Rarest Bloodshot Comic book?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore
Re: Rarest Bloodshot Comic book?

Post by tarheelmarine »

This has been a cool thread. The last time I was here in Okinawa, I saw a common Bloodshot at a thrift store. Now I will have to start looking for the HK versions.

gaga1227
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot

Post by gaga1227 »

tarheelmarine wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:22:10 pm This has been a cool thread. The last time I was here in Okinawa, I saw a common Bloodshot at a thrift store. Now I will have to start looking for the HK versions.
Wish you the best of luck! :thumb: Show it here when you found something. The image attached is from my PC :D

So far, I have only seen some loose copy on Chinese/Hong Kong websites but I haven't found a way to contact/purchase as a foreigner. There's also rumor on one thread that a complete set was available on TaoBao with a price tag of thousands CNY :o .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

How many Valiant comics were translated to HK/Chinese?

gaga1227
Favorite character: Bloodshot

Post by gaga1227 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59:45 am How many Valiant comics were translated to HK/Chinese?
For the HK Chinese edition (not DMG), totally 6 issues were published in 1994. I have done some research but it is very hard to dig up the history from Asia before internet is popular. I have shared everything I know about these books on my blog pages:
https://medium.com/@GAGA1227/most-rare- ... 0a44c4da4d

I believe I have hit a wall on my research, if anyone here knows more, please share. :thumb:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

magnus20009 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:27:44 am I had many opportunities when through Manila to buy the Philippine versions but never had any interest in the Valiants. Actually a lot of books used to have Philippine copies but if I ever bought anything down there it was regular American comics as there were some places that had better selections of new/back issues than the shops in Hong Kong.
Do you mean like these ones?

Do you know how many exists and how common they are?

/Magnus

PS, for anyone wondering, these have relatively low production quality and are easily worn.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Yes those would be them. Not sure how many different issues were done. Definitely low quality production but then they were priced to be affordable in the local market. I have no idea about print run but they would doubt it would be that large and very few of them likely have survived. The collector shops, at least those that were around there a decade ago, focused on US comics.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

gaga1227 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:24:22 pm
So far, I have only seen some loose copy on Chinese/Hong Kong websites but I haven't found a way to contact/purchase as a foreigner. There's also rumor on one thread that a complete set was available on TaoBao with a price tag of thousands CNY :o .
I'm still over here in this part of the world so likely would be able to order them if someone sees a listing. While I can't deal with anything in Chinese (yes I know pretty bad for living here a decade and a half), even if the websites are in Chinese my wife or kid or one of my staff at work could assist me.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

gaga1227 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:25:10 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59:45 am How many Valiant comics were translated to HK/Chinese?
For the HK Chinese edition (not DMG), totally 6 issues were published in 1994. I have done some research but it is very hard to dig up the history from Asia before internet is popular. I have shared everything I know about these books on my blog pages:
https://medium.com/@GAGA1227/most-rare- ... 0a44c4da4d

I believe I have hit a wall on my research, if anyone here knows more, please share. :thumb:
"Some" research is quite an understatement right there. Nice work! :thumb:

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

magnusr wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:21:48 am
magnus20009 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:27:44 am I had many opportunities when through Manila to buy the Philippine versions but never had any interest in the Valiants. Actually a lot of books used to have Philippine copies but if I ever bought anything down there it was regular American comics as there were some places that had better selections of new/back issues than the shops in Hong Kong.
Do you mean like these ones?

Do you know how many exists and how common they are?

/Magnus

PS, for anyone wondering, these have relatively low production quality and are easily worn.
I have the Solar and another one. No access to my collection yet, but I'll be posting it up on my website if and when I can. I believe I have the X-O.