Shocker Announces Indy Toy Line (Includes Solar & Magnus

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BrianT
Favorite character: X-O Manowar/Ninjak/Armorines

Post by BrianT »

ManofTheAtom wrote:One way for VEI to make some money back would be to go public with the company sometime within their first year of operations, just like Marvel's a public company.

No?
No.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Brian Thomer wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote:One way for VEI to make some money back would be to go public with the company sometime within their first year of operations, just like Marvel's a public company.

No?
No.
Why not?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Brian Thomer wrote:Why? They don't answer to you. And they're not going to reveal any of their plans on a fan message board just to refute someone talking about something they have no knowledge of.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They do answer to us. We're the consumers. We're their customers.

Outside of this message board there's very little if any interest in a valiant relaunch.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

ManofTheAtom wrote:
Brian Thomer wrote:

No?
No.
Why not?
I don't think they're smart enough.

BrianT

Post by BrianT »

jedimarley wrote:
Brian Thomer wrote:Why? They don't answer to you. And they're not going to reveal any of their plans on a fan message board just to refute someone talking about something they have no knowledge of.

Outside of this message board there's very little if any interest in a VALIANT relaunch.
They haven't sold anything and you haven't bought anything. You are not their consumer, not yet anyway. And if this MB makes up their whole customer base, then they aren't going anywhere.

BrianT

Post by BrianT »

ManofTheAtom wrote:
Brian Thomer wrote:

No?
No.
Why not?
Unknown company. Unknown owners. Unknown product. Unknown earning potential. Plus, a myriad of other reasons, not the least of which is that one does not simply go public at the drop of a hat.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Brian Thomer wrote:Unknown company. Unknown owners. Unknown product. Unknown earning potential. Plus, a myriad of other reasons, not the least of which is that one does not simply go public at the drop of a hat.

No?
I put the part you missed in bold.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

BrianT

Post by BrianT »

I didn't miss it. A year (and certainly less than one year) is not enough time to establish oneself.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

That depends.

It took VALIANT about 15-16 months to go from Magnus #1 to Unity.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

ManofTheAtom wrote:

No?
NO. What makes you think that? Just because a company goes public, doesn't mean that people will invest. If I start up DingleBerriesR'Us and then go public, I doubt that it will take off. I'd respond more, but I've got a few in me and want to get some more in me. There isn't any logic to the above quote though. That's fo sho. Stop talking Valiant and go get drunk!! It's Noche Buena. :thumb:
ASM Crossover Home

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

400yrs wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote:

No?
NO. What makes you think that? Just because a company goes public, doesn't mean that people will invest. If I start up DingleBerriesR'Us and then go public, I doubt that it will take off. I'd respond more, but I've got a few in me and want to get some more in me. There isn't any logic to the above quote though. That's fo sho. Stop talking VALIANT and go get drunk!! It's Noche Buena. :thumb:
Heh.

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

Brian Thomer wrote:
jedimarley wrote:

Outside of this message board there's very little if any interest in a VALIANT relaunch.
They haven't sold anything and you haven't bought anything. You are not their consumer, not yet anyway. And if this MB makes up their whole customer base, then they aren't going anywhere.

True enough that this board cannot be VEI's only source of profit, but if this isn't their target market I don't know who could be. The majority of initial sales will be directly from the members of this board or indirectly via efforts from members of this board brewing a 'grass roots' buzz across the net. I find it extremely difficult to believe VEI will sustain any long term success without the support of the members of this board.

That said, I don't personally feel that trust with VEI has been broken. I will do all I can to support whatever reincarnation comes our way, whenever it comes. I fully understand the need to remain silent until court battles are settled. I also see the upside in not licensing things until they have atleast secured the Valiant TM, and better still to wait until all the TMs have been won.

I will continue waiting. I still have hope. :thumb: ~Pete

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

bump

Any news on this?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

ManofTheAtom wrote:bump

Any news on this?
Looks like there's a Solar "shockini" on the products page (Wave 1 coming soon)...
http://www.shockertoys.com/products.php

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

greg wrote:

Any news on this?
Looks like there's a Solar "shockini" on the products page (Wave 1 coming soon)...
Yeah, I saw that just now.

He doesn't have a belt. The Gold Key version had a belt, the VALIANT one didn't.

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

ManofTheAtom wrote:
greg wrote:

Any news on this?

He doesn't have a belt. The Gold Key version had a belt, the Valiant one didn't.
I figure they're going for the Valiant version since the face isn't green. :hm:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

greg wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote:
greg wrote:

Any news on this?

He doesn't have a belt. The Gold Key version had a belt, the Valiant one didn't.
I figure they're going for the Valiant version since the face isn't green. :hm:
This is the third time we see someone produce a Solar related product that uses the VALIANT version.

First there was VIP's... er, I mean DF's (canceled) litho, then there was the statue, and now this.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

A Shockini? Ugh, those things look worse than a Lego to me. No thanks.....

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

Daniel Jackson wrote:A Shockini? Ugh, those things look worse than a Lego to me. No thanks.....
Yeah, not very awe-inspiring.

And I was a little leary to click on a link to "shockertoys.com"

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ThrillKillWill wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:A Shockini? Ugh, those things look worse than a Lego to me. No thanks.....
Yeah, not very awe-inspiring.

And I was a little leary to click on a link to "shockertoys.com"
It that's all they come up with it they need not even bother IMO. I would rather see a company like Art Asylum or even McFarlane come up with something. They've both made some very detailed and awesome action figures over the years.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

If you can't play with it then they're not action figures.

McFarlane's "toys" are more like decorations than action figures.

And an action figure line isn't a real line unless it includes vehicles and playsets. Doing just figures is pathetic.

I'd rather have Hasbro or Mattel do a VALIANT line. I'd like someone with the resources to to the concepts justice.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Call them what you will, but they make some very cool figures. Some of them are dead ringers for the characters too. I think they gear more toward the adult collector anyway and most adults don't want a Moon Rover or Shazam type Winnebago for them to sit in (at least I don't).

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Boring.

When you're a kid you play with toys your parents buy you.

When you're an adult you play with toys you buys your kids.

The only "adults" who are "too cool" to play with toys are in their mid 20's to their mid 30's.

TKWill

Post by TKWill »

I will say this, when they launch I will be chasing down that Scud: Disposable Assassin. The 6" line looks tons better than there little figures.

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Yup. There's dozens of this type of toy. Kubrick comes to mind, but Lego works too. It's just a cop out to me.