What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Heath wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Heath wrote:down some vienna sausages
Dood! You know what's in those things, right? Lips and a$$holes!
Three words: Broke. College. Student.

I think Diablo took my grocery money for that week... :)
Hey, no excuses - everyone knows there is NOTHING cheaper on Earth than good ol' Ramen noodles. 5 cents a package and enough calories and carbs to keep you going all through the day!

:lol:

-slym (still waiting on the movie name, folks)
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

slym2none wrote:
Heath wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Heath wrote:down some vienna sausages
Dood! You know what's in those things, right? Lips and a$$holes!
Three words: Broke. College. Student.

I think Diablo took my grocery money for that week... :)
Hey, no excuses - everyone knows there is NOTHING cheaper on Earth than good ol' Ramen noodles. 5 cents a package and enough calories and carbs to keep you going all through the day!

:lol:

-slym (still waiting on the movie name, folks)
I like Ramen noodles, but there isn't enough there to keep you going all day that's for sure.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Only if you eat 10 of them at one sitting.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Got an early Father's Day present from the kids... Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (Xbox). Been pretty good so far. I started with the dwarf but his little legs running all over just get on my nerves, I guess I will change to the human arcane archer.

The gameplay is easy enough, kill it, takes it's 'stuff', sell stuff, upgrade but the (half) elf gal that runs the tavern, well... lets just say, I have NO idea what color her eyes are.

But I also drug out a game I picked up cheap for Christmas... Hunter The Reckoning: Redeemer (Xbox). This game just ROCKS. The gameplay is pretty easy, lots of shooting but what impresses me the most is that it looks like Doom 3, just in miniature. Even has a decent storyline so far.

I would be getting back to F.E.A.R. but uh... frankly, I'm not sleeping well. :)

David_Cody
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Got Super Mario 3 for the GBA that I'm playing on my DS. If you're a fan of the Mario Bros series and remember this one from your SNES days, you'll love it.

I haven't played this game in well over 10+ years and it's kinda surreal as you "remember" where all the hidden stuff is. Almost like it's instinct....weird.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

david_albuq wrote:Got Super Mario 3 for the GBA that I'm playing on my DS. If you're a fan of the Mario Bros series and remember this one from your SNES days, you'll love it.

I haven't played this game in well over 10+ years and it's kinda surreal as you "remember" where all the hidden stuff is. Almost like it's instinct....weird.
SM3 is one of the all time great games, it was a blast playing it.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Just started playing Lego Star Wars. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's a very cool game. I don't know who came up with the Lego connection, but it works.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

C&C Generals : Zero Hour

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Prey :twisted: and Titan Quest.

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

My son & I have been playing the sh!t out of Fables on X-Box.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

The last game I played was Altered Beast and Golden Axe on a hand held thing I bought myself for Christmas.

Fun games. My daughters loved watching me play Golden Axe, they got a kick out of the Chick. (valkarie ?)

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

playing jade empire and star wars : knights of the old republic 1 and 2 here
WWSLJD, MF?

soundoftheuniverse
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by soundoftheuniverse »

Still tryng to master Rez for Dreamcast.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Titan Quest.... hmmmmm not bad so far. For a pretty Diablo II clone. The zoom in feature is a very nice touch.... pretty game but very much Diablo.

Prey on the other hand... totally blows me away. Although hanging upside down on those gravity walks, gives me a headache after a while especially when fighting bad guys.

Seeing my weapon as a 'living weapon' is pretty creepy, definately creepy in sniper mode.

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

Titan Quest..... Diablo clone, but I LOVED Diablo. It's basically Diablo on steroids! Great game.

Prey.... Great 1st person shooter. Makes me dizzy playing it. Great game, too!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Boda's avatar: great FP... uh what were we talking about again ?

TearyBlues

Post by TearyBlues »

Ever played game called Shadowflare?

It's a PC RPG Game that is similar to Diablo but w/an animal companion. They have at 4 episodes there that you can download for a price but the 1st episode (full version) is free.

