Bloodshot Reborn future mapped

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Manaf82
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2010
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Bloodshot Reborn future mapped

Post by Manaf82 »

Apparently almost the first year of Bloodshot Reborn has been written and some of the art for at least first 10 books are in various stages of completion..Raul Allen for a standalone issue,Butch Guice for the second arc and Lewis Larossa for the third arc...

More information at the link....Plus post apocalyptic Bloodshot????? :o :o :o :o

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/20/ ... blication/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feel my "SQUEEING SQUEE"

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Re: Bloodshot Reborn future mapped

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Holy Crap!!! That's AWESOME! Look at that long ongoing title!!! "Multi-year storyline plotted out"! Just what I wanted to hear. I bet this plays into Bloodshot movie plans! :hope: :high-five:
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

This news is the *SQUEE*.

Now if they can do the same for a Lemire Shadowman...
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Phoenix8008 wrote:Holy Crap!!! That's AWESOME! Look at that long ongoing title!!! "Multi-year storyline plotted out"! Just what I wanted to hear. I bet this plays into Bloodshot movie plans! :hope: :high-five:
This.

Yes.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

This is cool to see. :clap:

Is Bloodshot going to 4001?

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Manaf82 wrote:Apparently almost the first year of Bloodshot Reborn has been written and some of the art for at least first 10 books are in various stages of completion..Raul Allen for a standalone issue,Butch Guice for the second arc and Lewis Larossa for the third arc...
Eh, I knew Suayan wasn't gonna stick around forever. I'm not sure how I feel about Guice, and LaRosa is overrated imo. I think he's much better just sticking to covers.
But who knows.. maybe their styles will work perfectly for Bloodshot and Lemire.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by Shadowman99 »

Really thrilled to hear that there's a long-term plan for Bloodshot planned out. Always been one of my favourite VEI comics, so I'm very pleased to see it's sticking around for a while, but not only that, it's set to be one of the central pillars of the universe.

Don't really mind seeing Bloodshot in "the future", whatever that means, with "walled cities" and such, if that's what that even indicates, but the phrase 'post apocalyptic'... Pfft. So *SQUEE* bored of 'post apocalyptic' this or that, there's so much of it about these days, it's like it's the only creative idea that exists at the moment. Okay, so that's an exaggeration, but I'm just getting tired of seeing entertainment media set in this context, it's so boring now.

Personally I hope that these "walled cities" are the product of some kind of event that happens within 'current day', such as a reaction to the Armour Hunters attack and subsequent threats, or something like that. Please just don't give me a barren landscape with pockets of 'civilisation' and 'monsters' outside of the walls...

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Perhaps the walled cities = what Harada sets up shortly in Imperium.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

The best part about Lemire having scripted Bloodshot this far in advance, is two fold:

1. If for some reason he were to part ways with VEI, we won't have another Shadowman incident on our hands.

2. It frees Lemire to spend time working on other books (Speaking of Shadowman... :hope: )

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Keith wrote:Perhaps the walled cities = what Harada sets up shortly in Imperium.
Never know 'til the book hits the shelf eh?!

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting

Post by David_Cody »

BugsySig wrote:This news is the *SQUEE*.

Now if they can do the same for a Lemire Shadowman...
No kidding! Bloodshot and Shadowman IMO are the two best VEI properties to make into movies.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

Wasn't Lemire constantly mentioning in early interviews he had like a minimum 25 issue arc planned out for right now and more hopefully coming.

hunter_peterson
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: Kris Hathaway

Post by hunter_peterson »

dornwolf wrote:Wasn't Lemire constantly mentioning in early interviews he had like a minimum 25 issue arc planned out for right now and more hopefully coming.
God I hope so. I would have done terrible things for him to stay on Green Arrow that long. Wouldn't it be great if he could seduce Sorrentino onto Shadowman with him? And then stay for as long as possible. It'd be *SQUEE* GLORIOUS!

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

hunter_peterson wrote:
dornwolf wrote:Wasn't Lemire constantly mentioning in early interviews he had like a minimum 25 issue arc planned out for right now and more hopefully coming.
God I hope so. I would have done terrible things for him to stay on Green Arrow that long. Wouldn't it be great if he could seduce Sorrentino onto Shadowman with him? And then stay for as long as possible. It'd be *SQUEE* GLORIOUS!

Did some looking looks like as far back as October was when he was mentioning it...
Do you have plans to do more Valiant after the five issues of “Bloodshot”?

JL: Well, I hope to do “Bloodshot” as an ongoing for a long time. I have 25 issues plotted already. It’s not just a five-issue thing, that’s just the first little story. I’m looking at it as a longterm assignment, and there are other things being discussed.
http://multiversitycomics.com/interview ... interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also seems like plans have changed
I originally signed up to do one big Bloodshot story, about eight issues, because I’m so damn busy, but since then my plans keep growing and growing. I currently have a rough plan for 25 issues!
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/7 ... eID=160087" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So he definitely seems to be in for the long haul

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

It's great to hear about these long term plans, although I think they should of kept Mico, in rotation...
#StayValiant

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

agent_graves wrote:It's great to hear about these long term plans, although I think they should of kept Mico, in rotation...
Mico (and LaRosa) both take a LOT of time to complete their pages; mostly due to the high level of quality detail involved. You cannot mass-produce it, so it makes sense from a production point of view to have different artists working on different subsequent story arcs at the same time so they are finished on-time with the same level of detail demanded.

