README FIRST: The Re-Reading Valiant Project

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...
Re: README FIRST: The Re-Reading Valiant Project

Post by IanAlexavier »

Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:59:25 pm
IanAlexavier wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:07:00 pm
Thanks, Ryan! I hope you're doing well! I'm hoping to recreate the journey that we all went through the first time around for my friend who just started reading :)
Thanks Ian, you too! Keep us updated on how it goes. If you put a list together with all the issues by release date make sure to share it on here, I'm sure that might tempt others to join in on the re-read :D
I wonder if I could get some help on here.. maybe start adding the dates in and having contributors offer suggestions? Greg has a great start but it may not be in perfect reading order. :hm:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

IanAlexavier wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:33:50 pm
Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:59:25 pm
IanAlexavier wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:07:00 pm
Thanks, Ryan! I hope you're doing well! I'm hoping to recreate the journey that we all went through the first time around for my friend who just started reading :)
Thanks Ian, you too! Keep us updated on how it goes. If you put a list together with all the issues by release date make sure to share it on here, I'm sure that might tempt others to join in on the re-read :D
I wonder if I could get some help on here.. maybe start adding the dates in and having contributors offer suggestions? Greg has a great start but it may not be in perfect reading order. :hm:
https://valiant.fandom.com/wiki/Category:1991

Try using that site. You'd have to go through each year and month at a time. Best case, it will tell you which titles were released which month, but not which week.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

That Mike's World link provides the exact week when each issue was released. That's very helpful yet I'd still need to determine how those books should be read. Maybe the chronological reading list could help at this.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

IanAlexavier wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:06:23 pm That Mike's World link provides the exact week when each issue was released. That's very helpful yet I'd still need to determine how those books should be read. Maybe the chronological reading list could help at this.
Looking at that link, it looks like it could be used to put together a weekly checklist for sure.

For comics released the same week, I'd recommend reading them in alphabetical order. That's how I did it. Unless the narratives are linked, such as was the case during Malev War and the like.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic: