Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Re: New female fan

Post by myron »

lorddunlow wrote:
iggy101us wrote:
greg wrote:Welcome! :high-five:

You're not the first active Valiant reader who happens to be female because there's already pixierosa
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...but depending on how many you read and how often you post on this site, you might become second around here pretty quickly. :D

(Whomever considers herself in the current second position better watch out... or get to postin'!) :lol:
Wait a minute . . . greg, you're not a girl?

Welcome to the board.
It the wise words of George Takei: oh my!

you clowns are going to scare her away... facepalm

next thing you know you'll be posting pics of the hoff and his puppies...
welcome
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

myron wrote:
next thing you know you'll be posting pics of the hoff and his puppies...
welcome
I just ate lunch, man. Not cool! I can't get that mental image outta my head now!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

5 posts in and it looks like our new friend has been chased off already. :D

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

ilzuccone wrote:5 posts in and it looks like our new friend has been chased off already. :D
Either that or she has a life. Probably the latter. Just saying. Not everyone can be as cool as me and post every 5 minutes 24/7

A I Diva
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite title: Rai and Bloodshot

Post by A I Diva »

LOL! You guys are funny! I'm still here. I'm just frustrated by trying to read the Humble Bundle stuff on my computer. I am uber spoiled by Guided View on comiXology and buying a larger tablet (mine is the 7 inch Kindle Fire which I love!) isn't an option right now. Heck, if I had that kind of money lying around, I would just buy all of the Valiant titles from comiXology. *sigh*

But no, you won't chase me away with your humor. I feel right at home here. The only thing that would make me leave is if I find the comic-snobbery I have noticed some guys have toward newbies like me. It is really discouraging! But so far, I haven't seen that here. Yay! So please don't dissapoint me! :D
Stephanie Green
Twitter: @RobotBubbles

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

AmethystFaerie wrote:LOL! You guys are funny! I'm still here. I'm just frustrated by trying to read the Humble Bundle stuff on my computer. I am uber spoiled by Guided View on comiXology and buying a larger tablet (mine is the 7 inch Kindle Fire which I love!) isn't an option right now. Heck, if I had that kind of money lying around, I would just buy all of the Valiant titles from comiXology. *sigh*

But no, you won't chase me away with your humor. I feel right at home here. The only thing that would make me leave is if I find the comic-snobbery I have noticed some guys have toward newbies like me. It is really discouraging! But so far, I haven't seen that here. Yay! So please don't dissapoint me! :D

What about reading the books on your Kindle in landscape? I do that if I ever try to read on my phone. It's not ideal, but a 7in screen is the width of a comic book page when in landscape mode. That way you could have it "fit width" and then just scroll down the page. Only two-page spreads would be problematic.

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

lorddunlow wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:5 posts in and it looks like our new friend has been chased off already. :D
Either that or she has a life. Probably the latter. Just saying. Not everyone can be as cool as me and post every 5 minutes 24/7
pffft has a life. :roll:

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom

Post by myron »

AmethystFaerie wrote:LOL! You guys are funny! I'm still here. I'm just frustrated by trying to read the Humble Bundle stuff on my computer. I am uber spoiled by Guided View on comiXology and buying a larger tablet (mine is the 7 inch Kindle Fire which I love!) isn't an option right now. Heck, if I had that kind of money lying around, I would just buy all of the Valiant titles from comiXology. *sigh*

you obviously haven't seen the hoff and his puppies...

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

myron wrote:

Clearly.

A I Diva

Post by A I Diva »

lorddunlow wrote:
myron wrote:

Clearly.
Do I dare ask to be enlightened?
Stephanie Green

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

AmethystFaerie wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
myron wrote:

Clearly.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

My eyes!!!!! My eyes!!!

myron

Post by myron »

iggy101us wrote:
AmethystFaerie wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
myron wrote:

Clearly.
DUDE!... :|

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

myron wrote:
iggy101us wrote:
AmethystFaerie wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
myron wrote:

Clearly.
Image redacted
DUDE!... :|
Duuuude! Don't quote the image! Then I have to look at it again!

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Welcome glad so far no one including that Hoff pic has run you off :thumb:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A I Diva

Post by A I Diva »

Hoff's pups didn't scare me off (although it did take a few days for me to bounce back...hehe)! So, I must have what it takes to be here! *fingers crossed*

Actually, I have good news! I finally had time this weekend to tinker with some comic viewers and I found one I can live with (ComicRack) so I'm back in the game! :high-five: I plan to start reading some of my Humble Bundle tonight!

:cloud9:
Stephanie Green

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

AmethystFaerie wrote:Hoff's pups didn't scare me off (although it did take a few days for me to bounce back...hehe)! So, I must have what it takes to be here! *fingers crossed*

Actually, I have good news! I finally had time this weekend to tinker with some comic viewers and I found one I can live with (ComicRack) so I'm back in the game! :high-five: I plan to start reading some of my Humble Bundle tonight!

:cloud9:
ComicRack is the absolute best!

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

Welcome AmethystFaerie,

Glad to hear of a female who also enjoys comics. Like some of the people have mentioned before, if you are looking for female characters, Harbinger is a great book to read. Its my favourite title, and it defnitely has a lot of female charaters.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Welcome!

As to the length of time before you can *SQUEE*.. it is precisely as long as it takes for you to read the first 12 Issues of Magnus Robot Fighter & #0 (1991).

Secondly You must Read the Second Life of Doctor Mirage (1993) Issues 1-13. What does that have to do with it? Nothing. It's just awesome.

Then you can read the New Death Defying Dr. Mirage.

If you do not... "you will be the most ungrateful, wicked girl, and the angels will weep for you." :kidaround:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Hey, a belated welcome to the boards! Great story, & nice to see more ladies around here - don't be a stranger!

I'll also throw in my recommendation for Harbinger - Dysart writes great characters who are people, regardless of gender. It's my favourite Valiant book, and probably my second favourite comic of all current series behind East Of West :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AaronofDacia
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by AaronofDacia »

Welcome. Always glad to meet a new valiant fan.
A coward dies many times before his death but the valiant only taste of death but once.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your story. :thumb:

A couple of the recent 'My Valiant Story' posts I have read mention the Humble Bundle thing, so hopefully that won over some new converts.

Now, we just need you to get back to posting. :thumb:
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

Welcome to the boards! :) I see "Lazarus" on your pull list. What a great book! :cloud9: I have tried to get my wife to read "Lazarus," but she just won't budge on any comic book. You also reminded me to check out the new "Copperhead."

I agree with the other members with their recommendations for Harbinger and X-O is one of my favorites. Enjoy! :)

Michael
mkb28

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

I see that I had a "call to action" in this thread :P Welcome to the boards! There are a lot of female Valiant readers. I'm a huge supporter but just haven't been posting as much. Life gets hectic! There's also quite a few Facebook comic sites that I try to gently push Valiant on - I know everybody here is already on board. But this is the best place to discuss the books and theories, and overall, the guys here are accepting and non-creepers :lol:

Since Bloodshot is your favorite title, just wait until we get Bloodshot Reborn! The early previews look great. I also love how he is being depicted thus far in The Valiant. You've got to check that out.
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

A I Diva

Post by A I Diva »

Hey, guess what? I'm still alive. :clap:

But I am soooo bad about getting sidetracked. I have one of those personalities that gets on board with something and I go full force. Then I get burned out and I find something new to get excited about.

So I never did figure out a way to enjoy reading the Humble Bundle on my computer and I got frustrated. I had all of the Bloodshot issues on my tablet from when they had on sale last Fall but I got through the first 7 of those. And then everything just stopped. No comic reading for several months. I got wrapped up in other interests.

But on a whim, my best friend and I decided to fly to Seattle (from Alabama!) to attend Emerald City Comic Con and I was able to meet several of the staff and creators at the Valiant booth. I even got a sketch of Rai from Clayton Crain. So when Bloodshot Reborn came out, I picked it up and read it. Great stuff! So now I am excited again! I went back and re-read 1-7 and now i'm up to issue 14.

By the way, I was able to get a gold edition of Rai # 1 when I was ECCC. Is that a good thing? I also met Matt Kindt. What a super nice guy!

So anyway, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm where I knew it would be appreciated. I apologize ahead of time if I come and go. I'm just crazy like that! :o

P.S. Some of you may have seen me post on Twitter. My account name there is @RobotBubbles and the display name is A.I. Diva
Stephanie Green