I was speaking to Mico a few weeks back:
Mico Suayan: Yeah that's what me and Lewis were just talking about... ...Quality... ...We may be slow, but we totally make up with the quality.
I'm sure Mico will rotate back in; he's already publicly requested to do so on FB. I'm happy with this, because I want these boys to take the time they need to take in order to stay on top of the game.

ValiantCentral
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: July 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by ValiantCentral »

I talked to Jeff a few weeks ago and the first 12 issues are written, the first 25+ plotted (check the sig for podcast link). It seems that Valiant is moving Bloodshot to the forefront in preparation of the movie which makes perfect sense. Really seems like he may replace XO as the flagship book.
Valiant Database, up to date information on all VEI books and titles
Ivar's Longbox - a look back at books from VH1 and Acclaim
Valiant Central Podcast - a weekly discussion of the Valiant universe

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

ValiantCentral wrote:I talked to Jeff a few weeks ago and the first 12 issues are written, the first 25+ plotted (check the sig for podcast link). It seems that Valiant is moving Bloodshot to the forefront in preparation of the movie which makes perfect sense. Really seems like he may replace XO as the flagship book.
I've always kind of felt that Valiant was pushing Bloodshot as one of the BIG characters.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

dornwolf wrote:
ValiantCentral wrote:I talked to Jeff a few weeks ago and the first 12 issues are written, the first 25+ plotted (check the sig for podcast link). It seems that Valiant is moving Bloodshot to the forefront in preparation of the movie which makes perfect sense. Really seems like he may replace XO as the flagship book.
I've always kind of felt that Valiant was pushing Bloodshot as one of the BIG characters.
He is. Think about it, as a character it is visually difficult to confuse him with any other characters that exist in other universes (Marvel, DC, Image). This makes him much more necessary as a VEI "ICON" as he stands out in a crowd and is both easily and unmistakenly identifiable (e.g. easy to market).

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

DirtbagSailor wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
He is. Think about it, as a character it is visually difficult to confuse him with any other characters that exist in other universes (Marvel, DC, Image). This makes him much more necessary as a VEI "ICON" as he stands out in a crowd and is both easily and unmistakenly identifiable (e.g. easy to market).
And he's their best, most awesome character of all time!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

DIrishB
Favorite character: Ivar
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by DIrishB »

Really have to hand it to Valiant. Not only do they consistently put out good comics, they release them on time EVERY week (not an issue has shipped late or been delayed), and in this case they've gone even further.

It'd be nice if the bigger publishers could be a fraction as reliable as Valiant. I know they have many more books and many more writers and artists to wrangle, but Valiant is doing it as right as is possible. Congrats to VEI for getting their awesome books out on time, and most definitely for planning so far ahead.

Now... all that said... a post-apocalyptic future? Could this possibly be what leads to the state of the world seen in the books that take place in 4001 AD (Rai, Eternal Warrior #5-8)?

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

DIrishB wrote:Really have to hand it to Valiant. Not only do they consistently put out good comics, they release them on time EVERY week (not an issue has shipped late or been delayed), and in this case they've gone even further.

It'd be nice if the bigger publishers could be a fraction as reliable as Valiant. I know they have many more books and many more writers and artists to wrangle, but Valiant is doing it as right as is possible. Congrats to VEI for getting their awesome books out on time, and most definitely for planning so far ahead.
Maybe not having so many books on the shelves is working in Valiant's favour in that respect at the moment. Perhaps it enables them to run a tighter ship :)

Phoenix8008
Favorite character: Aric

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Shadowman99 wrote:
DIrishB wrote:Really have to hand it to Valiant. Not only do they consistently put out good comics, they release them on time EVERY week (not an issue has shipped late or been delayed), and in this case they've gone even further.

Maybe not having so many books on the shelves is working in Valiant's favour in that respect at the moment. Perhaps it enables them to run a tighter ship :)
That is part of what ran the original company off the rails when they got rid of Shooter. They ramped up the number of issues and things went out of control.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

That is part of what ran the original company off the rails when they got rid of Shooter. They ramped up the number of issues and things went out of control.
Ah, didn't know that. Fair enough then. Glad to see they've learned from someone else's mistakes, it's always good not to have to make them yourself if possible!

Anyway, I agree with whoever else said that they've always felt Bloodshot was a front-and-centre character. He's been involved in every crossover/event as far as I know to date (other than Delinquents?! Still not got 'round to reading it yet...), and with the whole nanites/PRS/Livewire/Rai thing, the book has pretty far-reaching roots and seems to become evermore central to the grand scheme of things with the passing of time.

Always been one of my fave VEI books anyway, so I'm happy about it all :)