

Fliters = :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Elveen wrote:The article is blocked at school.

Fliters = :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
For those that can't see it.
Something About Killing Dinosaurs Never Goes Out of Style: Why Turok ‘Rocks’
(Story by Steve Boyd)

Stories of Native American warriors have interested readers for years, but when you throw in some dinosaurs, add some characterization and a “Lost Valley” or “Land”, you have a recipe for success that has endured in some form or another for over 50 years. The story of Turok has always been a popular one for comic book fans for decades ; a tale that helped launch several popular video games, a toy line, and now an animated movie and a brand new video game.

Created by Western Publishing under the Dell imprint, comic readers were first introduced to Turok in the pages of “Four Color Comics” #596 back in 1954. After two issues under this title, he received his own comic book called “Turok: Son of Stone”. This series focused on the warrior Turok, his young companion Andar, and their adventures in a Lost Valley, where dinosaurs still roamed the Earth. The concept was unique and readers agreed, keeping the series alive on and off through the years until Turok began to appear under the imprint of an independent comic company called Valiant Comics. Bringing together other classic comic characters such as Magnus: Robot Fighter and Solar: Man of the Atom, Turok was a welcome addition to the universe Valiant had built. Turok’s back story was tweaked and the Native American was given his own title called “Turok: Dinosaur Hunter”. “Turok's inclusion in the Valiant universe, particularly as a resident of the same "lost land" that hosted Valiant's Unity conflict, gave the former Dell/Gold Key/Western character an opportunity to interact with Valiant's characters,” says Greg Holland, webmaster for fansites ValiantComics.com and ValiantFans.com, “which are my personal favorites.”

After video game company Acclaim purchased Valiant, they began to change the character even more. Abandoning what had been done before, Acclaim introduced readers to Joshua Fireseed, a young college student who would inherit the name of “Turok”, a title passed on through generations to protect Earth’s dimension from strange dinosaur-like creatures called bionosaurs. Acclaim used this platform to birth a series of video games based of off these characters. The last video game, “Turok: Evolution” was the final game under Acclaim’s supervision, and fans were left to wonder if their favorite Dinosaur Hunter would ever return.

Now in 2008, fans have reason to get excited about Turok again. A new video game for the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 game platforms will be released in February 2008 by Touchstone. In this first-person shooter reminiscent of the original video games, Turok is one of a group of soldiers fighting to stay alive on a hostile world. “I have seen the "trailer" for the upcoming XBox 360 game,” says Holland. “What's interesting about Turok is that you never know "which" Turok is being used. Is it the original? Is it only loosely based on the original? Are there dinosaurs? Is there a land outside of time? Judging from the new video game, we also need to ask, is outer space involved in any way? Turok has become a "generic term" for a wide variety of Turok "incarnations" or even "generations". While that inconsistency doesn't fit very well in the original Valiant universe, it does keep up a trend of Turok re-invention that's been happening for decades.”

The game will feature many prominent actors providing the voices for some of the characters such as: Ron Perlman, Powers Boothe, and Donnie Wahlberg to name a few. The video game will have an “M” rating for violence and content. Classic Media also plans on releasing a 70-minute animated DVD feature called “Turok: Son of Stone”, based on a hybrid of the original concept of Turok, and Valiant’s take on the character. The DVD is scheduled to be released in February 2008 as well.

With over 50 years of history under this character’s belt, it’s safe to say Turok will continue to delight fans in nearly all entertainment mediums for years to come.
For more information on the Turok video game, visit www.turok.com.
For more information on Turok comic books, visit the following sites:

JustCallMeAric
...remember that they are just paper.
...remember that they are just paper.

Post by JustCallMeAric »

Sucks they dont make it for Wii. Guess im outta luck.

Valiant_1

Post by Valiant_1 »

Man, how cool would ANY of the Turok games be on the Wii. I suppose Evolution can be played, but that's all.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

nice one :thumb: :thumb: