eBay: Harbinger 1-7, Magnus 0, 1-10, 12, Rai 0, 1-4, more

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
eBay: Harbinger 1-7, Magnus 0, 1-10, 12, Rai 0, 1-4, more

Post by Brother J »

I went ahead and listed some more Valiants on eBay, some pretty good lots, Harbinger #1-7 (#1-6 with coupons), Magnus #1-10 (#1-8 with coupons), Magnus #0, Magnus #12, Rai #0, 1-4, and Shadowman Vol.2 #1-6. Here's the link:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... j*valiants

Escaflown4
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

Jeez, I was hoping to win your harbinger lot, but now with Gambit_123 slapping everybody with outrageous bids, I guess I'll have to back down. It's so frustrating that lately there has been a number of people popping in from nowhere throwing down obscene bids. I wonder does this have to do with the recent hype Wizard and Overstreet have been promoting. :(

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

Heh, i was watching that one. Had a bid in as well early on.. then was surprised to see how much it jumped..

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

WHAT is going on with the Magnus #0?? :shock:

Oh yea and Harbinger lot yadayadaya..... I can't see people sleeping on the Harbinger coupon books, they just keep creeping up in value.

tbrezz
Long Live Valiant
Long Live Valiant
Valiant fan since: Harbinger 17 May 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by tbrezz »

Seen something I'd like :D Now see if I get it :twisted:
Long Live Valiant Because the Voices in My Head Say So
Brandon

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

lobo wrote:WHAT is going on with the Magnus #0?? :shock:

Oh yea and Harbinger lot yadayadaya..... I can't see people sleeping on the Harbinger coupon books, they just keep creeping up in value.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2258058447

I am with you on that Magnus 0...that seems absurd...I cant imagine that being a good idea...Of course there are 2 other copies of this book on ebay and he is the highest bidder on those also...Good luck to him...Hell he is willing to pay 5 times guide for that book...let him...and yes I know that as long as he thinks he is gettinga good deal it is a good deal and people should buy what they want and everything, but cmon...nearly5 times guide? It is not even the version with the card! Have fun with it :twisted:

FutureShock
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by FutureShock »

He is currently the high bidder on my Harbinger #0 Pink too, but he is bidding more for the Magnus #0. Maybe he knows something we don't???? :?:
It's not a lie, if you believe it.

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

he is the high bidder on all harby pink's on ebay atm. I tried to get in on just one of them and was outbid quickly.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

Eric Jackson wrote:he is the high bidder on all harby pink's on ebay atm. I tried to get in on just one of them and was outbid quickly.
Good luck to him. I wonder if he will start getting punishment bids like aug and rot get...I tend to disagree with that type of thing, but this might warrant it... :twisted:

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

i see that the inmate from your web link is detained yet again.

http://jail.lfucg.com/services/offender ... teimage=E1

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Check out all the pictures on the Image History link on the left. There's a mug near the bottom where he must have fallen off the chair.

Pretty funny, Dawgphan. :twisted:

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

Eric Jackson wrote:i see that the inmate from your web link is detained yet again.

http://jail.lfucg.com/services/offender ... teimage=E1
The best part is that he gets outta jail in the AM and is locked up that night...I need to take a road trip to lexington and try and check him out one day...maybe buy him a drink or something...he is rather famous in internet circles...He has been arrest over 800 times...very impressive...

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

depluto wrote:Check out all the pictures on the Image History link on the left. There's a mug near the bottom where he must have fallen off the chair.

Pretty funny, Dawgphan. :twisted:
The infamous...."So drunk I am invisible" picture...several of the pictures have him wearing a very cosby-esque sweater...all of the mug shots are funny. What is really funny is that the city of lexington is paying a ton of money for their website because of this guy...the site has gone down several times because of major traffic. He has been written about in newspapers and he has even been on the Jimmy Kimmel show once...all because he likes to get drunk...what dedication.

TLC55555
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by TLC55555 »

DawgPhan wrote:
Eric Jackson wrote:he is the high bidder on all harby pink's on ebay atm. I tried to get in on just one of them and was outbid quickly.
Good luck to him. I wonder if he will start getting punishment bids like aug and rot get...I tend to disagree with that type of thing, but this might warrant it... :twisted:

..and why would my terrible behavior "warrant it"? I'm going to be on vacation for the remainer of this week and wanted to put bids in prior to going. I don't use snipper software. Maybe I should to avoid upsetting some of the more sensitive individuals.

I collect Valiants just like the rest of you. What seems to be the problem? Is it the purchasing of multiple issues? I know for a fact that I'm far from the only one that has multiple copies of certain issues, as I've been offered many of them for purchase (after my high bids were viewed on Ebay of course). Is it the high bid prices I put in? Remember it takes at least two bidders to raise the price. I put in my maximums before I leave for vacation. If you want them more, go for it.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Whatever floats your boat, TLC.

Does Aug002 know you have his credit card? :wink:

TLC55555

Post by TLC55555 »

depluto wrote:Whatever floats your boat, TLC.

Does Aug002 know you have his credit card? :wink:
That bidding whimp has got nothin'! :D

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

TLC55555 wrote: I collect Valiants just like the rest of you. What seems to be the problem? Is it the purchasing of multiple issues? I know for a fact that I'm far from the only one that has multiple copies of certain issues, as I've been offered many of them for purchase (after my high bids were viewed on Ebay of course). Is it the high bid prices I put in? Remember it takes at least two bidders to raise the price. I put in my maximums before I leave for vacation. If you want them more, go for it.
Hey, if you want them all for that price, then they are all yours. However, that doesn't make it any less annoying for those who want just one. Namely me :)

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Eric Jackson wrote:Hey, if you want them all for that price, then they are all yours.
I wouldn't say "they're ALL his"... since I'm not selling mine. :wink:

soundoftheuniverse
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by soundoftheuniverse »

TLC is serious about Valiants right now. It will pass unless he's got bankroll like that, most of us don't. *wave

I never did understand why anyone would cut out the BWS card to make it more rare. Seemed retarded to me. I try to go for the Mag 0's w/ the card as they seem more "special" to me.

I sat there fondeling the BIN button on this auction for 10 min last night before giving in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

Mag 0 as Greg and I discussed is the one of those few books that's never a let down. Harbie Pink you have the possibility of getting let down with a Blue. CEAR & Unity, same thing. Early Harbinger & Magnus books you get the missing coupons or cards, major let down. But Good 'Ol Mag 0 Never lets ya down, cuz it's always Good 'Ol Mag 0 :D

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

TLC55555 wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

..and why would my terrible behavior "warrant it"? I'm going to be on vacation for the remainer of this week and wanted to put bids in prior to going. I don't use snipper software. Maybe I should to avoid upsetting some of the more sensitive individuals.

I collect Valiants just like the rest of you. What seems to be the problem? Is it the purchasing of multiple issues? I know for a fact that I'm far from the only one that has multiple copies of certain issues, as I've been offered many of them for purchase (after my high bids were viewed on Ebay of course). Is it the high bid prices I put in? Remember it takes at least two bidders to raise the price. I put in my maximums before I leave for vacation. If you want them more, go for it.
Oh no problem. I dont care how many you have or how much you want to bid. That is fine with me, just know that this sort of behavior normally gets a few punishment bids. Honestly I dont know if I agree with it, but it does happen and some might feel it is warranted....Good luck...I hope you enjoy your $90 Magnus 0...I know that Brother J will enjoy your money...

TLC55555

Post by TLC55555 »

It's only money baby! You cant take it with you. Additionally, I'd only be so lucky to win if I'm not overbid.
DawgPhan wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

Oh no problem. I dont care how many you have or how much you want to bid. That is fine with me, just know that this sort of behavior normally gets a few punishment bids. Honestly I dont know if I agree with it, but it does happen and some might feel it is warranted....Good luck...I hope you enjoy your $90 Magnus 0...I know that Brother J will enjoy your money...

soundoftheuniverse
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by soundoftheuniverse »

TLC55555 wrote:
It's only money baby! You cant take it with you. Additionally, I'd only be so lucky to win if I'm not overbid.
Good point, unfortunately only those with lots of it seem to have this attitude. And the chances of you being out bid on that particular book are about the same as Greg giving birth to a baby gorilla. Not gonna happen... right G? :twisted:

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

soundoftheuniverse wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:
Good point, unfortunately only those with lots of it seem to have this attitude. And the chances of you being out bid on that particular book are about the same as Greg giving birth to a baby gorilla. Not gonna happen... right G? :twisted:
Another problem with the "It's only money" is that they are only comics and it is only a house...you cant take ANYTHING with you...so why have anything. Why not just give all of your money to people with problems..at least the world you leave behind will be a little better...Man I really dont want to get into this because some one should be able to spend their money how they want and other people's problems are not your own, but you made the argument, "its just money" Well it isnt just money....It is a solution...it is an answer...it is a meal....a house...a better life...an education...it is lots of things to lots of people...but what it isnt is just money...

TLC55555

Post by TLC55555 »

DawgPhan wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:
Another problem with the "It's only money" is that they are only comics and it is only a house...you cant take ANYTHING with you...so why have anything. Why not just give all of your money to people with problems..at least the world you leave behind will be a little better...Man I really dont want to get into this because some one should be able to spend their money how they want and other people's problems are not your own, but you made the argument, "its just money" Well it isnt just money....It is a solution...it is an answer...it is a meal....a house...a better life...an education...it is lots of things to lots of people...but what it isnt is just money...
I was making a JOKE! However, since you feel that way, why don't you can sell me all your Valiants and you can give all the money to charity. No? Didn't think so! Why is it that you are able to purchase comics, but still sleep at night. Shouldn't your money be going to the poor, homeless folks? I mean that is the argument you are making correct?

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

TLC55555 wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:
I was making a JOKE! However, since you feel that way, why don't you can sell me all your Valiants and you can give all the money to charity. No? Didn't think so! Why is it that you are able to purchase comics, but still sleep at night. Shouldn't your money be going to the poor, homeless folks? I mean that is the argument you are making correct?
No that is not the argument I was making. I think that you should spend your money the way you want to and no one should try and tell you differnt...You earned it. It is yours. Of course that does not mean that I have to like the way you spend your money...that is all I am saying...

Lets see I really didnt want to get into this, but yes I do buy comics and I would sell them to you since you seem more than happy to pay 4 times guide...So I tell you what I will sell you every single valiant I have at 2 times guide...I will give 1/2 of all the money to charity and 10% to greg. What do you think about that...You can see my collection on the inventory page under DawgPhan. How about that. Right Now...paypal me the money and I will send the books off this weekend...NO JOKE....lets do it...I will get some money...Greg will get some money and some needy people will get some money....sounds good to me....Right...PM me and I will send ou my paypal info....no problem...No sweat off my balls...comics are comics I can put another collection together no problem...hell I would probably enjoy it since I enjoy the chase...So drop me a PM and we will do this...Hell I will let you pick the charity...It is only money right?

Oh and I work for a non-profit agency...which I donate a part of every paycheck to. I also donate money to United Way. I donate toys every year to Toys for Tots...I work hard for my money and believe that other people's problems are not my own, but it doesnt mean that I dont want to help....I just shouldnt be forced to...Still serious about selling my collection. Put your money where your mouth is....