Welcome to Dead Universes...

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Knightt wrote:
Elveen wrote:
Knightt wrote:OK where are all my DU-nites (get it ? DU Knightt's ?)...

You guys still out there... lets get this section spinning again so I have something to post in while I am out here in the middle of nowhere !!!

:thumb:

C-lo just sent me a grip of books. A bunch of Ultraverse. It is kind of overwhelming.... I just sat on the floor and seperated them by titles. All kinds of stuff I have never heard of.
How about I come over and check them out here sometime soon ? :wink:

yes.... check your PMs. :D

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Checked... :thumb:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

You guys still out there... lets get this section spinning again so I have something to post in while I am out here in the middle of nowhere !!!

Now that you mention it...

Thanks so VERY much to Brother J for selling me those two Comics Greatest World premium books. Now I've got the CGW bug. I want to sit down at some point and set up a checklist thread for CGW here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0157776865

(which I won yesterday)

Combine that with my Ghost runs and I think I am pretty close to having this one licked. Maybe 10 common issues or so left.

The big question is - what are the premium issues for CGW? I know of several, particularly for the first week issues, including 2 for X, of that 16 issue CGW series and the TPBs collecting them (have two so far) but not aware of any others.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Elveen wrote:

C-lo just sent me a grip of books. A bunch of Ultraverse. It is kind of overwhelming.... I just sat on the floor and seperated them by titles. All kinds of stuff I have never heard of.
That gives you a pretty good run at the really, ultra-common stuff. Even the rarer regular issues (I'm told) appear in the cheap boxes. When I found that 5 for a dollar box in Lubbock, the only issues printed before 2005 were Rune 1 and 2. Don't expect Shakespeare, but awful fun reads all around.

Those Ghost TPBs are Comics Greatest World, the newest burr under my saddle. 8-)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I think all I am missing on the CGW side of the house is Ghost, I have but one issue.

Perhaps 1 or 2 of the premiums... actually I let loose of some really wild CGW premiums to Stu a couple of years back, stuff even HE hadnt seen. So, I am on the back hunt... I found all those premium issue in the $.50 cent bins as well.

I got lucky on the CGW TPBs... I got all three at once, then a cheap last book on Ebay.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Chiclo wrote:

Thanks so VERY much to Brother J for selling me those two Comics Greatest World premium books. Now I've got the CGW bug. I want to sit down at some point and set up a checklist thread for CGW here.

(which I won yesterday)

Combine that with my Ghost runs and I think I am pretty close to having this one licked. Maybe 10 common issues or so left.

The big question is - what are the premium issues for CGW? I know of several, particularly for the first week issues, including 2 for X, of that 16 issue CGW series and the TPBs collecting them (have two so far) but not aware of any others.
Glad you enjoy them! I was trying to put together a list for this company. The biggest obstacle for me is that Mile High doesn't separate these from the other Dark Horse comics when you do a search, so it's tough making sure you track everything down.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Chiclo wrote:

(which I won yesterday)

Thats a pretty sweet run you won there Chiclo, You get any doubles out of that lot, just PM me :thumb:

Heres what I believe I need , but as with most of the DU's others continue to surface that I didn't know about (Don't have any of the TPB or Premium books on this list, well don't have any of them period so :lol: )

Dark Horse (CGW) Will to Power - 2
Barb Wire - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
Catalyst Agent of Change – 7
Motorhead # 5, Special #1
Ghost (Ser 1) #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30
Ghost (Ser 2) #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21

Division 13 #2, 3, 4

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

This section is huge! Is there pricing information anywhere in here? I'm particularly wondering about Broadway, Defiant and maybe Crossgen.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

400yrs wrote:This section is huge! Is there pricing information anywhere in here? I'm particularly wondering about Broadway, Defiant and maybe Crossgen.
Well i can give you prices for Crossgen. 50c each :P

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

Draco wrote:
400yrs wrote:This section is huge! Is there pricing information anywhere in here? I'm particularly wondering about Broadway, Defiant and maybe Crossgen.
Well i can give you prices for Crossgen. 50c each :P
Heh. Yeah, that's what I figure, but I know that Sojourn sold better back in the day. There has to be stuff that is rarer than all the common stuff.

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

There is a place that I know that has about 5 long boxes of just Crossgen. Brand new, never been on the shelves. They sell all their back issues for cover (yuck), but I have convinced one of the dudes to sell me the Crossgen books for .50 ea. (as long as they have more than one copy).