Their website is at http://www.shadowflare.us

*Do not own any console since the Atari 2600 went kaput on me*
You should join me on Listia (an Ebay alternative site that uses credits system instead of $$$) to get some cool free stuff plus a special bonus gift here: http://listia.com/signup/757766

Sect
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Sect »

Heath wrote:
Knightt wrote:I remember playing Diablo til the WEE hours of the morning. Grabbing two hours of sleep, going to work, coming home, beating the kids, playing Diablo til the WEE hours of the morning... it's a vicious cycle.
Yep. I was in college at the time, so my cycle was play Diablo till the WEE hours of the morning, down a Jolt Cola and some vienna sausages, play Diablo some more, pee, play Diablo until time for class, skip class to play Diablo, sleep a couple hours, play Diablo...
we must all bow down the glory that is Diablo!!

Diablo has "cost" me a lot of things.... school, classes, grades, friends, money, etc. all become secondary compared to Diablo.

I've attempted to install Diablo in 10 different computer labs at school with no luck on any of them.

I've also loss sleep... play till 2 in the morning, sleep, wake up at 5:30-6 AM to play some more before commuting to school (if I even decided to go to school) at 8 AM

again, we must all bow down to Diablo!!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Sect wrote:I've also loss sleep... play till 2 in the morning, sleep, wake up at 5:30-6 AM to play some more

That sounds like me when a new Zelda game comes out.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Sweet Jesus... only about ten minutes into it and the graphics. I mean... THE GRAPHICS.

I need some serious sleep but... THE GRAPHICS. :o

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

OK, just going over some of the PC video games that I have on my system.... NOT that I can play them right now for more than 10 minutes at a time. Here we go:

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II (very nice gameplay, voice acting and graphics - a must for any LOTR fan)

F.E.A.R. (spooky as $hit, beautiful graphics and intense gameplay and a story that will keep you awake at night with a flashlight, 9mm under your pillow and the Holy Bible near) Buy this game and a box of diapers, this game has got me to the point where if some little girl with long black hair and a red dress walks up to me in Wal-Mart I am blowing her death-stalking *SQUEE* away all the way into the f@cking automotive section.

Prey (incredible graphics, cool out of body spirit walking and a gruesome setting, not for the faint of heart) Buy this game and some wampum.

Quake 4 (LOTS of shooting, futuristic shooter that keeps me 'knee deep in hand grenade pins' with great graphics but very linear gameplay but it is not so bad because your 'brothers in arms' are a hoot !!)

Doom 3 (will give me nightmares for days to come and makes me thank God that I am NOT in that type of situation, simply horrifying)

Titan Quest (VERY nice Diablo clone, can zoom in at insane levels with a lucious scenery feast for the eyes)

Act of War: Direct Action (great Command & Clone game that uses Special Forces troops as well as conventional forces to combat terrorism in the USA, great scenery)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (simply THE most beautiful game played yet, the Elder Scrolls world never looked better, scenery only dreamed about in movies and monsters that look almost real, gameplay much more simple than earlier versions if you focus on swordplay and not so much on the spells which I feel I will need to have later but that is ok because this game looks GREAT) Buy this game and a box of tissues because it is so beautiful that it will either make your cry or 'uh oh' in your shorts, Forrest (then perhaps a sock would be in order).

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (hard as crap on a cold day, pretty realistic for a FPS considering it is using an advanced LandWarrior system and the issuing of orders is pretty much 'on', real world 'tactics' helps keep me 'in the fight')

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Just picked up Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on the cheap.

Can't go wrong with a Metroid game. :thumb:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

jedimarley wrote:Just picked up Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on the cheap.

Excellent game, have you tried the Lego Star Wars yet? It's real cheap now too and very fun to play.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

love playing Yie Ar Kung Fu online, I always loved that game in the arcade. I pretty much kick *SQUEE*, but the nunchuk guy seems to have my number! :sumo:

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
jedimarley wrote:Just picked up Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on the cheap.

Excellent game, have you tried the Lego Star Wars yet? It's real cheap now too and very fun to play.
No. Not yet.