Valiant Humble Bundle

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sir Sandrick
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: X-O/Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Re: Valiant Humble Bundle

Post by Sir Sandrick »

ilzuccone wrote:
JonesyAZ wrote:I purchased this bundle last night and I'm stoked to re-read these stories via my wife's Kindle as my first truly digital experience. It's kind of a test to see if I might one day go completely digital (I doubt I will, honestly :))
i think for a true digi experience you should use comixology panel view. or an app that does panel to panel.
are there apps out there that do the panel to panel thing from a pdf or cbz format? I thought that was what made comixology different because they are able to have that guided view option.

I honestly like viewing the whole page as I read because I like seeing the creative decisions that the art team made as far as pageflow and layout, but it would be nice to have the panel by panel option at times.

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

You know, I never counted, but what was the total number of comics that you get with the bundle? I think it was 143 BEFORE they released more comics.
Anyone count exactly how many comics you get in the bundle?
Thanks!

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: MRF #1
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by brucehartshorn »

They went over 16,000 purchases with this :clap: Way to go Valiant :thumb:

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

brucehartshorn wrote:They went over 16,000 purchases with this :clap: Way to go Valiant :thumb:
Not sure if that was in reply to my question above? But I wanted to know how many comics were included in the bundle? Anyone know that number? Thanks!

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
brucehartshorn wrote:They went over 16,000 purchases with this :clap: Way to go Valiant :thumb:
Not sure if that was in reply to my question above? But I wanted to know how many comics were included in the bundle? Anyone know that number? Thanks!
at least 3 comics… might be more :kidaround:

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

I counted 153. That might not be precise. X-O 5 is in 2 of the collections, but I only counted it once.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

JonesyAZ wrote:I purchased this bundle last night and I'm stoked to re-read these stories via my wife's Kindle as my first truly digital experience. It's kind of a test to see if I might one day go completely digital (I doubt I will, honestly :))
Open up a Comixology account and download one of the free books from Valiant. I think the Bloodshot sale is still on. Each Bloodshot book for only $.99. Thats a good deal!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

IanAlexavier wrote:
Open up a Comixology account and download one of the free books from Valiant. I think the Bloodshot sale is still on. Each Bloodshot book for only $.99. Thats a good deal!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
all things considered i don't think 99 cents is a good deal for a digi comic. :?

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

ilzuccone wrote:
IanAlexavier wrote:
all things considered i don't think 99 cents is a good deal for a digi comic. :?
Why not? What would a good deal be?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

kjjohanson wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
IanAlexavier wrote:
ah i'm just not sold on digi comics in general. comparing 99Cents to the other digital books that are 3 or 4$ then yes it's a great deal. when you start thinking about how there is no secondary market for digi books and how much it actually cost to get that digi version to you 99cents is a rip off IMO. the 1$ price is just a number they've learned people have no problem paying.

the other day i was thinking about why marvel gives out a free digital copy of their books with purchase. I know Disney wouldn't do anything like that unless there is a good way to make money behind it. i originally thought it was a way to get more eyes on the books. now i think it's to get people more used to reading digitally. digital books are cheeper to produce yet are price basically the same. genius really. I know i'm reading digitally more often now because of it.

you should check out the book called the power of habit. it'll open your eyes a little wider to how companies take advantage of our habits. (for example paying a buck for digital content) it's fascinating and appalling all at the same time.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

ilzuccone wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
IanAlexavier wrote:
ah i'm just not sold on digi comics in general. comparing 99Cents to the other digital books that are 3 or 4$ then yes it's a great deal. when you start thinking about how there is no secondary market for digi books and how much it actually cost to get that digi version to you 99cents is a rip off IMO. the 1$ price is just a number they've learned people have no problem paying.

the other day i was thinking about why marvel gives out a free digital copy of their books with purchase. I know Disney wouldn't do anything like that unless there is a good way to make money behind it. i originally thought it was a way to get more eyes on the books. now i think it's to get people more used to reading digitally. digital books are cheeper to produce yet are price basically the same. genius really. I know i'm reading digitally more often now because of it.

you should check out the book called the power of habit. it'll open your eyes a little wider to how companies take advantage of our habits. (for example paying a buck for digital content) it's fascinating and appalling all at the same time.
You have to realize that the people that create the content still need to be paid. Marvel giving away the digital version for free with the hard copy still entails a full purchase being made. I agree that the digital version should be cheaper, but making it as cheap as a dollar or less as the regular price isn't economically feasible.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

kjjohanson wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
IanAlexavier wrote:

You have to realize that the people that create the content still need to be paid. Marvel giving away the digital version for free with the hard copy still entails a full purchase being made. I agree that the digital version should be cheaper, but making it as cheap as a dollar or less as the regular price isn't economically feasible.
fully aware they need to be paid. and my argument still stands.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Digital shouldn't cost as much as print due to reduced distribution costs, but not much cheaper because you are truly paying for the content.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

AmethystFaerie wrote:Hi, I'm new to Valiant (and comic books in general) and would like to get the HB but I have a Kindle Fire and read on comiXology. Does anyone know of a good reader I could use for the HB books?

Thanks in advance [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Shoot. I go on vacation and miss an opportunity to geek out about digital comics to someone.

Kindles are way too locked down so I'm not sure what readers are available. I would highly recommend getting a bigger tablet. I use a Nook HD+ which is 9in. It works great for most things (it just chokes on 1080p videos). You should be able to get one for almost nothing now.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Is the Bloodshot Masters the only one with a new story?

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

lorddunlow wrote:Is the Bloodshot Masters the only one with a new story?
Since the 3 pre-VEI books (X-O, Harbinger, A&A) aren't classified as "Masters" I think that's accurate.