I am planning on going back soon. If you want me to get some for you, send me your list.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

Elveen wrote:
There is a place that I know that has about 5 long boxes of just Crossgen. Brand new, never been on the shelves. They sell all their back issues for cover (yuck), but I have convinced one of the dudes to sell me the Crossgen books for .50 ea. (as long as they have more than one copy).

I am planning on going back soon. If you want me to get some for you, send me your list.

Appreciate the offer, but I'm probably going to dump the books I have. Probably .50 each or 3/1. I bought some random stuff because the books present fantastically. However, after reading some of it I can see how people like it but it's not my cup of tea.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Its now becoming more and more frustrating all the time not being closer to the any of the Us board members.

We have over ten long boxes of Crossgen multiples that i would happily give abig chunk away from.

Anyone who wants some and is happy to pay postage send me a wants.

If theres a few people we might be able to keep postage down and still stay around the 50c marker ( but i doubt it )

Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

Was actually thinking of Dropping Ultraverse, as it is insane the amount of cap in their. Except for Sludge and Firearm ~ cannot diss them.

Do the stories in Ultraverse finish? Or the tittles just dropped?

Was going for crossgen trades, but you don't get the hole story. So will have to pick up the missing idividuals issues from you :thumb:

Ten long boxes OMG.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Phantom. wrote:Was actually thinking of Dropping Ultraverse, as it is insane the amount of cap in their. Except for Sludge and Firearm ~ cannot diss them.

Was going for crossgen trades, but you don't get the hole story. So will have to pick up the missing idividuals issues from you :thumb:

Ten long boxes OMG.
We probably only have two or three long of CG now as we have sold stacks of them, plus Drift and myself happily helped ourselves of one of each.

We no longer have any of the harder to get issues though.

Ultraverse is a good one to finish and as far as i know they finished all the stories.

There was plenty of crap for sure, but there was also some really cool stuff.

Im in for the lot.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Draco wrote: Im in for the lot.
Draco's catchphrase!

Phantom..
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

Draco wrote:
Phantom. wrote:Was actually thinking of Dropping Ultraverse, as it is insane the amount of cap in their. Except for Sludge and Firearm ~ cannot diss them.

Ten long boxes OMG.
We probably only have two or three long of CG now as we have sold stacks of them, plus Drift and myself happily helped ourselves of one of each.

We no longer have any of the harder to get issues though.

Ultraverse is a good one to finish and as far as i know they finished all the stories.

There was plenty of crap for sure, but there was also some really cool stuff.

Im in for the lot.

Thats great news, looks like I am back collecting them again :thumb:

Glad you told me that! Next convention I am pretty sure I could get most of them in 25p boxes, maybe even then negotiate.

Saw two long boxes of eclipse, :hm: . 20 p each.
STOP it Fletcher.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I want to thank all you Dead Universe mongers out there for participating in this section of the boards. Things have been so busy lately and I cannot find time for this section... OUR section.

You guys keeping the flame burning, the quests ongoing and the love of all DUs are what makes this small fortress the best place to go for me and many others.

We do good things here and I just wanted to say thank you to you ALL.

Ras the future fan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Re: Welcome to Dead Universes...

Post by Ras the future fan »

My favorite DU are VH1, Marvel 2099 and Archie's TMNT Adventures. I always pick up back issues of these books whenever I see them.
Don't be afraid of the Darque!

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

Great bringing back a dead universe discussion from the dead!
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Yeah, great bump!
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Draco

Post by Draco »

The whole Dead Universe section has become a disused Gem, so ill be personally looking to drum up some interest and look to re ignite some life into these far from dead universes :)

peace
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor_Lanza61
2 posts down, 2 million to go
2 posts down, 2 million to go
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Pere Perez

Post by Victor_Lanza61 »

Just completed my Firearm collection, and today, I bought the entire Warriors of Plasm for $10. Maybe a bit overpriced, but the shop gave me a whole bunch of free comic books!
Aren't they all imaginary stories?"

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Was trying to post a file, but that didn't work and I couldn't delete the post, either, soooo.... facepalm

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Victor_Lanza61 wrote: Sat May 03, 2014 5:51:53 pm Just completed my Firearm collection, and today, I bought the entire Warriors of Plasm for $10. Maybe a bit overpriced, but the shop gave me a whole bunch of free comic books!
I don't know that my collection of firearms will ever be complete. High on my list right now are a 20 ga. Mossberg Shockwave and a S&W Shield .45. And I'd love an Ithaca 37 in 28 ga.